Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > 2012 April Pick It For Me! Challenge

Comments (showing 101-150 of 619) (619 new)    post a comment »

message 101: by Janet (new)

Janet Milk please and thank you

message 102: by Renee (new)

Renee | 36 comments dark chocolate :)

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (Jim_formerly_Photojim) | 5294 comments MountainKat wrote: "Just do it before 2! (My time, not sure what that equates to for you.) "

I think I'll pass this month. I'll save someone the aggravation of picking for someone with no TBR shelf. Maybe i'll be back next month.

message 104: by Maria Fe (new)

Maria Fe Cruz | 1 comments Milk Chocolate :)

message 105: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 7150 comments Photojim wrote: "MountainKat wrote: "Just do it before 2! (My time, not sure what that equates to for you.) "

I think I'll pass this month. I'll save someone the aggravation of picking for someone with no TBR she..."

We'll miss you Jim! You still have a few hours left if you change your mind....

message 106: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7159 comments noooo jim!!!

message 107: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 4755 comments Tic-Tic-Tic-Tic...

(Less that three hours to go!!)

message 108: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 422 comments I remember the first time I joined this challenge thinking "what's the big deal? Why are they counting down the time?" and now that I've played a couple of times...I CAN NOT WAIT!!! LOL

message 109: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 973 comments tic tic tic tic. So exciting.

message 110: by Rishika (new)

Rishika | 135 comments CANT WAIT

message 111: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3760 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I remember the first time I joined this challenge thinking "what's the big deal? Why are they counting down the time?" and now that I've played a couple of times...I CAN NOT WAIT!!! LOL"

LOL, Susan!

message 112: by Tuğçe (new)

Tuğçe Sevin (TugceninKitapligi) | 606 comments Not time already? how long do we still have to wait? pleaseeeeee...

message 113: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 4755 comments Eimeriina~ wrote: "Not time already? how long do we still have to wait? pleaseeeeee..."

Less than two hours.... =)

message 114: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 2522 comments Are we close enough yet to start humming the Jeopardy song? ;)

message 115: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3760 comments LOL!

Kat! Give us something and post the rules! That way we can start getting ready! :p

message 116: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 4755 comments Soon!

message 117: by Macwolf01 [Elise] (new)

Macwolf01 [Elise] (Macwolf01) | 990 comments LOL we're a bunch of impatient kids waiting ... I know so many people who wouldn't understand, so happy I found a group of people who appreciate stuff like this too

Thanks for all your hard work MoutainKat!!!

message 118: by Macwolf01 [Elise] (new)

Macwolf01 [Elise] (Macwolf01) | 990 comments you ready yet ... haha

message 119: by Tuğçe (new)

Tuğçe Sevin (TugceninKitapligi) | 606 comments MountainKat wrote: "Eimeriina~ wrote: "Not time already? how long do we still have to wait? pleaseeeeee..."

Less than two hours.... =)"

Two hours? Two more hours?? Really??? Oh that's not fair, it's already almost midnight here that means I am going to be restless in my sleep :) going to bed all curious about the rules and pickeessss...

message 120: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3760 comments It should be less than 15 mins. now Eimeriina...

message 121: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 4755 comments Macwolf01 [Elise] wrote: "you ready yet ... haha"

Actually I am! And with only 15 minutes to spare! ; )

message 122: by Macwolf01 [Elise] (new)

Macwolf01 [Elise] (Macwolf01) | 990 comments Nice you ROCK!!! I wouldn't have the patience to organize all this!!

message 123: by Tuğçe (new)

Tuğçe Sevin (TugceninKitapligi) | 606 comments oh, ok then i will keep my eyes open for another 15mins , yay!! thanx DG and MountainKat

message 124: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Mar 29, 2012 02:04PM) (new)

MountainKat | 4755 comments Sign ups are closed! Rules and pairings will be up ASAP!

Pairings are in Message #3, Rules in Message #4.

