Effortless (Thoughtless, #2) Effortless discussion

Book 3!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 228) (228 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Alright, so I have just discovered that S.C. Stephens is writing a third book in the series!! OMG!!! Nothing on Goodreads yet but she's posting teasers on facebook.

I CANNOT WAIT for more Kellan!!!

message 2: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Mar 23, 2012 07:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog Lol ya she has been planning to for a while. It's going to be called Breathless from what I heard. But I didn't know she was posting teasers. I'll have to check them out!!! Is there a release date yet?

message 3: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ How did you know this and I didn't?? There's no title or release date details on facebook, and only a couple of teasers - here they are:

Teaser 1

“Kiera…can I come in?”

"Yeah..."

The door didn’t open right away and I frowned at the closed wood. After another pause, Kellan asked, “You‘re not gonna…throw anything at me, are you?”

Teaser 2

Kellan’s fingers paused on his track pants. Roused from my melancholy thoughts, I glanced up at his face; he was frowning. “Am I making a mistake?” he whispered, over the sound of the shower.

With no frame of reference, I wasn’t sure what he meant by that. Seeing my lost expression, Kellan clarified. “Making an album, going on tour…am I making a mistake?”

The room filled with steam as I hopped off of the counter. Kellan grabbed my hand when I stepped in front of him. “All I want is a quiet life with you. What I just signed up for…isn’t exactly a quiet life.”

Wondering how to comfort him, when I often thought the same thing, I reached up and ran my thumb over his cheek. “Kellan, your life will never be quiet, no matter what you do.” He chuckled at my reference, the confusion on his face lifting. I placed my hand on his chest and looked him square in the eye. “You belong on a stage. It’s what you were born to do.”

Aestas Book Blog Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee I can't wait!!!!!!!

I'm not sure where I found out. I think it was an interview on a blog somewhere. I've known for months... Since I first read the books. I had the idea it was always planned as a trilogy.

Thoughtless. Effortless. Breathless.

Pretty beautiful book names :)

Betsy Wow. That just made my day - I LOVED these books and I really wasn't ready to be done with Kellan and Kiera. Bring on the fairy tale ending - and I agree great titles! (:

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Thanks for sharing!

Hailey'  ♥ Glock,Paper,Scissors ♥ “You‘re not gonna…throw anything at me, are you?”

Makes you wonder what did kellan do this time :p
Must be pretty baddd, but i cnt tell if hes kidding
or being serious!:O

Margo OMG I just finished Effortless and now you guys are cheering me up that there gonna be a third book. THANK GOD because I can't get enough of Kellan :D

Erica Alyson Wooooo hooooo! As long as Keira and Kellan are together I will read it!

Bulma Books Really? Book 3 uh?

Becka Can't wait- I just hope Keira gets her crap together.

Karen **Mrs. Northman** OMG reading those teasers just made my whole day!! Bring on more Kellan ;)

message 13: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Becka - Loves Kinky F*ck3ry !!!! wrote: "Can't wait- I just hope Keira gets her crap together."

I agree! Don't think I could take any more stupid insecurity. If she can't deal with it, she should pass Kellan over to me!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha AJ, I think a lot of people share your sentiment. Sometimes I really wonder what Kellan sees in Kiera.

Aestas Book Blog wellllll her insecurity does have SOME basis. After all, he has slept with like half the known female world pre-her and he is in a line of work that puts temptation right in his face... I'm not saying she isn't a little annoying at times, its just that insecurities are kinda understandable...

Laura I knew there had to be another book from the way the last one ended! I can't wait!

message 17: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Rena wrote: "Haha AJ, I think a lot of people share your sentiment. Sometimes I really wonder what Kellan sees in Kiera."

That's an interesting thought Rena. I thought it was weird in the first book when Kellan was doing his big confession to Keira and he said that he started to fall in love with her when he saw her with Denny and he wanted what they had together because he'd never had a real relationship before. So had she been single, he wouldn't have been interested?

