Christian Authors & Readers discussion

Writing > Introduction

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie Cave (JulieCave) | 2 comments Hi there, I'm new to this group. I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a Christian author of the Dinah Harris trilogy. You can find out more at my website, www.juliecave.com.
I'd love it if you could tell me about yourself and your books!

Thanks!

K. Chase (KVictoriaChase) | 3 comments Hi Julie! Welcome to the group. :)

Serial Games (Virginia Justice, #1) by K. Victoria Chase

Terrie Thorpe | 2 comments Hi Julie, I am new to this group as well. I've written two non fiction books about Christian living. I am excited about the response I've received so far. I also write romance fiction as well and I have a major WIP that I haven't had much time with while finishing up my second book. You can learn more at my website as well: www.authorterriethorpe.weebly.com I look forward to chatting with you.

C.L. | 10 comments Hi Everyone
I write a Christian Mystery Series called The Reboot Files. More fun than chills and thrills. I have three books so far with a fourth one on the way. Right now I have a blog www.coloringwithoutcrayons.blogspot.com.

Sundi (sundijo) | 3 comments Hey everyone! Julie Cave's book series is amazing - definitely a must read!

My first book will be out next April, called "Dear Dad, Did You Know I Was a Princess?" I'm very excited about the opportunity to share it with everyone.

Excited to be part of the group as well.

Robert Gilbert (rjagilbert) | 15 comments Hello, everyone. I am a hobby writer so far; I have two books available from Amazon.com for the Kindle.
Men of Renown by Robert J.A. Gilbert
Men of Renown is a historical fantasy set in the antediluvian empire of Atlantis, but it is also an exploration of the Created world prior to Noah's flood. It packs a powerful moral message based on the irony found in the last nine words of Genesis 6:4.

The Sarian's Sword (Tales of Vantoria book 1) by Robert J.A. Gilbert
I was originally inspired to create Tales of Vantoria as a Bible study or Sunday school curriculum for elementary and middle-school boys. It's so hard to get them interested in small-group studies at that age. They'd rather be home shooting monsters.

I designed my study to be a series of adventures where every two chapters was a lesson. In-class activities between the chapters would allow for students to become involved in the adventure while also studying the lesson's theme. Chapters end with cliff-hangers like the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew books--students would be encouraged to come back the next week to find out what happens next in the story.

Regardless of whether I ever get my Bible study put together, the Sarian's Sword is a good read as a book by itself. The next book in the series is coming out this summer or fall (whenever I get the time).

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 16 comments Hi all. I have two Christian novels:

Times of Trouble: an End Times novel
Thirty years in the future, the U.S. government has turned into a tyranny as the EPA and TSA grow with ever more power.

Brian, the main character, tells his story from first person point of view. His work with the FBI involves mostly cyber terrorism and actual cases of potential real world terrorism. Eventually, his wife gives birth to their third child, who has Down's Syndrome, which does not please the U.S. Health Administration because there are rules and regulations set-up in cases like these to prevent "genetic freaks" as they like to call them, from sucking up a lot of Health Admin money. Because the Atwoods are born again Christians, they never considered aborting the baby, so now the Health people have to take him away to deal with the problem later.

Meanwhile, the Secret Service decides to recruit Brian to be the personal agent of the President of the United States, David Collins, due to his great work involving a case that dealt with terrorism that would've involved Offutt Air Force Base. Brian's faith is tested every day as he deals with a man who has no morals from what Brian can see, and is tested even more when his wife finds out that she's dying from a fast growing form of breast cancer. Trouble in the rest of the world occurs as Iran attempts to nuke Israel, which fails spectacularly, so Israel takes care of the problem. This brings condemnation from everyone, including the U.S., which takes the side of Iran.

When the re-election of Collins doesn't turn out the way he wanted it, he and his people declare the election nullified because of supposed "irregularities" with the ballots. Collins claims that the new President-elect may take the seat sometime in the middle of next year, if everything looks to be sorted out. Collins purges his staff of what he considers unloyal people, including Brian. At the same time, he loses his wife, but regains the son he thought he had lost.

