Partials (Partials Sequence, #1) Partials discussion

Kira walker question?

Comments (showing 1-47 of 47) (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Legion Just a quick question does anyone know Kira's ethnicity in this book? I know in one sentence she refers to herself as "Indian" but I was wondering if she meant American Indian or from India. Judging by the books cover I think she is American Indian

Brianna I'm pretty sure she's Indian as in from India. I can explain why but I don't want to spoil anything in case you haven't finished the book... have you??

Gi Gi I love this book. I kinda think she is middle eastern Indian. I'm like half way though.

message 4: by Jake (new)

Jake Tells us brianna I kinda wanna know to :)

Brianna Well the woman who takes care of Kira and the other girls (I forget her name!) is described as always wearing a sari, which is traditionally worn by women in India. At the end of the book (view spoiler)

Gi Gi Does anyone else love Samm I think he's so sweet.

message 7: by Jake (new)

Jake I am undecided about him. SPOILERS. But sense Kira is a partial does that mean she is going to die to.

Gi Gi i thought she was... because she could hear the partials coming when they went to captor them. Thats soo cool. i don't think she'll die because theres going to be a second book.

message 9: by Jake (new)

Jake Sweet I'm excited

Jessica Jake wrote: "I am undecided about him. SPOILERS. But sense Kira is a partial does that mean she is going to die to."

I think she was made more human than the soldiers. So her death would come due to age [or murder] rather that a rapid decay like the rest. I'm thinking her father wanted a child, so he went a made one, making her the best human possible

Vanessa I love Sam! and I really don't like her boyfriend. AT ALL. In the sequal... I don't think She'll die. By the end of the series I think she and Sam will both be alive. Why she's a partial and didn't know it... I have no clue. She had a childhood so I don't think she's full partial...

message 12: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny Cobb Vanessa wrote: "I love Sam! and I really don't like her boyfriend. AT ALL. In the sequal... I don't think She'll die. By the end of the series I think she and Sam will both be alive. Why she's a partial and didn't..."

Is it possible to be half partial? i think it could

message 13: by DeAnne (new) - added it

DeAnne Jenny wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "I love Sam! and I really don't like her boyfriend. AT ALL. In the sequal... I don't think She'll die. By the end of the series I think she and Sam will both be alive. Why she's a pa..."

idk

message 14: by Alya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alya I think you should finish the book to know better about Kira's ethnicity ;)
Have fun, its an amazing book. Kira is totally kick-ass. One of the best heroines I've ever incountered :D

Carrina She is Indian. It is actually mentioned in the beginning, she said something like "due to my Indian looks".

Marisa Yeah she's Indian as in India

Gi Gi i loved this book so much xx

Julie Gabrielle wrote: "Does anyone else love Samm I think he's so sweet."

Oh I like him a lot. I really liked his character. I liked him a lot more than Marcus.

Gi Gi Julie wrote: "Gabrielle wrote: "Does anyone else love Samm I think he's so sweet."

Oh I like him a lot. I really liked his character. I liked him a lot more than Marcus."

Yeah me too x I think he had a bit more character and i guess i kinda felt sorry for him x Marcus was just Meh... there relationship seemed about off to me x

message 20: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (last edited Jun 15, 2012 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ now I'm the only one who doesn't hate Marcus. Great.
The fact that she's indian makes the book better for me

Shanna_redwind Jenny wrote: Is it possible to be half partial? i think it could "

A partial Partial?

Gi Gi yeah i know marcus wasn't that great x and yeah its cool that like the main charcter isnt just white beacuse alot of books -that I've read anyway - arent very culturally diverse. It the same long hair, fair skin x i thought it was cool she was indian x

Annabel Smith Jenny wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "I love Sam! and I really don't like her boyfriend. AT ALL. In the sequal... I don't think She'll die. By the end of the series I think she and Sam will both be alive. Why she's a pa..."

you mean partial partial?!

Rebecca I honestly dont think she is a Partial. I think that when her dad was working for the company he was able to place in her whatever makes the Partials resistant. I think Marcus is a typical teenager and his behavior is normal for his age. From the clip from the next book it seems that Marcus isn't going to be in the book that much. I'm actually not a fan of Samm, I don't know if nobody else remembers but he did lie to her?! I mean yeah he did help out but I feel hes not someone you can depend on 100%. Just my thoughts

Joanna Gabrielle wrote: "Does anyone else love Samm I think he's so sweet."

i have to agree, i was starting to want Kira to like him as i was reading lol

Gi Gi i know can't wait for it!!! x

message 27: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Jenny wrote: Is it possible to be half partial? i think it could "

Nope. They can't reproduce. And I seriously DO think she is a Partial because...watch the trailer that the author released; it's on the right hand side of the main book page.

