Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > New cover

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erik Hyrkas (Erik_Hyrkas) | 7 comments I added a cover to Tritium Gambit and created a Goodreads edition to reflect it.

Would it be possible to have these editions combined?

Tritium Gambit
Tritium Gambit

I'd prefer the newer cover to be the one people see first (Tritium Gambit), if possible.

Thank you for your time!
Erik Hyrkas

Tntexas | 404 comments Editions combined.

Sadly there's no way for an author to choose which cover shows up in searches. That's decided by popular "vote". The good news, though, is that the new cover will become the one that shows up first as soon as more people have it on their shelves than the other.

Erik Hyrkas (Erik_Hyrkas) | 7 comments Gotcha!

Thanks for taking the time to combine the editions!

Sandra | 3252 comments All the covers are the same. Did someone change the original?

Erik Hyrkas (Erik_Hyrkas) | 7 comments The new cover is present on this edition:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

Tntexas combined the editions.

message 6: by rivka, Volunteer Mod (new)

rivka | 20818 comments Mod
Erik, you created a book with an ASIN in the ISBN spot. The one with it in the correct place already existed. I merged them.

Erik Hyrkas (Erik_Hyrkas) | 7 comments Oh, I see I made a mistake. I'm sorry. I'm still rather new.

Now the link to the new cover doesn't go anywhere. Will this correct itself over time? I don't care if we keep the old cover, but I'd like the new cover to be associated to the Kindle edition.

Here is what the new cover looks like:
http://erik-hyrkas.com/tritiumcoverrg...

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for your help!
Erik

Tntexas | 404 comments Erik wrote: "Oh, I see I made a mistake. I'm sorry. I'm still rather new.

Now the link to the new cover doesn't go anywhere. Will this correct itself over time? I don't care if we keep the old cover, but I'd like the new cover to be associated to the Kindle edition"

A new, alternate-cover entry has been created for the Kindle version. Could you check it out and see what other information you can provide for it? Thanks!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

Erik Hyrkas (Erik_Hyrkas) | 7 comments Perfect! Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion.

Erik Hyrkas (Erik_Hyrkas) | 7 comments I don't know if this matters, but it won't let me put the ASIN in because it is already in use. Other than the cover, nothing else about the book changed from the previous Kindle edition.

Tntexas | 404 comments Erik wrote: "I don't know if this matters, but it won't let me put the ASIN in because it is already in use. Other than the cover, nothing else about the book changed from the previous Kindle edition."

Yeah, ASINs, ISBNs, and ISBN-13s can only be used once so alternate-cover entries remain numberless with a librarian's note attached explaining what number it's an alternate-cover entry for.

Did you go ahead and add the other information?

Erik Hyrkas (Erik_Hyrkas) | 7 comments Yep. Thanks!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tritium Gambit (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Erik Hyrkas (other topics)