Krista Ashe Anyone wish that Book 3 would deal with Griffin and Anna and the baby? I hope at least a chunk is dedicated to that bc I don't know what else she can do with Kellan and Kiera, besides a baby.

message 19: by Tesa (last edited Apr 19, 2012 03:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tesa Definitely biding my time waiting for the 3rd book in this series. I can see a lot of potential conflict if this is covering them in LA and Keira following the band on tour (groupies, record execs, possible new wealth). And clearly, that Halle Berry look-alike is going to come up again. There's plenty to deal with when it comes to these two, not to mention the "will they or won't they" have a formal wedding (I hope they will). I think it goes without saying that Anna and Griffin will appear, and I can see Keira and Kellan being very involved with the baby when they are in Seattle.

I for one wish they would allow Denny to have his own story. I think he has been scarred enough to be an interesting hero all on his own, if Abby were no longer in the picture. And that way we could continue to get updates on K/K. Or why not a Douchebag series?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

AJ wrote: "Rena wrote: "Haha AJ, I think a lot of people share your sentiment. Sometimes I really wonder what Kellan sees in Kiera."

That's an interesting thought Rena. I thought it was weird in the first..."

AJ, now THAT'S an interesting thought. Now I think about it, he probably wouldn't have fallen in love with her. Because in reality, he originally fell in love with her love. It was Kiera's ability to love that he loved.

Krista Ashe I think even if she hadn't been dating Denny but living all as roommates, he would have fallen in love with her.It still goes back to her ability to love though. He wanted something that was real and stable because of his horrible childhood and then the crazy band life. I think he would have seen in her the nurturing side, her humor, her insecurities, her ambition. He's so used to having women throw themselves at him that he would have found that endearing and attractive about her.

message 22: by Tesa (last edited Apr 20, 2012 01:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tesa Rena wrote: "AJ wrote: "Rena wrote: "Haha AJ, I think a lot of people share your sentiment. Sometimes I really wonder what Kellan sees in Kiera."

That's an interesting thought Rena. I thought it was weird in ..."

In any other situation, red flags would go up all over the place if I heard a person say they essentially fell in love with a person because of how they were in a previous relationship. It initially just sounds all kinds of wrong, but it works in this book. It helps that K/K have a friendship: they talk and she's interested in knowing him and not afraid to express what she doesn't like. So I think he also falls in love with her for being curious and candid. What he sees of her with Denny is just her ability to go all in and give everything over to commitment. On some level, he understands that if she's cheating with him, when she's sacrificed so much to be with Denny, what she feels for him must be major.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

True AJ! And Krista, I like how you said that. It makes more sense to me what he sees in her.

But in the long run, I still don't really like Kiera. She just didn't spark anything in me. I read S.C.Stephens for the hero and for the quality of the relationship.

Margo I think that Kiera is a lost little girl who like Kellan want's to be loved and cared for. When Denny stopped giving her his full attention she had so much to give away. Kiera is high maintenance, not financially but emotionally. She want's to be loved with all her heart just like Kellan that's way they both create good couple. Yes she is a selfish and nagging and insecure little bitch sometimes but sometimes so is Kellan who thinks he's not good enough to be loved by anybody. That's way the story is so captivating. They all have faults, the aren't perfect and they have to grow up someday.

Well that's just my opinion.

Copper You stated the author posted things on FB what is the FB page so I can find it. I want to know when this third book becomes available. I finished the first and second book so quickly and I am already missing hearing about Kellan.

message 26: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ OK, here is S.C. Stephens' Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/SC-Ste...

Aaaaaand........ I found another teaser:

Matt opened his mouth to speak, but his loudmouth cousin beat him to it. “To fame, fortune, and scores of loose women!” Griffin downed his shot while the rest of us stared at him.

When Griffin smacked his empty glass on the table, Matt continued with his toast like nothing had happened. “To good friends and good music. May we always have both.”

Hmmm, no Kellan and nothing too spoilery there, but I'll take what I can get!

Aestas Book Blog i saw that one... I CANT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!!!!!!!

Copper Has anyone read any of the authors other books? I am looking for another book that is very similar to this?

message 29: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Apr 30, 2012 08:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog HLJ wrote: "Has anyone read any of the authors other books? I am looking for another book that is very similar to this?"

