Addicted to YA discussion

Any Questions? > Do you know this book?

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 2 comments There was an old YA book from about 15 years back that I just loved as a kid.

It's dystopian and people have a hard time having kids, computers run the government and they are thinking of starting a new war. Children are taken from their homes once a month to see if they want to be adopted by another family and leave their own.

This one teenage boy gets sent to a red headed lady who keeps a ton of kids in a castle but before he can escape the computers start the war. His mom leaves for space, pregnant, and his dad stays behind to help any survivors in the new world after the war. The boy gets put into hypersleep in the castle. I don't really remember the ending.

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (NatalieCrown) | 9 comments I don't know it :/

I read a book...a series I think...it must have been 12 or so years ago now. I remember loving it but I got it out from the library and never had a copy of my own. Now, all I can remember about it is that the heroine's name was Shar. I have a vague memory of a scene where the villain made herself look like Shar's dead mother and tricked her...which was all very sad. I also remember that Shar's eyes were part of the cover. But that's all.

Anyone?

message 3: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 1 comments I don't know either of those, but I have one of my own haha. I tried Googling people named Shar. Got nothing :(

I am looking for a YA book that I read in 2003-2004. The book was based in around 10th-12th century Scotland (It could have been even earlier than that). The book starts off with the main character having a toothache. Her sister tells her to bite on cloves. Something happens, and the girl's sister is accused of witch craft. The girl sets off on an adventure with a lord's son. The boy has a cleft pallet. The boy wants to marry the girl, but she tells him he is much too young for her. They meet up with a body guard of sorts. The girl and the body guard end up together at the end.
I do not remember the name of this book, and I cannot find it anywhere! If anyone here knows what I'm talking about, I would love to read the book again. Thanks for any help!

message 4: by Anna (last edited May 09, 2013 04:12AM) (new)

Anna | 336 comments Did you know there is a group called 'What's the name of that book?'

message 5: by Korra (new)

Korra  (KorraMoura) | 24 comments The first book - Is Iron King

unread topics | mark unread