Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The War God's Own (War God, #2)
This topic is about The War God's Own
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
116 views
Book Issues > adding edition

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julia (Julia103) | 115 comments A few days ago I thought I had added the ebook edition, but it isn't showing up. The ISBN 0671878735 is the same as the paperback.

Can someone please add this, and let me know if you see something that I did wrong that stopped it from going through originally?

Here's a link to the publisher for the cover:
http://www.baenebooks.com/p-451-the-w...


Azh (azh_hikari) | 8 comments Julia wrote: "A few days ago I thought I had added the ebook edition, but it isn't showing up. The ISBN 0671878735 is the same as the paperback.

Can someone please add this, and let me know if you see someth..."


You mean this edition?
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...


message 3: by Alwyn (last edited Mar 20, 2012 04:56AM) (new)

Alwyn | 7 comments It was rightly added, but because you have no librarian status it was added as a new book and not a new edition (only librarians can add new editions). However, it's no problem at all, I've combine the editions and added the cover.


Julia (Julia103) | 115 comments Alwyn wrote: "It was rightly added, but because you have no librarian status it was added as a new book and not a new edition (only librarians can add new editions). However, it's no problem at all, I've combine..."

Thank you for the explanation. I had assumed that clicking on "add a new edition" from the Editions page of the existing book would automatically link what I added to that book. (As distinct from the "Manually add a book" link on the My Books page.)

For future reference, if I want to add an edition is it better for me to add it and then post here for a librarian to combine the editions? Or just to post here directly asking for a librarian to add the edition directly?


message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 21459 comments Mod
Julia wrote: "For future reference, if I want to add an edition is it better for me to add it and then post here for a librarian to combine the editions? Or just to post here directly asking for a librarian to add the edition directly?"

Either is fine. The "add new edition" link pre-populates some of the fields (title, author), but it still creates a new book that has to be combined. Unfortunately, since combining is a separate process, so it has to work that way.


Paula (Paulaan) | 4335 comments Either way works - may be quicker for you to add the book rather than type all the information here for some one else to add it and then just ask for a combine.

Your preference

Or you could become a librarian and just do the bits that you need


C. (WriterGuy) | 4 comments Sir Arthur Conan Doyle & Harry Houdini in The Adventure of the Spook House

I added 2 editions of this book, one published by Smashwords and the other Amazon Kindle. If you search the book by title, those editions pop up. However, if you click on the paperback version, or either of the other 2, it says other editions: none. Please change so instead of none the other 2 are listed. Also, please add the cover from the paperback to the 2 eBook editions. Thanks


Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 2212 comments #7 Done.


Lilian (Random_Girl_Here) | 0 comments I am trying to add a new book and if it says 'complete and unabridged' can I put that in the edition area?


message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Mar 18, 2014 07:29AM) (new)

rivka | 21459 comments Mod
Lilian wrote: "I am trying to add a new book and if it says 'complete and unabridged' can I put that in the edition area?"

Yes, although personally I would just put "unabridged".

It gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book or author is also used for other books, or for general policy questions. I am closing this thread. Start new ones for other books.


back to top
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread


Books mentioned in this topic

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle & Harry Houdini in The Adventure of the Spook House (other topics)