Enjoy!

message 125: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3760 comments Woohoo!! Lady Jaye!!! Looking at your shelves right now!!

The rules look YUMMY, Kat! Great job!!!

message 126: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7159 comments I love the pairings and the rules!

message 127: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 422 comments YIPPEE!!!

message 128: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1295 comments Love the rules Kat!

Skandia

I am looking at your shelves now....will work on your picks and have them up tomorrow morning!

message 129: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 4755 comments I'm glad you all like them!

Valerie ~Varuca~, I'll start working on your picks right away! I should have your picks up in a little bit.

message 130: by Penney (new)

Penney (pschoener) | 3391 comments Hi Nici, I'm currently down and out with whatever stomach flu has hit the east coast. It just hit me early this afternoon, go figure. Hopefully I'll have your picks up tomorrow. Sorry :(

message 131: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3760 comments Already did my picks but can't post them now! Oh well...a few hours won't hurt. ;)

message 132: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (mandypants) | 196 comments Hey Yz the Whyz!

I tried to make sure I didn't include books you've already read. But, your shelves are massive! Let me know if I accidentally included any you've read and I'll choose another book. Have fun!

From Your Pickee's TBR Cupboard:
Chocolate Raisins - Can't stop at one and because they are fruit you don't have to!- Both of these series are fantastic and you’ve rated them highly. Either Hunting Ground or Lover Reborn
Nut Clusters-
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs- I haven’t read this one, but the other Molly Harper book I read was really funny.
Truffles - I am so hearting this series right now. Warrior is totally an Indiana Jones sort of adventure romance.
Hot Cocoa - Cake and cocoa! Sign me up! Always the Baker Never the Bride or The Girl Who Chased the Moon is complete fluff and involves cakes too.

From Your Pantry Shelves:
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries- Agnes and the Hitman or Surrender- Both of these are comfort reads for me.
Chocolate FondueHot in Here or Lothaire
Dark Chocolate -Let the Right One In is really scary. Or, American Vampire is darkly humorous.
Chocolate Covered Ants- Try it, you might like it - I love Meljean Brook and The Iron Duke. Since you like Lisa Kleypas, I'm pretty sure you'll like Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake.

Buddy Reads:
From Their TBRThe Raven Prince is on my TBR list too.
From Your TBRGrave Sight

message 133: by Nici (new)

Nici (queennici102) | 62 comments That's OK Penney! Feel better!

message 134: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 422 comments Sallie(shuga), I had a great time picking books for you! If you don't like anything I chose, or have already read it, I'd be glad to try again :)

Chocolate Raisins - Can't stop at one and because they are fruit you don't have to! - Pick a book from an author or series your pickee loves.
Well, you've read the rest of the BDB books and enjoyed them, why not grab the newest one, Lover Reborn? I'm reading it right now! Or, if you'd like one from another series you've seemed to enjoy, how about A Perfect Blood?

Nut Clusters - Select a book that looks funny.
I thought both of these looked like they'd be funny...Swine Not? and Diamond in the Ruff

Truffles - Pick a book with a cover that is melt in your mouth yummy or otherwise caught your attention.
The guy on the front of Atlantis Rising looks like he'd like to be licked ;) Of course, I think this guy, is equally as yummy (just something about the way he's looking over his shoulder LOL) Wildly Winston

Hot Cocoa - Suggest a book that seems like a good one to snuggle up with.
Casting Spells The cover on this makes me think snuggly thoughts. It seems warm and inviting :)

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries - Pick a sweet romance, one of those books that left you with a case of the warm fuzzies.
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie definitely left me feeling warm and fuzzy and smiling.

