The Next Best Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Revive a Dead Thread > Your Latest Splurge

Comments (showing 151-200 of 9,856) (9856 new)    post a comment »

message 151: by Charity (new)

Charity (bigbookslut) | 1845 comments Absolutely. The biggest obstacle is the way the book is written...with next to no punctuation, run on sentences, and dialogue embedded in the text. However, the story completely engages you and you are able to accept/overlook these 'quirks' very quickly. There are a lot of excellent discussion topics in Blindness. You will never be bored.

P.S. There is a movie in the works. I believe it is due out sometime next year.

message 152: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 8683 comments Mod
Lorena, you cant go wrong with Blindness as a book selection.... there are endless things to discuss... Without giving much away, it sheds alot of light on Saramagos feelings towards government and socitey as a whole. I would love to hear what you think of it, once you read it.

I went to salvation army today (i try to pop in there once a week now) and was pleased to see that their book shelves are getting full... however, seems like the only books people in my area read are romance or steven king or grishman novels - haa haa.... I picked up Im Looking Through You by Jennifer Finney Boylan. I read an article of hers online somewhere and her experience with the haunted house she grew up in gave me chills.... So i bought this hoping it would be just as well written.

message 153: by Kirsty (last edited Apr 29, 2008 11:01AM) (new)

Kirsty (kirstybooks) | 618 comments hmmm... so I just got back from a weekend away, and went a little crazy... i got 4 books from Waterstones and 2 from Borders... lol, it would be ok if I didn't already have at least 5 waiting to be read!

I got...

Tell it to the Skies by Erica James
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (decided I'm gonna give her a try...)
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Before I Die by Jenny Downham
Jennifer: The Biography (Jennifer Aniston) by Sean Smith.

So I got lots to be goin on with... plus this months reads!! Will prob only get around to one of the two... I definitely want to read The Abstinence Teacher

message 154: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (rivera_bookjunkie) Wow Kirsty, those are some great splurges. I've heard some great stuff about the books that you bought. Happy reading.

message 155: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstybooks) | 618 comments All of them are from my to-read list that I carry in my bag (doesn't at all match my GR to-read list lol!). They were on that list due to good reviews in magazines or recommendations from friends, so now that you've said you also heard good things about them, I can't wait to get started on them. Problem is I got a ton of library books to read first!! Sometimes I just can't help myself! lol

message 156: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) That is why I haven't been to the library in a while, I either neglect the books I've bought or worse I end up keeping the library books way longer than intended!

message 157: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) | 1129 comments I have the same problem, Lorena. I don't allow myself near a library for fear of ending up with hundreds of dollars in fines.

message 158: by Katie (new)

Katie (HockeyGoddess) | 257 comments Hi everyone! So a bunch of you have asked about my score from my Borders invasion the other day, so I wanted to share my spoils...and yes, it was put on plastic but I did get most of them on either a bargain rack, 40% off, or B1G1 50% off...and I had a $25 giftcard! (I figured I knew exactly what to do with a big chunk of that stimulus check *LOL*) I'm sure many of them are things a lot of you would never read or have never heard of, but I'm a crazy girl, so there it is. Sorry in advance for the long post!

So here's what I got...
Thanks for the Memories, Mr. President by Helen Thomas (I'm mildly obsessed with the Kennedys)
The 2548 Best Things Anybody Ever Said by Robert Byrnes
The Best Poems of the English Language by Harold Bloom
Blood Price by Tanya Huff
James Herriot's Dog Stories by James Herriot
Good Dog. Stay by Anna Quindlen
The Secret of Lost Things by Sheridan Hay
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch (and NO, it's not because Oprah said to read it!)
Sunday at Tiffany's by James Patterson
Running in Heels by Anna Maxted (I've been searching for this one for a while now!)
My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson
Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison
Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
Andy Roddick Beat Me With a Frying Pan by Todd Gallagher
The Boys of Winter by Wayne Coffey
They Don't Play Hockey in Heaven by Ken Baker
Never Give Up by Tedi Bruschi (Tedi is THE man!)
100 Things Red Sox Fans Should Know and Do Before They Die by Nick Cafardo
Now I Can Die in Peace by Bill Simmons
Reversing the Curse: Inside the 2004 Boston Red Sox by Dan Shaughnessy
Big Papi:My Story of Big Dreams and Big Hits by David Ortiz (I LOVE Big Papi!!)
Red Sox Rule: A Season in the Life of a Manager by Michael Holley
Dynasty: The Inside Story of How the Red Sox Became a Baseball Powerhouse by Tony Massarotti
Not Till the Fat Lady Sings: Boston's Most Dramatic Sports Finishes Boston Globe
So Good! The Incredible Championship Season of the 2007 Red Sox by Boston Globe
Finally! Red Sox Are The Champions After 86 Years by Boston Globe
The Inner Game of Tennis by W. Timothy Gallwey (more for my Dad than for me!)

