Old Books, New Readers discussion

Movies > Movies

Comments (showing 51-100 of 142) (142 new)    post a comment »

message 51: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3182 comments Mod
Last night I saw a movie called "In Time" with Justin Timberlake. It was about how money is no longer the currency instead how long you live is implanted in your arm. And you can make time and spend the time on your arm. Some people live forever most do not.

"For a few to be immortal many must die."-

I really liked it except for the girl main charter was annoying.

message 52: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments Oh! I saw previews for that movie, but no one I know ever saw it! It was good? It looked interesting, like it had a really unique premise.

message 53: by Giuliana (new)

Giuliana  (GiulianaFromNewYork) I saw the previews to but it didn't look instresting. I recently saw War Horse!

message 54: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) That is GOOD!!! I like horse movies...good ones that is. ;)
I saw Wrath of the Titan's last night. I liked it, but was kinda sad that Io wasn't in it anymore....:(

message 55: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

"In Time" in my opinion is worth the watch. Although my brother and I had a very deep debate about how impractical it was and how everyone in the world would never go for having how much time they had to live being implanted in their arm, I enjoyed it and liked the idea.

I haven't seen "War Horse" yet. And am not sure I want to, I am afraid it will just be a bunch of animals right BS.

Wrath of the Titans sounds good, when did that come out?

message 56: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) April 30th. If you haven't seen the Clash of the Titans, I reccomend that first.
Actually, Warhorse was really good, and this is coming from an animal rights hater....lol

message 57: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Ah-Ha! I knew I couldn't be the only animals right hater!

I saw Clash of the Titans, cool special effects and plenty of good looking people, but over all plot? Boooo!!

message 58: by [deleted user] (new)

I love quoting things from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I think I may know just about all those movies by heart!

message 59: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, yeah, I've seen both War Horse and Clash of the Titans, and they were both GREAT!

message 60: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Veronica wrote: "I love quoting things from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I think I may know just about all those movies by heart!"

I quote them too with the most often one being "I've got a jar of dirt" and "Wait for the opportune moment".

message 61: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments My sister and I always quote: "I am disinclined to acquiesce your request" from the Pirates movies. Love them! And Johnny Depp :D

message 62: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, yeah! Those are the best! And I'm curious, who's your favorite character in Pirates of the Caribbean, Christa?

message 63: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Captain Jack Sparrow without a doubt! Who is your favorite?

Oh I had forgotten that one Haley, I love that one too.

message 64: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, you're gonna be shocked when you hear what my favorite character is.
It's Davy Jones.

But, of course, I love Jack Sparrow. He is so funny. And those two dumb pirates Pintel and Regetti are a scream. :D

message 65: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

HAhaha they are indeed. Aww you like Davy Jones? I found him, unremarkable. What do you like about him?

message 66: by [deleted user] (new)

I like him because...
1. He's a bad guy.
2. He looks so interesting.
3. I love the storyline that has to do with him.
4. He's sort of a monster. (Ever since I was very young, I always liked monsters.)

So those are my reasons for liking Davy Jones. I also like his crew.

message 67: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) Christa - Ron Paul 2012 wrote: "Veronica wrote: "I love quoting things from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I think I may know just about all those movies by heart!"

I quote them too with the most often one being "I've got..."

Those movies are so quotable! One of my favorite lines is “Me, I’m dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it’s the honest ones you have to watch out for.”
And yeah, Christa, I'm with you. Jack is my fav. ;)

message 68: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) Has anyone seen Napolean Dynamite?

message 69: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

I really liked that movie. I can't watch it all the time because it is so stupid, but every once and a while it is fun :D

message 70: by [deleted user] (new)

Out of all the Pirates movies, the third one "At World's End" would have to be my favorite.

message 71: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Really? That is my least favorite one.

message 72: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, although I love them all (of course).

message 73: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Lat night I watched "Interview with the Vampire" and I really liked it. It started Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and Kirsten Dunst. It was very bloody and gory (Of course) but the acting was brilliant. I thought there was far more nudity than was necessary but such is Hollywood.

message 74: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) I saw Bedtime Stories recently with my family. WOW!!! SUPER funny!!!! And it was the cleanest Adam Sandler movie I've seen....I guess being a Disney movies helps some. :)

message 75: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments I just saw Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (anyone heard of it?) Sounds kinda lame, I know, but Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt? Had to see it. And I loved it. I thought it was awesome. Some dry humor, which is always great, but it was a cool story and very well acted.