Brian moves back to his family home in Nebraska, where we follow what happens as the country slowly falls apart. Events play out as Brian and his family sees the End Times approach.

http://www.amazon.com/Times-Trouble-n...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/times...
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/times...

Times of Trial: an End Times novel
Second book in the series, a parallel novel to Times of Trouble.
A preacher and his family, the Tyler’s, have a church that is dying in Arizona. Even though the church is dying, they take care of the remaining senior saints, including the ones in nursing homes and in hospice. The remaining family, the White’s, leave the same church and head to Wyoming to live in a community that was originally started by Doomsday Preppers back in the early 2000′s so they can attempt to escape the increasing persecution of Christians.

Meanwhile, President Collins orders the activation of Camps across the country that will house believers who he thinks are a threat to his rule. His patron, Michael Collins, manipulates events in the Middle East. The Tyler’s end up with others in a camp in Arizona, while the White’s and the community they live in gets attacked by government troops. Evans continues to manipulate events as the Rapture takes the Christians, and he gains ultimate power.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00824G5UA
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/times...

Sundi (sundijo) | 3 comments Cliff wrote: "Hi all. I have two Christian novels:

Thirty years in the future, the U.S. government has turned into a tyranny as the EPA and TSA grow with ever more power.

B..."

Hey Cliff! Welcome to the group..

Stephanie (tweeti) | 3 comments Cliff wrote: "Hi all. I have two Christian novels:

B..."

Are these books in digital form??

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 16 comments They're in digital and paperback.

Stephanie (tweeti) | 3 comments Cliff wrote: "They're in digital and paperback."

Thanks, I'm getting a new kindle very soon. I'll look for them once I receive it.

message 12: by Cliff (last edited May 18, 2012 08:23PM) (new)

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 16 comments Cool! :D

Those links I provided are the ebook versions. I'm sure you know this, but you can download the Kindle for PC app and when you get your Kindle, you can transfer your books to your new Kindle from your account at Amazon.

Also, if anyone has an Apple with a Kindle app, these two are DRM free.

Jessiqua Wittman | 5 comments Looks like there's some interesting books on here! I'm a Christian post-apocalyptic fiction author, but I write about gritty, hard issues in my stories. Some people seem to think that Christian is synonymous with squeaky-clean, or rose tinted, but I think the Bible is anything but those things! :)
Anyway... I'm looking forward to checking out the stories on here!
Jessiqua Wittman
A Memoir of Love
A Memoir of Love (Memoirs of Life, #1) by Jessiqua Wittman

Stephanie (tweeti) | 3 comments Jessiqua wrote: "Looks like there's some interesting books on here! I'm a Christian post-apocalyptic fiction author, but I write about gritty, hard issues in my stories. Some people seem to think that Christian is ..."

Your book sounds really interesting. Where would I be able to get it? I enjoy the post apocolyptic christian books very much.

Jessiqua Wittman | 5 comments Thanks for your interest! You can find my book on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, lots of places. It's only available in e-book form for now, but even those without traditional e-readers can download it and read it on their computer several different ways. The links page on my website http://www.memoiroflife.com/ is fraught with buying and downloading options! :) You can also contact me on my blog if you need anymore help figuring the process out. http://www.memoirlifeblog.blogspot.com/

Jessiqua Wittman

Jessiqua Wittman | 5 comments Robert wrote:
"Men of Renown is a historical fantasy set in the antediluvian empir..."

This looks really interesting! I know a couple other people that might read it with me!

Jessiqua Wittman

Robert Gilbert (rjagilbert) | 15 comments I just want to announce that Men of Renown is now available in soft-cover form on Amazon.com.
Men of Renown by Robert J.A. Gilbert

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Serial Games (other topics)
Men of Renown (other topics)
The Sarian's Sword (other topics)
Times of Trouble (other topics)
Times of Trial (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jessiqua Wittman (other topics)