Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Facebook Books Read

Comments (showing 51-57 of 57) (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 51: by Beth (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 136 comments I don't even bother with the Goodreads-to-Facebook thing; it's too much hassle. When it's easy and problem free, I'll go for it.

message 52: by Jill (new)

Jill Bradley (jillo725) | 8 comments Melissa wrote: "Jay B. wrote: "As evidenced by this page, the same problems happen for months on end, eliciting a periodic generic response of, "We're aware of it and working on it." The Goodreads/Facebook connec..."

sure. but i still want the facebook app to work....

message 53: by Jay B. (new)

Jay B.  Larson | 2 comments Melissa wrote: "Jay B. wrote: "As evidenced by this page, the same problems happen for months on end, eliciting a periodic generic response of, "We're aware of it and working on it." The Goodreads/Facebook connec..."

Couldn't agree more. I've been lazy about reviews, and your comment makes me figure I should start.

message 54: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3 comments Goodreads disappeared from my Facebook timeline a while back (it used to show Books Read summaries on a monthly/yearly basis). I tried to fix it today by disconnecting/reconnecting Goodreads & FB, and none of them will synch to the correct date. Very few of my 350+ books show up at all, and those that do show up either on the date I added them to Goodreads (i.e. the date I joined last year) or on the date I resynched GR&FB. One user suggested that I just unsynch everything and wait a few days before trying again, but that is such an unelegant (and unreliable) solution.

message 55: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 2 comments I've taken Goodreads off my facebook. I've had it. Sometime overnight it added a bunch of books to my timeline, the book in my "currently reading" preview box is one I read three years ago, and when I try the new facebook timeline integration it adds all the books from the past 6 years into "reading" in February 2013 on my timeline. This is ridiculous.

message 56: by Chris (new)

Chris | 36 comments Maybe someday a senior leader at Goodreads will tell us, essentially, whether they care about the GR user experience, or, is it all about business and the possibility of a FB acquisition. I'm also at the end of the line, with unfortunately no real alternative.

message 57: by Anton (new)

Anton (araxhiel) | 1 comments As for December 2014, this continues to be an issue. I recently connected GR to FB, and there is a difference about how many books are marked as read on GR, and how many are marked as well on FB. (The difference is about 30 books, approx). Not to mention that the difference on the "want to read" section, which is around 100 books.

I hope that I'm not the only one with this issue... Because is, honestly speaking, kinda annoying.

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread