Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > A question regarding microwaves.

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dan Schwent  (akaGunslinger) I went to nuke my oatmeal this morning and noticed the microwave in the break room had three seconds left on the timer. More often than not, I'll get to the microwave and someone has left a tiny bit of time on the clock.

So I guess my question is Are people afraid a bomb is going to go off if they let the microwave beep?

RandomAnthony I hate when people leave a couple seconds on the microwave because then I can't see what time it is. Push the "clear" button, lazy people.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) My hubby is notorious about leaving seconds on the microwave. drives me batty!!!!

Amanda (randymandy) Yes! It's the worst! That's one of the things that if I witness, I CAN'T stop myself from saying something. Why, though? Why, Amanda? Is it really worth causing trouble over?

Yes.

Félix (habitseven) Just say/do what's in your heart and you can't go wrong. The lazy bastards.

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17266 comments Mod
Wow! I love to catch the microwave with less than ten seconds to go. I always feel so proud of myself for gathering my food out of the machine before it starts yelling at me "done done done done done" I hate the sound of the timer going off. I usually take my toast out of the toaster oven before it dings too. I NEVER KNEW that there were people out there who hate those like me. huh.

RandomAnthony Well, your husband, Sally, asked us to intervene...we were going to gather at your house and gently prod you to change, but we decided to approach you here instead.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Ha! He couldn't care less. He's the one who makes the biggest crubtastrophe when making two pieces of toast. I've never seen such blatant disregard for the sponge. If he's bothered by three seconds left on the micro than I'm going to pin him down and force him to eat the crumbs on the countertop.

Félix (habitseven) Be sure to get a video of that for us.

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

Well that would be awkward. Might ruin the element of surprise if he sees the tripod all set up. That or he might take off his pants.

Félix (habitseven) Yeah ... as you said ... awkward.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

Larry,

Oh Larry.

Félix (habitseven) Yes?

Sarah Null (songgirl7) Sally.... I love you.

And my husband has an aversion to the sponge also. I've tried to tell him for 8 years that if he wipes up his spills and dribbles while they're still wet, they'll come right up. If not, I have to scrub them off after they've dried and hardened. "You slop, you mop!" I don't think he cares.

Félix (habitseven) Remaining time on the microwave is not a big bother for me. I'm much more concerned with icky, sticky crap on the inside that someone negelected to wipe away before it became permanently bonded to the surface. I can never even consider using one in a 7-Eleven for this reason. Gross shit!

message 16: by Amanda (last edited Dec 17, 2008 12:09PM) (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I don't hate early-out microwavers. I just wish they'd delete the leftover seconds.
I should get over it.

message 17: by Sally, la reina (new)

Here's what I hate: When Sweeter puts something in the microwave, leaves the room, and forgets about it. More often than not it is a cup of coffee, sitting there chilling back down while he's out tinkering in the garage or something. meanwhile the microwave is inside going "beep" . . . "beep" . . . "beep" .

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Way to find a really old thread Sally.

Just FYI, the forgetfulness will not get better with age.

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

I was searching for a pants thread and came across this.

I've decided we need a whole category for pants discussions.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Pants > Dress
Pants > Casual
Pants > Shorts
Pants > Are you wearing any?
Pants > Do these pants make my but look big? - pictures only

unread topics | mark unread