Phew! Is anyone else tired? I'm exhausted just typing them all (plus I had to lug them up to my third floor apartment!) I was after a couple others too that they either didn't have or I gave up trying to find. So needless to say, I'm going to be a VERY busy girl for the rest of my life! *LOL*

message 159: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Wowee, that's a lot of books, looks like you definitely got your money's worth!! And I'm guessing you may like Red Sox just a tiny little bit :-)

message 160: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Katie, out of all those that you posted, Ive only read Anna Maxted's Running In Heels... I liked her alot when I was going thru my chick lit phase. I better hide this site from my hubby.. if he knew i was conversing with a Red Soxs fan, he'd kill me -- haa haa.... You sure like baseball, dont you?

message 161: by Jen (new)

Jen -only4lightn (only4lightn) I went to Books-A-Million and picked up:

Happiness Sold Seperately by Lolly Winston. I've been eyeing this book for months and BAM had it in the clearance section for $8. THEN I saw that they were selling old books from a library sale and had it for $3!

Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot.

Notes From the Underbelly by Risa Green.

I was surprised that I got out with 3 books and only spent $27! That is a cheap excursion for me. Of course, I have almost 80 books at home that I haven't read yet... I really should stop buying new books and read the ones I've got.

message 162: by Kirsty (last edited Apr 30, 2008 06:53AM) (new)

Kirsty (kirstybooks) | 618 comments I hear ya... I now have a small mountain of books that I own (or have out on loan from the library) waiting to be read, yet I still went out and bought the 6 books I mentioned in my previous post... I can't help it, I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go into a bookstore...

message 163: by Jo (new)

Jo (BloominChick) picked up "loving frank" by nancy horan wk before last @ target (and on sale!). what an amazing book!

message 164: by Charity (last edited Apr 30, 2008 06:34PM) (new)

Charity (bigbookslut) | 1845 comments This may not count as a 'splurge' since I didn't spend any money, but I did have a mini library spree today. (Remember: hubby said NO BUYING BOOKS UNTIL AFTER WE MOVE. We all decided he was mean.) :-)

I picked up:

* Ballad of the Whiskey Robber by Julian Rubinstein (Whoo hoo!)
* Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris (would love to hear your input on this, Lori, since I know you've read it)
* The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri (wanted to read this for some time now)
and
* Submarine by Joe Dunthorne...which was an 'impulse borrow' (if there is such a thing) because I saw it on my way to 'check out' in the current pubs and thought the cover looked great. I know you should 'never judge a book by its cover' (although...good covers DO help), but this cover art is really sweet. It is a debut book, so I don't know how it will turn out, but the premise sounded interesting and I figured it was worth the gamble (being that I wasn't actually spending any money on it...maybe my hubby isn't a big, mean dummy afterall?).

So...ALL that and The Abstinence Teacher should keep me busy for the next couple of weeks.

Oh. And I did get some new picture books for my son because we desperately needed new life in the bedtime story area. :-)

message 165: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (rivera_bookjunkie) Unlike you Charity I was the one that had to put a stop to purchasing books. It was literally draining the budget. So the library is my splurge now. Every time I go I end up taking out sooo many books. But since I'm a slow reader I rarely get to read all of them and find myself returning them unread only to take them out again. hahahaha!

message 166: by Lucia (new)

Lucia (countingpulses) | 4 comments It's strange, considering how I'm recovering financially from a month-long backpacking trip around UK and mainland Europe, coming back with absolutely no cash or credit available on my plastics, that I manage to scrounge up money to buy books almost every time I head out. So, during April, here's a list of all the books I bought.

