BYOW Book Club discussion

The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
The Night Circus Discussion > Discussion Question #20

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy (amy_rennie) | 78 comments Mod
Just for fun... who was your favorite character? What was your favorite part of the circus? Which character would you most want to meet? Which tent would you most want to visit? Which food sounded most appealing? What kind of tent would you create if you could?

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy Rennie | 84 comments Mod
My favorite character was Bailey. I don't know why--I always found myself impatient for the novel to move to his part of the story. My favorite part of the circus was the wishing tree or the pool of sorrows. I would most want to meet Bailey. I would want to visit the pool of sorrows tent. The food didn't really sound very appealing to me . . .I guess the hot chocolate sounded best. And if I could create a tent, I would create a tent where you could go to sleep and it would somehow record your dreams. ;)

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy (amy_rennie) | 78 comments Mod
I think that I would have to pick 3 characters! I like the dynamic between Poppet, Widget and Bailey. Like you, I wanted to get back to them when I was reading about someone else. My favorite part of the circus was the mystery of it. That it was at night. That you never really knew what you were going to see until you were in the tent. I would want to meet my 3 aforementioned favorites. I think I would have liked to see Celia's show and though it's not a tent, I would have liked to see the garden that Marco showed Celia at Chandresh's house. I feel the same about the food....I have made more interesting things at home...though I would like to be able to instantly re-heat my drinks! I would make a happy reminiscent tent that became your happy memories...feelings, scents, sounds from the past that made you happy.

unread topics | mark unread