Chocolate Fondue - Suggest a book that has some heat.
Good Girls Don't I remember when I read this I wondered why no one had told me that this author was as hot as she is LOL And I have another suggestion...The Perfect Play This book and it's sequel had me blushing and all flustered because of the heat in them :)

Dark Chocolate - Recommend a book that has suspense, is a thriller or scary.
Now, this was harder for me, because I really don't read those kinds of books that often. But, I found Whisper No Lies for you. Even though it's the 3rd in the series, it was the first one in that series that I read and wasn't lost at all. It was very fast paced and suspenseful, and the romance was great too LOL

Chocolate Covered Ants - Try it, you might like it - Choose a new to them author, genre or subgenre.
I believe all the books from shelves are authors you haven't tried before, so that was easy LOL But, I have one of my all time favorites for you here...Texas Destiny. It's a western romance, which isn't something I typically read either, so I was surprised I liked it so much.

Buddy Reads:
From Their TBR - Suggest something from your pickee's TBR or Wishlist that you have been wanting to read, get to it fast before that Fudge Brownie Ice Cream melts!
A Girl's Guide to Vampires is on my TBR list as well.

From Your TBR - Suggest something from your TBR or Wishlist that is by an author or in a genre your pickee loves just like everyone loves Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Vengeance in Death There's a buddy read for this already set up to start on the 15th of this month, if you'd like to join. We're reading one a month, and this is this months, and I noticed you've read some of this series, but didn't have this one listed :) Here's the link, if you're interested http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

message 135: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Mar 29, 2012 04:36PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8992 comments Mandy wrote: "Hey Yz the Whyz!

I tried to make sure I didn't include books you've already read. But, your shelves are massive! Let me know if I accidentally included any you've read and I'll choose another book..."

Oh wow....I got the first recommendations in. That was fast work, Mandy.

Oh..now I'm trouble. You had so many books that I would like to read...starting with Hunting Ground, Lover Reborn, Lothaire, Agnes and the Hitman and Warrior.

I'll let you know when I have decided.

Again, very cool recs. I love it.

LethalLovely~I'm Waiting & Fading & Floating Away (LethalLovely) | 822 comments Salut, Megan L! I apologize for the wait. I've been extremely busy this week & am exhausted as hells, so....thank God it's almost Friday! I hope you'll be interested in a least one of my picks for you. If you are not satisfied, I am more than happy to try again.

Chocolate Raisins: Suddenly You
Nut Clusters: You Slay Me
Truffles: Rock Me
Hot Cocoa: Visions of Heat
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries: Dragon Bound
Chocolate Fondue: Nobody's Angel
Dark Chocolate: Touch the Dark
Chocolate Covered Ants: The Russian Concubine

Buddy Reads

From Your TBR-& mine as well: Hearts in Darkness
From My TBR-& yours as well: The Darkest Seduction

Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas You Slay Me (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2) by Cherrie Lynn Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison Nobody's Angel (Rescue Me, #2) by Kallypso Masters Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9) by Gena Showalter

message 137: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 973 comments FOR CHRISTINE
We have a lot of books in common so it was hard to find a book that I liked that you hadn't already read. Since we are already reading Vengeance in Death soon, I had to find something else to pick for our buddy read. :) Hope you find something that looks interesting.

Chocolate Raisins - Can't stop at one and because they are fruit you don't have to! - Pick a book from an author or series your pickee loves.

Doubletake (Cal Leandros, #7) by Thurman, Rob or
Trick of the Light (Trickster #1) by Rob Thurman or
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10) by J.R. Ward

Nut Clusters - Select a book that looks funny.

My Life As a White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie, #1) by Rowland, Diana

Truffles - Pick a book with a cover that is melt in your mouth yummy or otherwise caught your attention.

Once Burned (Night Prince #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Hot Cocoa - Suggest a book that seems like a good one to snuggle up with.

Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt #1)
by Gini Koch

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries - Pick a sweet romance, one of those books that left you with a case of the warm fuzzies.

Stardust by Gaiman, Neil

Chocolate Fondue - Suggest a book that has some heat.

Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by Ward, J.R. or
Nightkeepers (Nightkeepers, #1) by Andersen, Jessica

Dark Chocolate - Recommend a book that has suspense, is a thriller or scary.