Try Love Unscripted (Love, #1) by Tina Reber and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire :)
They are usually in the "what to read next list"

The Conversion trilogy by SC Stephens is really good too... But paranormal. Vampire book

Copper I have downloaded Beautiful Disaster book I am going to read it and then I will check to the other. Thanks

Aestas Book Blog I hope you enjoy them :)

Copper I will let you know. Thank you for the recommendation.

message 33: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Aestas **aka Crazinneldy** wrote: "HLJ wrote: "Has anyone read any of the authors other books? I am looking for another book that is very similar to this?"

Try Love Unscripted (Love, #1) by Tina Reber and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire :)
They ..."

I second both of those books. Both are amazing!

Laura AJ wrote: "Aestas **aka Crazinneldy** wrote: "HLJ wrote: "Has anyone read any of the authors other books? I am looking for another book that is very similar to this?"

Try Love Unscripted (Love, #1) by Tina Reber and [b..."

Yes! I love those books too! Does anyone know when the second book of Love Unscripted will out??

message 35: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ I saw on another thread that's it's next week - 8th May. Not sure whether that's paperback or ebook but fingers crossed it's something, I'll take it any way I can get it!!!

message 36: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Not for a while yet, she's still writing it :(

message 37: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited May 02, 2012 07:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog really? then whats this i keep hearing about some/all of it being out? i heard something about a may (??) release date? was this just hallucination and wishful thinking? maybe i dreamed it? lol

i agree, ill read a frikkin hand written copy if thats all i can get, i just want a copy haahaha

message 38: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Hang on - Love Unrehearsed is out in May (I believe), but the release date of Book 3 of the Thoughtless / Effortless is unknown (I think).

Aestas Book Blog Ok whew I thought we were talking about Unrehearsed there for a sec!

Ya I know SC is still writing book 3. Im both excited and apprehensive. Book 2 ended on such a HEA that I'm a little scared that there may unnecessary drama just to spice things up. I hope their drama is something like a baby :) can u imagine kellan as a dad? *swoon*

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Daddy Kellan!

Kiera is all about unnecessary drama...

message 41: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ I don't think they'd do a baby, because they've already got that storyline going with Griffin. Not sure what she's going to throw at them, unless it will be more groupie stuff?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh noooo! Not more groupie stuff!

Annie Anyone can tell me when will this book come out?...this waiting is killin me!....lol

claire Rena wrote: "Haha AJ, I think a lot of people share your sentiment. Sometimes I really wonder what Kellan sees in Kiera."

That's an interesting thought Rena. I thought it was weird in the first book when Kellan was doing his big confession to Keira and he said that he started to fall in love with her when he saw her with Denny and he wanted what they had together because he'd never had a real relationship before. So had she been single, he wouldn't have been interested?

I always wondered this too. Not that it bothers me though, I love this story so much. Cannot wait for the 3rd one to come out. Though like everyone else I am not sure what could be instore for them other than wondering whether to settle down and groupie drama.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

He also has his new family! I'm sure they're going to play a role in it, right? He seemed to like his half-sister

Krista Ashe AJ wrote: "OK, here is S.C. Stephens' Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/SC-Ste...

Aaaaaand........ I found another teaser:

Matt opened his mouth to speak, but his loudmouth co..."

Okay, this teaser disappoints me bc of Griffin saying to scores of loose women...I'm hoping he's going to be true to Anna and the baby....I hope he's just having a moment of his former life!

message 47: by Sama (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sama OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OOHHH MMMYYY GGGOOODD!! I want this third book NOW!! type faster S.C. stephens!!

message 48: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy SC responded to my fb post,
S.C. Stephens Hello Amy! Welcome! I'm so glad you liked the series! In answer to your question on another post, I don't have a release date for TL3 yet. I'm hoping to have it done late this year, but it may not be available until early next year. :)
Cant believe she responded, she is so nice.

Leslie OMG....I am soooooooooo excited! I just finished reading Effortless (thanks to all you GR members for recommending it) & had no idea there would be more! I absolutely cannot wait til next one comes out! I am so in love Kellan.

message 50: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Maybe Kiera's book will be published and it will involve her 'groupies'.

« previous 1 3 4 5

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Effortless (other topics)
Love Unscripted (other topics)
Beautiful Disaster (other topics)
Backstage Pass (other topics)
Rock Hard (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

S.C. Stephens (other topics)