Teens Against Discrimination discussion

Current Events > The Trayvon Martin Case

Comments (showing 1-42 of 42) (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Łil' Šwåg, Fighting For Trayvon (new)

Łil' Šwåg (Streak4Eva) | 133 comments Mod
Thoughts, comments info, shout outs, rants... All here!

[image error]

message 2: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (last edited Mar 29, 2012 04:20PM) (new)

Edgemund (EJSchoenborn) | 606 comments Mod
A few facts I heard:
-Trayvon Martin is African American
-Trayvon Martin was shot dead in Florida.
-He had a bag of skittles for his brother and an ice tea for his mom
-He was shot by Neighborhood Watch for being a "suspicious character"
-He had been suspended from school three times (at least twice for illegal possession)
-He was suspended that day for possession
-He had grafitti paraphrenalia in a bag with him
-He assaulted the neighborhood watchman which gave the man the "right to use deadly force"

This is either a "hate crime", a case of mistaken judgement, or an event that could've been prevented.

message 3: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments umm by report he didn't assault the neighborhood watch guy it's the other way around. There are police calls of him screaming for help. Weither or not he had the suspension and grafitti shit he wasn't doing anything at that time to result in him dead! Don't defend that racist "watch" bitch he deserves death!

message 4: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (new)

I am NOT defending him.
There was NO REASON whatsoever to bring a gun into it.
He deserves to go to jail for what he did and I hope he does.

I was just stating what I heard about it overall. Whether or not the facts are 100% true is up to question, but I was merely stating what I heard.
I am wholly against the "Captain of the Neighborhood Watch". You don't just SHOOT someone for being in a gated community. Graffitti does NOT institute death. Neither does drugs! (if those facts are 100% true of course). He needs jail for murder (or at the very least MANSLAUGHTER!) because he killed an innocent human being.

message 5: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments mmhmm

message 6: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (new)

*sigh*
Everything I say always comes out wrong. :(

message 7: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments how?

message 8: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (new)

Wait... that wasn't a sarcastic mmhmmm like "sure you meant it like that... *sarcasm*"...
*facepalm*
I'm a dumbass.

message 9: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments A little bit yes

message 10: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (new)

*sigh*
I knew it was true...
*dramatically falls down*

message 11: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments wtf...

message 12: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (new)

Wait, that little bit was questionable because there were two things mentioned so either...
A) I'm a little bit of a dumbass
OR
B)you were being a little sarcastic with the mmhmmm

message 13: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments umm I'm so confused

message 14: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (new)

Would you care if I just deleted this whole conversation...
almost none of this has to do with the subject soooo

message 15: by Andy suicidal (last edited Mar 29, 2012 04:41PM) (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments don't -,- do it I stalk you and murder you

message 16: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (new)

*flees*
Okay, I'll leave it up.
Actually that fleeing is perfect timing as I has to go now...
ByE!

message 17: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments Noooo :"( I alone again 3

message 18: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (new)

*puts tape over broken heart*
All better. :D

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 59 comments Okay, so back to the conversation...

I heard about this!
One of my friends were commenting about it the other day. My question, what made the kid a suspicious character? The skittles? The ice tea? Seriously though...

message 20: by Dia (new)

Dia (FunSize5) | 12 comments He also had on a black hoodie. Maybe the man who shot him thought he was a hoodlum or something.

But I can't really form an opinion on the matter until we know what exactly went down that night. Trayvon is dead, so we'll never hear his side of the story, but hopefully Zimmerman and the witnesses will be honest when they testify in court. So I'm just gonna sit back and wait until the jury comes to a conclusion.

message 21: by Łil' Šwåg, Fighting For Trayvon (new)

Facts.

I'm in Florida. Believe me. :)

-He was an african american
-Carried skittles and iced tea with hoodie
`George zimmerman shot him,

message 22: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments fact is this is total bullshit.

Jahlia ((thing 10 Evil 1)) (Jahlia) | 10 comments PUT UP YOUR HOODS FOR TRAYVON MARTIN!!

In my school half of us walked out right after lunch with our hoods up for the Trayvon martin walk :(.