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Mead, Richelle

Chocolate Covered Ants - Try it, you might like it - Choose a new to them author, genre or subgenre.

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Gabaldon, Diana

Buddy Reads:
From Their TBR - Suggest something from your pickee's TBR or Wishlist that you have been wanting to read, get to it fast before that Fudge Brownie Ice Cream melts!
Wicked Enchantment (Dark Magick #1) by Anya Bast or
The Restorer (Graveyard Queen #1) by Stevens, Amanda or
Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab #1) by Karen Chance

From Your TBR - Suggest something from your TBR or Wishlist that is by an author or in a genre your pickee loves just like everyone loves Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Masques (Sianim, #1 - Aralorn, #1) by Briggs, Patricia

Please Note: Buddy read selections are not optional. If you are unable to participate, you still need to make a recommendation. Just let your picked know in advance that you will not be able to read with them.

message 138: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments Kami
Great picks! I want to read them all! I'll definitely be reading Lover Reborn and Doubletake and see if I can squeeze any others in. I'm always up for a buddy read! I already own Wicked Enchantment, Midnight's Daughter, and Masques so I could read one of those fairly soon. I'm kind of leaning toward Wicked Enchantment because that would be a totally new-to-me author, but I'm flexible. Just let me know.

Thanks again for the picks!

message 139: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments Diane ~Firefly~
I'm working on your picks now. I hope to get them done before I go to bed tonight.

message 140: by Vi (new)

Vi | 1975 comments Hey Cathy C, looks like I'm picking for you this month. I'll be leaving to work in a short while. I'll try to get your picks up by today (either at work or after).

message 141: by Valerie ~Varuca~ (new)

Valerie ~Varuca~ (Varuca1) | 386 comments D.G.~Shameless Hussy~-Here are your picks! I hope you find something you like...if not, let me know and I can choose again :)

Chocolate Raisins - Can't stop at one and because they are fruit you don't have to!- Hammered-Kevin Hearne
Nut Clusters - Exclusively Yours-Shannon Stacey
Truffles - Promises-Marie Sexton
Hot Cocoa - A Discovery of Witches-Deborah Harkness

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries - Simply Irresistible-Jill Shalvis
Chocolate Fondue - Tequila Truth-Mari Carr
Dark Chocolate - Among the Living-Jordan Castillo Price
Chocolate Covered Ants - Try it, you might like it - The Dom's Dungeon-Cherise Sinclair

Buddy Reads:
From Their TBR - The Night Circus-Erin Morgenstern
From Your TBR - Spider's Bite-Jennifer Estep

message 142: by Valerie ~Varuca~ (new)

Valerie ~Varuca~ (Varuca1) | 386 comments MountainKat wrote: "I'm glad you all like them!

Valerie ~Varuca~, I'll start working on your picks right away! I should have your picks up in a little bit."

No worries :)

message 143: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Mar 29, 2012 05:51PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 2522 comments Hi Coffeentea!

I had fun wandering through your bookshelves! We seem to overlap quite a bit, but there's some definite differences, too. Here are your picks:

Chocolate Raisins
- Continuations of 2 series that you've started are: Oracle's Moon or Destined for an Early Grave I'm current on the Night Huntress series and impatiently waiting the next book, and I just started the Elder Races series and I'm anxious to get back to it!
Nut Clusters - Big Bad Beast or Two for the Dough Both of these are go-to series for me when I'm looking for something light and fun.
Truffles Flat-Out Sexy - just plain yummy, or Dark Protector - the first book in a paranormal series that I love.
Hot Cocoa - Kiss an Angel - I'm listening to the audio version of this right now, and enjoying it thoroughly, or Outlander - just an amazing book and series, especially in audio.

