Cryptonomicon Cryptonomicon discussion

Andrew Loeb

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shelly Does anybody have a theory to explain his appearance at the end of the book?

Chris Ever out for what he considers to be morally correct, and equipped with his Luddite-appeasing bow-and-arrows, he hopes to exact what is essentially revenge (although he might see it as karma) on the protagonists.

message 3: by Pax (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pax Yeah, I was also surprised to see this showdown at the end.
I hadn't Andrew Loeb on my radar at all. He was mentioned two or three times in the middle of the book, but it had not the impression that he will be such a lethal threat, especially in the middle of nowhere in the Philippines.
Still don't really understand it.

Frank He kind of drops out of no where sadly, because everything else in the book is pretty well foreshadowed, and then it feels like they needed someone to die for some reason..

Bruce He is Ares.

message 6: by J (new) - rated it 2 stars

J Austill I like Bruce's theory (or is it based on the prequels?)

It really felt like the author just needed to complete that plot thread and this was the easiest way to do it. Andrew Loeb's character, up until that point, never seemed like the type for direct confrontation. Rather, he be more likely just to continue being a dick at every opportunity until he died of old age.

Shayne A fortune in hidden treasure does a great job in raising dick-ishness levels.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Cryptonomicon (other topics)