Dare to Dream discussion

Books > Ted Dekker

Comments (showing 1-50 of 126) (126 new)    post a comment »

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments Okay. I'm addicted to Ted Dekker. (I mean, his books. Yes. His books.)

I've read 8 of his novels and have two more sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. My favorites so far have been:

BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker

The Priest's Graveyard by Ted Dekker

and

Black (Books of History Chronicles  The Circle, #1) by Ted Dekker

His books are packed full of action and suspense and tend to be quite dark. I'd recommend him to Koontz and King fans.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl (Dustpancrazy) | 1452 comments Mod
I am totally going to read The Boneman's Daughter. I'm only allowed 10 holds at the library, but as soon as one of my items comes in that I've requested, I will see if I can get it from the library :-) looking forward to this.

Al (almfr) | 322 comments Mod
J. S. wrote: "Okay. I'm addicted to Ted Dekker. (I mean, his books. Yes. His books.)"

Sure. ;]

I haven't heard of this guy. I'll definitely have to check him out...I mean his books.

message 4: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Daydreamer (last edited Mar 27, 2012 05:30PM) (new)

Oh my goodness. Here is what he looks like if you want to check him out:
Ted Dekker

Hot. Much hotter than Dean, but not as hot as Richard Alpert.

Eh, okay. He's not that hot, but compared to other authors I read...yeah.

Tracy | 134 comments I also love Dekker's books and am currently reading Boneman's Daughters. Haven't gotten far enough into it to make a judgment but I have enjoyed all of his books at least the ones I have read.

Erica (BookPsycho) I absolutely love his Circle series and House (co-written with Frank Peretti). In fact House was my intro to Dekker.

Tracy | 134 comments The Priests Graveyard was fantastic!

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments I wanted to get Red and White when I was at Family Christian store the other day, but they only had the entire Circle series in one giant volume that could likely break someone's foot if dropped on the floor. I bought an omnibus of his Heaven trilogy instead.

Tracy | 134 comments I haven't read Thr3e yet. There's another one for my TBR pile.

Tracy | 134 comments I love Dekker. Right now I am reading Boneman's Daughters and it's really good.

Robin Gezzi | 13 comments I am currently reading Green in the Circle Series. I started with this one, and I know that it says it can be the first or the last of the series. . . but I am still a little nervous on how its gonna be to read the rest since I essentially know the ending already.

The first book I read by Dekker was Blessed Child and its follow up A Man Called Blessed that he co-wrote with Bill Bright.

I am really going to read The Boneman's Daughter. I really am.

Terri (TerriLovesCrows) | 6 comments I really Thr3E

Terri wrote: "I really Thr3E"

You really what?

Tracy | 134 comments Robin wrote: "I am currently reading Green in the Circle Series. I started with this one, and I know that it says it can be the first or the last of the series. . . but I am still a little nervous on how its go..."

I have read that series Robin, except for Green and I loved them. I have read several of his novels and he is amazing.

Tracy | 134 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "I am really going to read The Boneman's Daughter. I really am."

You really should DC. I think you would enjoy it.

Nora aka Diva (DuctTapeDiva) | 498 comments I don't know, I read Blink and only gave it 1/5 stars.

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments Nora aka Diva wrote: "I don't know, I read Blink and only gave it 1/5 stars."

I haven't read that one.

Tracy | 134 comments Nora aka Diva wrote: "I don't know, I read Blink and only gave it 1/5 stars."

I haven't read that one Nora but you really should give him another try. He has books for every taste. Maybe you didn't choose the right one.

Nora aka Diva (DuctTapeDiva) | 498 comments J. S. wrote: "Nora aka Diva wrote: "I don't know, I read Blink and only gave it 1/5 stars."

I haven't read that one."

My best description is a faced paced suspenseful romance with a bit of psychic intuition tossed in.

I didn't choose it, my sister gave it to me. Strange woman. lol

Erica (BookPsycho) Nora aka Diva wrote: "J. S. wrote: "Nora aka Diva wrote: "I don't know, I read Blink and only gave it 1/5 stars."

I haven't read that one."

My best description is a faced paced suspenseful romance with a bit of psyc..."

You should try House.

Rachel | 1317 comments How is the Bride Collector? I've never read this author before and this one sounds interesting.

Tracy | 134 comments Rachel wrote: "How is the Bride Collector? I've never read this author before and this one sounds interesting."

Ted Dekker is fantastic! I haven't read the Bride Collector yet but you can hardly mess up with one of his books. He writes something for everyone.

Rachel | 1317 comments Tracy wrote: "Rachel wrote: "How is the Bride Collector? I've never read this author before and this one sounds interesting."

Ted Dekker is fantastic! I haven't read the Bride Collector yet but you can hardly ..."

I love all the great recommendations on this site-gonna put this author on my growing to read list

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments He's a really interesting guy, too. He was born and raised in Indonesia and didn't come to the US until he started college (I think). His parents were missionaries to some tribe of cannibals or another so he had a pretty dark childhood. (Dark childhood = fuel for the imagination.) He said in an interview that he's never eaten anyone, though.

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments Found it! It was more of a question/answer video than an interview.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...

Rachel | 1317 comments going to start reading The Priest's Graveyard tonight

The Priest's Graveyard by Ted Dekker

Thanks again to all the dekker fans for the recommendations.

Rachel | 1317 comments The Priest's Graveyard by Ted Dekker

This is an amazing book - will def read dekker again.