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- My absolute favorite author for warm and fuzzy romance is Catherine Anderson, and a couple of favorites of mine are Simply Love and Baby Love. Or if you prefer something a little lighter The Sweetest Thing is the second book in the Lucky Harbor series. You ranked the first book highly, why not continue the series?
Chocolate Fondue - Backstage Pass - I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book, and it was definitely hot! Or The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton Just look at the cover - enough said!
Dark Chocolate - The Darkest Hour or Extreme Exposure These are the first books in two amazing romantic suspense series.
Chocolate Covered Ants - Be Mine Tonight is a bit of a different take on the vampire plotline, set around the turn of the 20th century, or Out Of Her League, the first book in another really good RS series.

Buddy Reads:
From Their TBR
- Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage
From Your TBR - About That Night

I'm hoping to read both of the buddy read books this month, so I'd love to read one or both with you if you're interested.

I hope you find something you like, if not let me know and I'll give it another try!

message 144: by Amy J. (last edited Mar 29, 2012 05:55PM) (new)

Amy J. | 349 comments For Sandy

Wow! You have a massive TRB pile! I enjoyed browsing through it. I did have difficulty limiting myself to one from each category, so I didn't. There's multiple books to pick from for each one.

Chocolate Raisins
I. Stephen King's Black House, but I didn't see that you'd read The Talisman. You should read that first if you haven't already. I don't know how much sense Black House will make on its own
II. J.R. Ward's Envy
III. Stephanie Meyers' The Host- the movie will be released next year.

Nut Clusters
I. Bossypants - I love Tina Fey
II. A Visit from the Goon Squad- goofy sounding title
III. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake- Another silly title

Truffles
I. Chocolat- We're celebrate chocolate! Its a perfect fit
II. Like Water for Chocolate- Ditto
III. The Darkest Pleasure- Half Naked Man + we're in the dark chocolate group, so it's all about dark pleasures

Hot Cocoa
I. The Secret Garden
II. Blameless
III. The Highlander's Touch

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
I. Northanger Abbey
II. North and South
III. Making Waves

Chocolate Fondue
I. Voracious
II. Wicked Ties
III.Dangerous Cravings

Dark Chocolate
I. Sandra Brown's Envy
II. Death Comes to Pemberley- I saw you had something similar on your TBR pile. A different murder mystery set at Pemberley. And it's by my favorite mystery author, P.D. James, who looks to be new to you
III. Heart-Shaped Box- Since your a fan of S. King, I think you should try his son.

Chocolate Covered Ants
I. Ender's Game- Based on some other books on your shelves, I think you'd enjoy Orson Scott Card.
II. The Luxe - I love this story. I hope you will too.
III. Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex- I'm basing this Rec on the fact you want to read Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. It's the same Genre and a very interesting read.

Buddy Reads At most, I could do two of these. One, definitely.

Fudge Brownies with Ice Cream
I. Fifty Shades of Grey
II. Hallowed
III. Let the Right One In

Chocolate Chip Cookies
I. The Master and Margarita
II. Norwegian Wood
III. Shades of Grey

message 145: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Mar 29, 2012 06:03PM) (new)

MountainKat | 4755 comments Valerie ~Varuca~, here are your picks! I hope you find something you like! As you can tell, it wasn't possible to limit myself to just one book for each category.

Chocolate Raisins - Can't stop at one and because they are fruit you don't have to! - I have two selections for you here, the first is One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost. It looks like you have enjoyed the other books in this series so why not catch up?! The other choice is About That Night by Julie James. I am anxiously awaiting this one, I love her books! I will be reading this as soon as it comes out (or as soon as I finish Lover Reborn, whichever comes last) and would be happy to read it as a buddy read!

Nut Clusters - The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston, this book is lots of fun! I can't for the life of me figure out why I haven't continued the series...

Truffles - Easy peasy, no doubt about it - you have it on your shelf, you should read it not just drool over it - The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton by Jaci Burton and then move right on to Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) by Jaci Burton and Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) by Jaci Burton Yummy covers, great books!