There is one part in the trailer where ParaGen talked about releasing new Partial models that serve different purposes other than for the military...but the video blurred out on purpose during that segment so we don't get to find out what these models are for. I think Kira could be this type of "new model", and it would certainly help explain why she is so brilliant even though she's only 16. It would also explain her lack of 'pheromone-linking' because I would imagine that the function of pheromones would only really be useful for the military, where they need to act swiftly during combat and obey their superiors.

Morgan I think Marcus is really sweet for caring about Kira, like Xander in Matched, but Samm is the best.

stephanie I kinda liked Jayden... too bad he died. D: seems he liked her too, in a way.

Jamie (The Title Page) Stephanie wrote: "I kinda liked Jayden... too bad he died. D: seems he liked her too, in a way."

I loved Jayden. When he died I was in total shock like 'is she just saying that so they think he's dead?' but then he really was dead and I got pissed off.

What a stupid way to kill off such an important and likeable character.

Gi Gi I know I thought Jayden was awesome, I really liked him too!

message 32: by Sid (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sid Patel I was hoping that none of the main characters would die, but really by the end of the book I knew that one of them will have to go. I've read enough books to know that.

Anyone excited about Heron though? I found the Isolation short story really exciting...as much as I liked Partials. Since Heron is slated to be in Fragments, I really want to see a non-empathic Partial interact with other people. And she's a total badass.

Mandy Many of these questions are answered in the second book. It is slated to be a trilogy.

Thomas Brianna wrote: "Well the woman who takes care of Kira and the other girls (I forget her name!) is described as always wearing a sari, which is traditionally worn by women in India. At the end of the book [spoilers..."
The sequel proves you're right on the ethnicity but wrong on the reasons.

Jennifer I loved Jayden! So sad when he died! Samm is okay but I really love Marcus. He was willing to leave with Kira and do whatever she wanted and trusted her completely! So I don't understand why she didn't just tell him about being Partial and take him with her to learn about herself. That really pissed me off.

Juzella Billy i kinda imagined Kira to be an American Indian...

Loren Has anyone else thought that Kira's purpose as a partial is to be able to reproduce?

message 38: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Actually, the thought never really occurred to me Loren, though it makes sense. If that were actually true, that's really messed up.

They gave humans the cure for the virus from the Partials, but once the Partials die out, the humans are doomed. If Kira + her siblings are only there to reproduce, and assuming their offspring are also immune, eventually the surviving human race will be extremely inbred. So messed up.

Erica Smith Gabrielle wrote: "Does anyone else love Samm I think he's so sweet."

Yep, love Samm.

Brittney Anna wrote: "Actually, the thought never really occurred to me Loren, though it makes sense. If that were actually true, that's really messed up.

They gave humans the cure for the virus from the Partials, but..."

I feel like that might be the point though. To restart humanity with a new race of half partial hybrids. One clean of wars and the bad history. A clean slate. With stronger immune systems, and super human abilities. Because that's what they're trying to say ParaGen was doing when they released the virus in the first place, right?

Gi Gi Erica wrote: "Gabrielle wrote: "Does anyone else love Samm I think he's so sweet."

Yep, love Samm."

i just wanna hug him!!

message 42: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Brittney wrote: "Anna wrote: "Actually, the thought never really occurred to me Loren, though it makes sense. If that were actually true, that's really messed up.

They gave humans the cure for the virus from the ..."

The plot of this series is turning more and more ridiculous and unbelievable... *facepalm

message 43: by S.M. (new) - added it

S.M. Blooding Brittney wrote: "Anna wrote: "Actually, the thought never really occurred to me Loren, though it makes sense. If that were actually true, that's really messed up.

They gave humans the cure for the virus from the ..."

That's kind of my take. I'm half-way...ish through Fragments and I'm fairly certain that ParaGen decided to play god and wipe huamnity from the earth with a better model.

message 44: by S.M. (new) - added it

S.M. Blooding Loren wrote: "Has anyone else thought that Kira's purpose as a partial is to be able to reproduce?"

Well, some say we all sprouted from Adam and Eve. *nods* That kind of makes sense...

Sarah Loren wrote: "Has anyone else thought that Kira's purpose as a partial is to be able to reproduce?"

I thought the same thing Loren

message 46: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Fultz I LOVE MARCUS but like samm i don't like and Ik they hook up (samm + kira) but I hate him

Bonner Brianna wrote: "Well the woman who takes care of Kira and the other girls (I forget her name!) is described as always wearing a sari, which is traditionally worn by women in India. At the end of the book [spoilers..."

AWESOME OBSERVATION! you are so right!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Partials (other topics)