Tracy | 134 comments Glad you liked it Rachel! I loved it!

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments Rachel wrote: "The Priest's Graveyard by Ted Dekker

This is an amazing book - will def read dekker again."

You should check out BoneMan's Daughters and Adam, too.

Rachel | 1317 comments J. S. wrote: "Rachel wrote: "The Priest's Graveyard by Ted Dekker

This is an amazing book - will def read dekker again."

You should check out BoneMan's Daughters and Adam, too."

BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker, The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker, and Thr3e by Ted Dekker
are all on my to read list. just have to figure out which one to read first lol.

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments Right now I'm plowing through his Heaven trilogy. They're nothing like his thrillers, but I love them nonetheless. I have all three novels in a single volume. I totally dig the cover:

The Heaven Trilogy by Ted Dekker

A giant hand is reaching out to get you! :]

Tracy | 134 comments I have Adam but not read it yet but I did read Bonemans Daughters. There were times I had to set the book down.

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments Ted's co-author Tosca Lee posted this rather humorous note about what it's like to write with him. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tosca-...

Rachel | 1317 comments J. S. wrote: "Ted's co-author Tosca Lee posted this rather humorous note about what it's like to write with him. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tosca-......"

lol

sounds like ted and his coauthor have a great sense of humor. dekker's definitely an interesting guy. thanks for posting the link.

Rachel | 1317 comments currently reading Thr3e

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments Rachel wrote: "currently reading Thr3e"

I own that one but I haven't read it yet.

Rachel | 1317 comments J. S. wrote: "Rachel wrote: "currently reading Thr3e"

I own that one but I haven't read it yet."

Thr3e is a great book- you should def read it

Today I started The Bride Collector. I am reading this as part of our group's Summer Reading Challenge and I know at least 2 other group members are planning to read The Bride Collector to meet the BLOOD requirement :-)

I didn't realize before starting the book that the story takes place in Colorful Colorado - this is really an added bonus!

Tracy | 134 comments Me to and I am reading Adam for another group so I will be getting my feel of Dekker in July. Its OK though because I love Dekker.

Josh Barnett (JoshyBoy98311) | 326 comments I have been wanting to read Ted Dekker books for a while now. They are usually in the Christian section and Christian book stores. I have seen the movie Thr3e and House but do not see how they could be considered Christian. Anyways, I plan on reading a Ted Dekker book sometime, hopefully soon.

message 44: by Rachel (last edited Sep 28, 2012 05:40PM) (new)

Rachel | 1317 comments Josh wrote: "I have been wanting to read Ted Dekker books for a while now. They are usually in the Christian section and Christian book stores. I have seen the movie Thr3e and House but do not see how they coul..."

Thr3e was a great book-didn't see the movie

The Priest's Graveyard is another amazing dekker book

his books contain some religious elements which is probably why they're considered christian suspense

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments Josh wrote: "I have been wanting to read Ted Dekker books for a while now. They are usually in the Christian section and Christian book stores. I have seen the movie Thr3e and House but do not see how they coul..."

Some of his novels, like Heaven's Wager and When Heaven Weeps are overtly Christian; while in others the Christian themes lay hidden below the surface.

I haven't seen either movie (Thr3e; House), but in the novel Thr3e (view spoiler)

Josh Barnett (JoshyBoy98311) | 326 comments That does make sense in Thr3e. Thr3e the movie was good but it falls into the same trap as every Christian movie I have seen, bad actors. I need actually watch it again. I bought it after watching it on netflix but never even made sure it worked. XD I dont remember House very well. If I recalled [That one is about relieving each person's sins.]

He is the only Christian author that I know that really interests me. I started Left Behind but wasn't overly fond of it.

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 130 comments Josh wrote: "That does make sense in Thr3e. Thr3e the movie was good but it falls into the same trap as every Christian movie I have seen, bad actors. I need actually watch it again. I bought it after watching ..."

If you're into thrillers, you might want to try out Christian author Robert Liparulo. I've only read one of his novels (The 13th Tribe) but it is one of my favorite books ever.

Oh, and he's friends with Ted. But that's beside the point, right?

Josh Barnett (JoshyBoy98311) | 326 comments I believe that was a book an employee of a Christian book story recommended me. He had NEVER seen a guy interested in reading come into the store before so he was really trying to get me to get something.

Thats besides the point but always a cool fact! =D

Tracy | 134 comments Rachel wrote: "Josh wrote: "I have been wanting to read Ted Dekker books for a while now. They are usually in the Christian section and Christian book stores. I have seen the movie Thr3e and House but do not see ..."

I have Thr3e but haven't read it yet. I did however read The Priests Graveyard and it was amazing. Another of his books I throughly enjoyed was The Boneman's Daughters. There were times I had to set it aside and read a cute, fluffy book for a while but I loved it.

Another really good romantic book of his that I enjoyed tremendously was Emanuel's Veins. It was wonderful.

To be honest, I don't think I have read anything by Dekker that I didn't love.

Rachel | 1317 comments tracy

i'm hoping to read BoneMan's Daughters
soon-i'm a little nervous about it because both you and j.s. mentioned you both had to put it aside at times (so i assume it's disturbing)- you both also mentioned it's a great book so i'll buy it eventually(along with a cozy mystery ) lol

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Black: The Birth of Evil (other topics)
The Priest's Graveyard (other topics)
BoneMan's Daughters (other topics)
Adam (other topics)
The Bride Collector (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ted Dekker (other topics)
Tosca Lee (other topics)