Hot Cocoa - I don't know why but when I was trying to pick a book for this I could only think of books with food, so my first pick is Hot in Here by Sophie Renwick. I've read this and it will certainly warm you up on a chilly spring night! And you will never think of gelato the same way again! And Some Like It Hot by Louisa Edwards looks good too. I haven't read it or the first in this series, but you liked the first one so keep reading! And those are both pretty yummy covers too!

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries - This was harder than I thought it would be because at first every book I thought of you had already read, but I did find one - Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy. I loved how the hero loved the heroine in this book so much I literally made a list of all the wonderful ways he loved her!

Chocolate Fondue - I'm not sure, but I think you are up to #11 in the Rough Riders series so I will start by recommending Chasin' Eight by Lorelei James (or any other book in the series). Or you could continue on with Maya Banks Sweet series, the next one is Sweet Temptation, but you have Sweet Possession on your shelf so if you aren't OCD about reading books in order like I am, go ahead and read that one instead. Another suggestion is Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice. This series has plenty of steam and over the top alpha heroes - completely yummy! ( I will be suggesting some of LMR's work again!)

Dark Chocolate - My first suggestion here is Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare - I love this series! This wasn't my favorite, but it is a really good beginning, even though it looks like you have already jumped ahead to the end! ; ) Followed by either Into the Crossfire or Dangerous Lover both by Lisa Marie Rice - I can't believe you don't have any of her books on your shelves!! You really ought to give her a try! Another idea would be Hidden Away by Maya Banks, it looks like you skipped this one, it wasn't my favorite, but I do love those Kelly brothers!

Chocolate Covered Ants - Try it, you might like it - Again I have several suggestions, first Honor's Splendour by Julie Garwood. I didn't see many historicals on your shelves and nothing by Julie Garwood, but this does work for the geography category in the April Monthly Challenge! Or how about, Virgin River by Robyn Carr, she is the FAC author for April and it doesn't look like you have read much of her work. (I am all for multitasking whenever possible!) Or maybe, In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks - you've read her other books, but not the ones about the McCabe brothers, you might just like them!

Buddy Reads:
From Their TBR - Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels, I have been wanting to read this and would be able to do a buddy read of it probably in the second half of the month.

From Your TBR - Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward, I will be reading this one probably starting on the 1st so I can count it for my other April challenges if you are interested in joining me!

message 146: by Grace (last edited Mar 29, 2012 06:08PM) (new)

Grace (bookslikebreathing) | 102 comments Hi Amy,

I will have your picks up later tonight after the hockey game. I am rather useless when my team is playing well :)

Alyssa :::Riverina Romantics::: (knewaboy) | 52 comments Hi Daffodil!!!! Here are your recs!!! I hope you enjoy them!

Chocolate Raisins - Can't stop at one and because they are fruit you don't have to!:
I didn't see a favorites shelf, but I noticed you liked a lot of Maya Banks's Books, so why not the first in her Sweet series?Sweet Surrender
Nut Clusters: The Sword This book isn't overly funny, but the main character has some funny lines that I found myself enjoying.
Truffles: Burning Alive I remember when I saw this book for the first time, I loved the cover, and I still do. Saw it on your list and had to recommend it. One of my favorite series.
Hot Cocoa: Ain't Too Proud to Beg This looks cute. :)

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries:
Finding Perfect I haven't read the first two in this series, but I've read the rest. It's a nice lighthearted read that left me smiling. :)
Chocolate Fondue: Dangerous Games It was hot. It was good. It's BDSM themed, but it fits with the story!
Dark Chocolate: Savor the Danger You read the first two, why not the next one? :)
Chocolate Covered Ants - Try it, you might like it: Blood Magic By far one of my favorite series!

Buddy Reads:
From Their TBR:
Lover Unbound I'm on this book in the series, and I see you haven't read it either. :)
From Your TBR: In Bed with a Highlander You seem to like a lot of her books. I've been meaning to get to this one. :)

I can do the buddy reads. I have In Bed With a Highlander, but I'd have to either get Lover Unbound or order it.

