Wonder Wonder question

Precepts
J J Mar 18, 2012 03:23PM
What is your favorite precept to live by?

im still not fully sure what a precept is!

J Words to love by, important things that guide us along the way.
Mar 19, 2012 12:43PM

LOVED THIS BOOK.....wanted to start all over again, once I finished it. Should be required reading for 4th-5th graders.

just do it

I Loved this book!

I always liked "There, but for the grace of god, go I" I don't know but I think it means when you are feeling troubled, look around, and realize that your troubles are so less than so many others.. I don't know , but it makes me feel that I am being selfish stressing about petty things when I see someone who has overcome an abundance of obstacles that I may never have to face. It could be me. but it is not... Thats why I like this precept

Geraldine (last edited Sep 18, 2012 09:05PM ) Sep 18, 2012 09:04PM   0 votes
"Give people the benefit of the doubt." I like this because I think when ambiguous statements are made by others, we sometimes are quick to cast negative connotations. If we give people the benefit of the doubt we walk away with our own self esteem intact. Also if our interpretation is positive,that has the power to change the other person.

I thought that it was really cool how Auggie's teacher all assigned them to write summer precepts. Also, it was great that they added the kid's precepts at the end of the book! Awesome book!!!

I was created with two ears and one mouth so that I could listen twice as much as I talk.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Wonder (other topics)