Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

eBook Lending > Nook Friends

Comments (showing 1-50 of 303) (303 new)    post a comment »

Mcw | 38 comments Looking for more friends as I begin to build my library! I only have a small amount of lendable books, but that will be growing as I add more daily!

MichellesCharmWorld@gmail.com

Sheila | 86 comments I tried to friend you and they asked for a valid email? Here is my email, see if it has better luck
sheilawk@verizon.net

Deborah (dbartelt01) | 26 comments Sheila wrote: "I tried to friend you and they asked for a valid email? Here is my email, see if it has better luck
sheilawk@verizon.net"

Deborah (dbartelt01) | 26 comments I sent you an invite Sheila . I am building my library but have a few books to lend.

Sheila | 86 comments I just confirmed you as friend. I am slow on the "how to utilize friends" at this point. I just up-graded to the tablet and am still figuring out the minutia of its newness.

Lisa Imparato | 6 comments I don't have a lot of books but I have some! My email address is lisa.imparato@gmail.com :) I don't know how the lending this works but if you want to read a book let me know how to do it.

Jennifer Im looking for more nook friends. I donn't have alot of books to lend.

Mcw | 38 comments Okay, I just added every email address here. I double checked me email address and it does match, I'm wondering if that's why people say that they have added me and I am not seeing them? Hmm...

The Nook Friends Email is the same one we used for our BN.com account correct???

Lisa Imparato | 6 comments Mcw wrote: "Okay, I just added every email address here. I double checked me email address and it does match, I'm wondering if that's why people say that they have added me and I am not seeing them? Hmm...

Th..."

I got and accepted your friend request! :)

Mcw | 38 comments Yay! Glad that is working :)

Amanda | 29 comments I sent Michelle and Sheila an invite.

My email is lechenea@gmail.com if anyone would like to invite me. I've had a nook since they first came out, but I just purchased a nook tablet to use for text books for grad school, so I'm just starting to use Nook Friends.

~Amanda

Amanda (amandal685) | 1 comments Just sent everyone an invite. :) Mine is WareA29@lsus.edu if anyone would like to be Nook Friends with me.

Annaquhs (Starynightz) | 4 comments I'm getting ready to send everyone an invite....I'm umamaan@yahoo.com....I have 92 books available for lending. Most are classics and books that were free for nook, but some are ones I actually bought....So feel free to add me as well.

Mcw | 38 comments Thanks for all the requests! I am accepting everyone and please feel free to add me :) As I mentioned before, my library is small, but I am working on my 2nd week as a Nook owner! hahha! So I am building as I go!

michellescharmworld@gmail.com

Nicky Gates | 13 comments I'd love more nook friends too. I have some books that were free or cheap, and some I paid full price for. Not a huge number though. nicolegates@gmail.com.

Sheila | 86 comments anyone who wants friends is welcome to use my email! The more the merrier.
sheilawk@verizon.net

Mcw | 38 comments I've added everyone so far!

Aiesha (BigTexasAJ) | 38 comments I just sent everyone requests too!! Make sure you got them and if not, add me!! ULalumni05@gmail.com :-)

Mcw | 38 comments Accepted!!

Sheila | 86 comments this is great! I feel so loved

Ashley (ashbow84) | 8 comments Looking for more nook friends! My nook library is small but growing! ashbow84@gmail.com

Ashley (ashbow84) | 8 comments I am currently adding you all, hope that's okay! Feel free to add me too! ashbow84@gmail.com

Mcw | 38 comments Accepted!

Lisa Imparato | 6 comments I am still unsure on how it works. I some books on my list that don't have the lend me button. I wonder why I cannot lend some out to other people?

Mcw | 38 comments Lisa wrote: "I am still unsure on how it works. I some books on my list that don't have the lend me button. I wonder why I cannot lend some out to other people?"

It's all dependent upon the publisher. They decide which books they want to make lendable and which they don't. Only the ones that say LEND ME can be loaned out AND then only one time per book.

Ashley (ashbow84) | 8 comments Only one time per book? What a bummer...