Happy Reading! :)

Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) by Maya Banks The Sword (Sons of Destiny, #1) by Jean Johnson Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher Ain't Too Proud to Beg (Dog Walkers, #1) by Susan Donovan Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3) by Susan Mallery Dangerous Games (Tempting SEALs, #2) by Lora Leigh Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) by Lori Foster Blood Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #1) by Jennifer Lyon Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks

message 148: by Christine (new)

Christine | 955 comments Diane~Firefly~

Here are your picks. I hope you find something you want to read. Let me know if you're interested in a buddy read.

Chocolate Raisins - Can't stop at one and because they are fruit you don't have to! -
You seemed to like Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series, so why not continue with #10 The Dream-Hunter
Or you could catch up on Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files of Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld with Ghost Story or Waking the Witch.

Nut Clusters -
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones or
My Fair Godmother by Jannette Rallisson
How to Wash a Cat by Rebecca M. Hale

Truffles - This title definitely caught my attention - The The Radioactive Redhead by John Zakour. It looks like it’s #3 in the series, but I couldn’t tell if you’ve read the first two

Hot Cocoa - Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward. I think we both gave the first book in this series only three stars, but the second book is better.

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries -
In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks is a pleasant little historical romance.
Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare - The ending is a little cheesy but there are some truly hilariously embarrassing moments in this book. I really enjoyed it.

Chocolate Fondue - Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh. I wasn’t too sure about the first book in this series, but Nalini Singh has become one of my favorite PNR authors.

Dark Chocolate - Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland. It’s not really that scary, but it’s a good mystery and it does involved demons, and it’s one of my auto-buy series.
Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake - She has an interesting writing style and it’s a pretty dark story (although the second book is better.)

Chocolate Covered Ants - Try it, you might like it -
I’m settling on a new to you author since you seem to have a broad range of genres. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern or Divergent by Veronica Roth

Buddy Reads:
From Their TBR - Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas
From Your TBR -
The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton
Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire

message 149: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 7150 comments Hi Melissa!

I'm looking forward to picking for you- I promise to have your picks up in the morning. It's been a crazy busy evening here and my daughter still isn't done with her homework. Promise to dive into your shelves as soon as she goes to school tomorrow :)

message 150: by Pam (last edited Mar 29, 2012 07:12PM) (new)

Pam | 575 comments Cheryl-Here are my picks for you.

From Your TBR Cupboard:
Chocolate Raisins - A Rogue By Any Other Name You seem to like Sarah MacLean
Nut Clusters - I loved The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian but like the title Jane Bites Back
Truffles - Dark Desires After Dusk or Nauti Nights both have hot covers
Hot Cocoa - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society I really liked this book.

From my Shelves:
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries - I just finished Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas which is from her more contemporary Friday Harbor series. I also like JoAnn Ross' Shelter Bay series On Lavender Lane
Chocolate Fondue - No Place to Run has a hot lead, great cover and a twist I never saw coming. On a totally different definition of heat Must Love Hellhounds is a fun read.
Dark Chocolate - Going with a slightly different definition of scary. You like YA--I recently finished A Monster Calls. Scary topic--I sobbed through the last part of the book.
Chocolate Covered Ants - I ran through both of these series. These are the first ones Darkfever or Magic Bites. Very different from each other. I love the relationship in the Magic series--great tension between the leads. Fever series is darker.

Buddy Reads:
From your TBR -Slave to Sensation orThe Peach KeeperorDeath Comes to Pemberley are also on my TBR. Even better, they are in my possession.
From my TBR - From the YA Please Ignore Vera Dietz

Hope there is something here that looks interesting!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Warrior (other topics)
The Girl Who Chased the Moon (other topics)
Hunting Ground (other topics)
Surrender (other topics)
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Catherine Anderson (other topics)
Orson Scott Card (other topics)
P.D. James (other topics)
Lynda Rutledge (other topics)
J.D. Robb (other topics)
More...