Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Ingram february import changing valid book titles.

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roberto (last edited Mar 20, 2012 10:48AM) (new)

Roberto (fridelain) | 17 comments ingram updated the book El Enigma del Cuatro = The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell
title: 'El Enigma del Cuatro' to 'El Enigma del Cuatro = The Rule of Four' (undo)
Feb 10, 2012 12:09pm (#30189766)
El Enigma del Cuatro = The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell
El Enigma del Cuatro = The Rule of Four
Is there a way to see which others got the same treatment?

message 2: by Mel (new)

Mel (Soireb) | 224 comments I know that this is not what you were after but I fixed the diacritics from the description. They were showing as symbols.

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (vnorthw) | 2420 comments There is no way to see which books were affected by this, we just have to fix them as we come across them.

As a side note, who ever thought "Spanish Title" = "English Title" was a good convention for title data? It drives me batty!

message 4: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 3715 comments ingram updated the book Best Amr Short Stories 84 Pa by John Updike

title: 'The Best American Short Stories 1984: Selected from U.S. and Canadian Magazines' to 'Best Amr Short Stories 84 Pa'

LAME !!!

Huh. I just noticed that "undo" button. Cool.

message 5: by Peter (new)

Peter (pete_C) | 388 comments Vicky wrote: "As a side note, who ever thought "Spanish Title" = "English Title" was a good convention for title data? It drives me batty! "

Makes me a little crazy, too, but it does help simplify things when combining editions.

message 6: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 3715 comments - ingram updated the book Civilization and Its Discontents by Sigmund Freud
title: 'Civilization and Its Discontents' to 'Civilization and Its Disco'

Really, ingram? Civilization and Its Disco???

BEYOND LAME!

message 7: by Peter (new)

Peter (pete_C) | 388 comments Disco = Discontents ?

Only if the music is really bad. ;)

message 8: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 3715 comments ingram updated the book title: 'The Knot Garden: Poems'

to 'The Knot Garden Knot Garden Knot Garden Knot Garden Knot Garden: Poems Poems Poems Poems Poems'

message 9: by Peter (last edited May 12, 2012 08:26PM) (new)

Peter (pete_C) | 388 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "ingram updated the book title: 'The Knot Garden: Poems'

to 'The Knot Garden Knot Garden Knot Garden Knot Garden Knot Garden: Poems Poems Poems Poems Poems' "

I hope you fixed that stutter. Does it bother you often? ;)

message 10: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 3715 comments It's crippling.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

El enigma del cuatro (other topics)