And most of us wore our hoods(including moi) and the principal gave us permission.

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 971 comments Apparently Atheists and people who dont have any religious beliefs are shunned a lot more in America than England. *Random.*

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 971 comments Jahlia ( (the lovely abnix, thing 10 Evil 1)) wrote: "PUT UP YOUR HOODS FOR TRAYVON MARTIN!!

In my school half of us walked out right after lunch with our hoods up for the Trayvon martin walk :(.

And most of us wore our hoods(including moi) and ..."

I DONT OWN A HOODIE! T^T

message 26: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ wrote: "Apparently Atheists and people who dont have any religious beliefs are shunned a lot more in America than England. *Random.*"

Definately

message 27: by Andy suicidal (new)

Andy suicidal | 131 comments Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ wrote: "Jahlia ( (the lovely abnix, thing 10 Evil 1)) wrote: "PUT UP YOUR HOODS FOR TRAYVON MARTIN!!

..."

Borrow mine?

Jahlia ((thing 10 Evil 1)) (Jahlia) | 10 comments I have several.

message 29: by Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (last edited Mar 30, 2012 12:38PM) (new)

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 971 comments Andy Suicide wrote: "Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ wrote: "Apparently Atheists and people who dont have any religious beliefs are shunned a lot more in America than England. *Random.*"

Definately"

Why though?
Why are non-believers hated there so much?
I once read a comment that said that anyone who doesnt believe in god can get raped.
Thats just not right.

message 30: by Łil' Šwåg, Fighting For Trayvon (new)

Lil' Swag wrote: "Facts.

I'm in Florida. Believe me. :)

-He was an african american
-Carried skittles and iced tea with hoodie
`George zimmerman shot him,"

As i was sayign before i was rudely pulled off the computer. *cough sis cough little sis*

George zimmermman shot him in what was said to be a hate crime.
a lady heard the crying for help, and she claims that the crying stopped after the gun was fired.

Trayvon Martins girfriend was talkign to him seconds before he died.

Hundreds rallied, carrying skittles, hoods, iced tea and pictures of him last week.

A guy named Joe Oliver has been claimign he was Zimmermmans" "Close friend." but he didn't know that Zimmerman has been taking anger management classes.

message 31: by Łil' Šwåg, Fighting For Trayvon (new)

Jahlia ( (the lovely abnix, thing 10 Evil 1)) wrote: "PUT UP YOUR HOODS FOR TRAYVON MARTIN!!

And most of us wore our hoods(including moi) and ..."

i'm goign to tell my dad to get two black hoodies. one for me and one for him so we can march next time rally goes around.

Dad: "Whent eh next rally comes around, you dont have to ask me if ill be going. I'll be there with my hoodie and skittles."

Me: "And me too!"

Dad: "Go back inside."

Me: "humph"

message 32: by Karina (new)

Karina (2187) Did you guys hear about the gun range targets?

message 35: by Richard (new)

Richard (DDayTheMormon) Here are my comments about the whole thing... at first I thought wow what a racists prick but now I'm thinking the parents are; GOLD DIGGERS!

message 36: by Karina (new)

Karina (2187) Why?

message 37: by Richard (new)

Richard (DDayTheMormon) Because yeah the man was a racists and he did shoot a unarmed child. But to get an entire nation against one man is wrong. But even now that he has been convicted THEY STILL WON'T SHUT UP!!

message 38: by Karina (new)

Karina (2187) I heard this morning that he is already free? maybe the person that told me was wrong though.

message 39: by Richard (new)

Richard (DDayTheMormon) I heard he was convicted of manslaughter.

message 40: by Karina (new)

Karina (2187) I honestly don't know and I'm not picking sides

message 41: by Edgemund, The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth (new)

Manslaughter: Accidental shooting pretty much...
I don't know whether to believe it or not.
Those targets though are pretty BS to me. I don't think they should've been made. PERIOD! The person who made them even said they were supposed to be Trayvon.

message 42: by Richard (new)

Richard (DDayTheMormon) I usually don't care either way because its always turned into some racist bullshit but with these parents; all they want is the fame not justice.

unread topics | mark unread