Mcw | 38 comments Yup, it totally stinks. I wish that they would make that more obvious to people ahead of time. I thought it was just like owning a paperback, we could lend to to anyone we wanted to, no matter how many times. No such luck.

Lisa Imparato | 6 comments Oh! Thanks for letting me know. Well that stinks my friend wanted to borrow the Sister's of the Moon series but I could not figure out how to do it. I guess the author did not want anyone to "lend" her books out at all :(

Mcw | 38 comments Yup, that's the worst part about it, some of the best books don't have the LEND ME banner on them :(

Ashley (ashbow84) | 8 comments It seems silly, especially bc the only ppl we would lend to are ppl who have also spent a good chunk of $$ on the Nook. I feel like we have more than paid our dues to share the books as many times as we'd like. Hopefully that's something that will eventually change.

Mcw | 38 comments I totally agree Ashley! I wish they understood that. At the same time, I think that the MEMBER card should also give us a discount on EBOOKS too! I CANNOT stand how often the Ebooks are more expensive than the paperback versions :(

Annaquhs (Starynightz) | 4 comments yeah ...I have nook friends...finally! This is great, there are some books that sound really good!

Mcw | 38 comments I know, I get so excited with each friend request! HAHAH!

Aiesha (BigTexasAJ) | 38 comments I was so excited when I started getting a bunch of Nook friends because of the whole lending aspect! I also thought you could lend any number of times. It stinks but as someone said earlier, hopefully that will change. That is also why I have not signed up to be a B&N member... since I don't buy actual books anymore or much else in the store other than Nook stuff, being a member wouldn't really help me! I'm just going to save signing up for when I'm ready to buy the Nook Tablet so I can get the $20 discount! That's about the only benefit I see!

Mcw | 38 comments Yup! That's when I became a member. I bought the Tablet, so figured that Membership was basically free then & now I get a discount at the cafe when I go in to the store and read & buy kids books! :)

Annaquhs (Starynightz) | 4 comments Hey everyone can you also add my mother as a nook friend! She is just starting to build her library, but has a few lend me books available.

Her info is wwillow44@yahoo.com

Peace,
Star (Annaquhs which is Star in Wampoanoag)

Trilby | 1 comments I am wanting to add more friends as well I have a few free books and have purvhased a few but just getting started.
Thanks
trisai9714@yahoo.com

Mcw | 38 comments I just bought 3 books before realizing they are not LENDABLE. Arggg....I have to keep an eye on that as well now :) Wish they would just make this easier and allow every book to be loaned! LOL

Lisa Imparato | 6 comments Mcw wrote: "I just bought 3 books before realizing they are not LENDABLE. Arggg....I have to keep an eye on that as well now :) Wish they would just make this easier and allow every book to be loaned! LOL"

I agree! We did buy them. If I bought a regular book I would be able to let as many people as I want to read it!

Mcw | 38 comments EXACTLY!! I just don't understand this at all. I get that B&N makes their money from the sale of Ebooks as opposed to just the device, but it's already bad enough that most of the books are more expensive than paperback versions.

Mcw | 38 comments Added You!

Trilby wrote: "I am wanting to add more friends as well I have a few free books and have purvhased a few but just getting started.
Thanks
trisai9714@yahoo.com"

Rachael (rainbowarriors) | 4 comments I'm about to add the email addresses listed :)

Sheila | 86 comments just added you Rachel

Mcw | 38 comments Added all and accepted all!

Ashley (ashbow84) | 8 comments Love that my Nook friends list is growing! :)
PS: Happy Friday, everyone!

Mcw | 38 comments I know, I get so giddy whenever I have a new Nook Friend :)

Ashley wrote: "Love that my Nook friends list is growing! :)
PS: Happy Friday, everyone!"

Rhonda Layne | 1 comments Feel free to add me angeleys19699@msn.com. I like mystery, chick lit, true crime, horror, young adult and most fictiin novels. I also have a few books I can e-mail you if you send me the title.

Rhonda

Carolyn Cleary (rileygrf) | 16 comments You can add me at rileygrf@comcast.net

Mcw | 38 comments Added the new ones!!

Amanda | 29 comments I've added the most recent ones.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

unread topics | mark unread