Twilight Roleplay discussion

RP > To Group Members

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (new)

Lucy AveAtqueVale (AshesAveAtqueVale) Ok, here are a few things I am noticing that members are doing in the group. These things cause other members to be held up in their own storylines. Though we understand that everyone in the group wants to rp, these things also cause a lot of confusion among the members on how to proceed with their characters.

Common RP Issuses
1. One liners or posts with little to no details.
2. Bringing in characters that have no relation to the current threads plot.
3. Having your character in two places at once.
4. No general plot idea for new characters.
5. Having no reason other then wanting attention for a specific character for posting in any thread.
6. And, having no background information on other members characters.

Suggestions to Fix these Issues
1. Giving mor details in your posts so others can get a better idea where your character plot is leading. Members work hard on there character's plots, and we want the RP to be fun for everyone. :)
2. Reading the last couple of pages on a thread to see what has been going on so your character can enter and have a reason to be there.
3. Please do not have your character in two places at once. Though Twilight is a work of fiction, with unrealistice characters.. They still can't be in two places at once. So, if you want to RP with someone else, take yourself out of any other RP's before starting a new storyline.
4. Have an idea of what you want to happen with your Characters.
5. Please have a reason to make your character join a specific RP thread. What does your character want? How will you get then what they want? Etc.
6. And, having a general back ground on the characters you RPing with. If your make a change to your character, it would also be useful to everyone else in the group if they knew that as well.

Please take into consideration the things I have mentioned. Make RP fun for everyone involved. Because, it is difficult for other's to know what you want for your characters. Have fun, and enjoy! :)

message 2: by Daisy (new)

Daisy What about for having no background information: take the time to go look at the character profiles if you have questions about something. Some people actually spend time building up their past and don't want to
Re-write it six times because people are lazy.

UneasyHeartsWeighTheMost | 1693 comments What if I don't feel like waiting hours for the person I was roleplaying with to come back when I can just go rp with my other friend? -_-

message 4: by Daisy (new)

Daisy UneasyHeartsWeighTheMost wrote: "What if I don't feel like waiting hours for the person I was roleplaying with to come back when I can just go rp with my other friend? -_-"

It's ruins the suspension of disbelief in the roleplay and confuses everyone. It's also not fair to the person you were roleplaying with.

UneasyHeartsWeighTheMost | 1693 comments Ummmm not really to me I guess but it's just whatever. -_- They should understan that I was bored while they were away. Like now.

message 6: by Lucy (new)

Lucy AveAtqueVale (AshesAveAtqueVale) Then, when your bored you leave the area and rp somewhere else. It makes no sense to have your character in two places at once, when it is physically impossible.

message 7: by Daisy (new)

Daisy A) it still ruins the suspension of disbelief
B) it still kicks the other character out of the roleplay as long as they want to follow the rules.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

May I just say that the reason groups have unlimited charries is so that you can post anywhere whenever you want, and then you don't have to paradox because you have another charrie.

UneasyHeartsWeighTheMost | 1693 comments Jesus does it everyday lmao.

A)Ummm okay?
B) Eeeh.

But it's whatever.

message 10: by Lucy (new)

Lucy AveAtqueVale (AshesAveAtqueVale) Ok, look. This RP isn't about Jesus. It's about Twilight. I understand you want to RP. And, are bored and impatient and you don't want to wait for someone else to respond. So, my suggetion to you is to take your character where you can rp with someone that you want to RP with and stop trying to incite an big argument. RP is supposed to be fun, not stressful. So, chill.

UneasyHeartsWeighTheMost | 1693 comments Cool story.

message 12: by Lucy (new)

Lucy AveAtqueVale (AshesAveAtqueVale) Sorry but your not going to 'Troll' in this group. Grow up, ok.

UneasyHeartsWeighTheMost | 1693 comments Dont worry, I'm a big kid now.

Michelle Herondale | 392 comments Mod
To everybody:
I am currently making a new group. It is based on the Mortal instrument series, and the Infernal Devices. It will be an Infernal Devices RP. If you would like to be a mod, and help me out.... then please send me a message.

Michelle Herondale | 392 comments Mod
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...

Just made it... I still needs some work, but we can start to RP! :p

unread topics | mark unread