And Tabi, I think Bedtime Stories is so funny. I thought it was really clever

message 76: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) I know! I also saw Ever After recently, and while I'm not a big fan of romances, I liked this...and I guess the humor in it helped as well. ;)

message 77: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

OK I love "Ever After" and I usually do not care for romance. But that one is so good. "You've Got Mail" is another great love story.

I love love love Ewan McGregor but my bro and I already know what kind of movie it is because of the roles he always plays. Excepting "Star WArs" he always plays the confused guy who can't understand anyone and doesn't know what is going on. Um... Actually even in StarWars he plays that.

I really liked "Bedtime Stories". I was really impressed with how clean it was, the little kids love it. I like a lot of other Adam Sandler movies but I don't watch them around the little kids.

message 78: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) I've only seen parts of Mr. Deeds, and I've found that I don't like those types of movies. I mean, I'll watch them once...but that's it.
Ok, what is the dumbest movie you've ever seen? :)

message 79: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

I can't remember the name.

message 80: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) What???
Mine is The Last Mimsy...that was SO dumb!!!!

message 81: by [deleted user] (new)

I've seen the movie "Bridge to Terebithia" a couple of times, and I really enjoyed it, despite the sad ending. However, the sad ending made things very unexpected, and I like those unexpected moments in movies. I certainly was not expecting Leslie to die.

message 82: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

I saw "The Last Mimsy" but I was half asleep at the time so I thought it was just me.

I hated "Bridge to Terebithia" it made me cry. Hate those movies.

message 83: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) Me too...like anything by the Kendrick brothers. Have you seen any of their movies?
Good movies, but real heavy on the tears.

message 84: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments What are some of their movies?

message 85: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) They have four out right now. Flywheel, Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and most recently Courageous. I highly recommend the movies, but I will warn that they are tear-jerkers. ;)

message 86: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments Courageous I've heard of, but none of the other ones. Hmm... I'll have to take a look. I don't mind tear-jerkers every once and a while. I kind of like them sometimes, actually

message 87: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) I agree. I am Number Four is good! I own it..but I didn't see it in the theaters. :(
The newest X-men origins is really good.
YES!!!! Snow-White and the Hunstman looks AWESOME!!!! Cannot wait to see it!!!!!

message 88: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Oh I want to see the new X-men so badly!

Last night I saw "The Blind Side" and liked it well enough. There was no action as it was a drama but the actors were good and Sandra Bullocks southern accent was terrific and not annoying at all. (Being from the south and all I am should know. I actually really liked it.

message 89: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) Hey, you're from the South as well!!! Cool! Where at, relatively?

message 90: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Kentucky, but I also spent a lot of time in Tennessee. I lived on the border so I was in and out of both state regularly. But I have been to almost all the southern states.

message 91: by [deleted user] (new)

Neat. I'm in Florida.

message 92: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments I'm on the border of Kansas and Missouri! Most people I've met who've never lived on state lines don't understand how it's so easy to go back and forth between the states. When I say I spend half my time in MO even though I'm a Kansan, somehow it doesn't compute

message 93: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

LOl I know, some people seem to think that when you say "I live in KY" they then believe you live in the middle of the state and can't leave it.

message 94: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments Ha. When you say "I live in KS" people automatically assume you live on a farm in the middle of a prairie, or a wheat field. Where you actually live in the state doesn't seem to factor in :D But they can't picture the wheat field being next to MO, so it confuses them

message 95: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) Well, I can't boast to that. I live pretty much smack dab in the middle of the lower half of Florida, around the swampy areas....Cool Christa! You know, I'm going to be in Tennessee sometime in the beginning of June....lol. ;) Around the Knoxville area...

message 96: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

Oh I love Knoxville, but sadly I no longer live in the South. Sometimes I wish I still did. I live in Oregon now, about 15 mins from the coast, which is cold and rainy with 30 mph winds. I liked Florida a lot better.

message 97: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments That's funny, because I could seriously happily live forever somewhere cold and rainy and windy. It's my favorite

message 98: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (FeyGurl) Cold and snowy and windy...that's my preference...although it doesn't exactly happen half and hour away from a beach. ;) I want to live in NYC.

message 99: by [deleted user] (new)

Cold, snowy, and windy...that's up my alley as well. ;) I love anything like that.

message 100: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016, Beware the Leopard (new)

What is with you people. I think we should trade homes :D

I do really like the snow, and would live in the mountains if I could.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Les Misérables (other topics)