Gene Wolfe - Pirate Freedom
John Grisham - The Appeal (A gift from a friend)
Gene Wolfe - Soldier Of Sidon
Gene Wolfe - Storeys From The Old Hotel
J. R. R. Tolkien - The Silmarillion
Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman - Good Omens
Gene Wolfe - Starwater Strains
Neil Gaiman - The Dangerous Alphabet

My goal for the month of May is to not buy any books. We'll have to see how that goes, considering it's only the first of May and there's already a ton of books that I want to read.

message 167: by Mona (new)

Mona | 52 comments Thanks to all who gave me some suggestions on friendship stories...

I was able to purchase Truth and Beauty by Ann Patchett. Very good so far.

I also picked up Best of Friends by Sara James and Ginger Mauney.

I am also hoping to grab Water for Elephants when I go to the library.

Thanks everyone! :)

message 168: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) May 1, 2008
I'm driving away from my in-laws house, I just left my girls there and on my way to meet my husband, we are going on a date! I'm listening to music in the car, nice and quiet, nice grown up music!!! ... Oh wow a Barnes and Noble, I didn't know there was one there, hmmmm, I have a couple of minutes to spear, don't I? Yeah, if I keep driving I'll be early and then in a bad mood because I had to wait, I don't want to be in a bad mood on our date, I'll just stop for 10-15 minutes tops and then out the door, I have to get "Balad of the Whiskey Robber" and "the abstinence teacher" anyway.
That's it just pick up those two books and head out! Well, I can pick three books can't I? I was going to get three books anyway. Oh look! the 50% table, just a quick look, maybe there will be something there, OH!!!! Look at this Arabian Nights, the complete set and is hard bound, Oh I'll regret not getting this, what kind of mother doesn't have this on her library?! OK, now to the books I need, I wonder if Logan's selection is a true story, do I go to Biographi... OH look at that! Franz Kafka's short stories ... and look it has metamorphosis in it too, I have to get this one too, I love Kafka, Can you believe this? Is Paulo Coelho's Devil and Mrs Prym! Ana said it was so good, and who knows if I'll ever find it at 30% off again.
Shoot the phone! Hey Honey, no I just stop for a second, but I'm on my way ... no maybe 15 minutes away, see you there. Oh, I better go pay now, or I'll be late, Oh MY, Aloha-ha-ha! the Junie B Jones book my Gabi is missing!!! I have to get that for her, oh, but then I have to pick something for Bella too, well that puppy pop-up-book looks cute. Wow, $103, no everything was great, sure I'll see you soon, Thanks!
Back in my car, nice grown up music ... What did just happened?

message 169: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Lorena, that was great!! I can totally see myself doing that :-)

message 170: by Katie (new)

Katie (HockeyGoddess) | 257 comments Kathy -- In all my typing fury from my Borders raid (I accidentally closed the box when I was three-quarters of the way through my list the first time and had to start over), I totally forgot that you had asked about the 14 library books I have out right now. While my shopping spree at least had a couple themes (sports, mostly Red Sox; chic lit; dogs; and a couple by favorite authors), my library stuff is totally all over the map. Here's what I've got from the good 'ol, sometimes frustrating, but free library:

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (April group read here!)
The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory
Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeffrey Lindsay (recommended to me by Lori)
Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz (rec. by Lori)
For One More Day by Mitch Albom
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (rec. by folks here on GR)
Echo Burning by Lee Child (rec. by Mandy)
Ash Wednesday by Ethan Hawke (rec. by someone on GR)
The Other Boleyn Girl by P. Gregory (April group read...I'd been wanting to read it before the movie came out, but this gave me the kick I needed to actually go find it!)
The Witch of Portobello by Paul Coelho (I had hoped this would be a May group read, but it still looks really good so I got it anyway when the hold came through!)
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig

We'll see how many I get to! I have almost no time to read, so this list really is too much for me, but I just can't help myself! Maybe if I fall down the stairs again like today, I'll get laid up with nothing to do but read them all! *L*

message 171: by Mandy (new)

Mandy That's a lot of books, Katie! How long does your library let you loan them for? Good luck getting through them, they all sound fantastic, there's heaps on there I want to read so I'll be looking forward to see what you think of them.

message 172: by Charity (new)

Charity (bigbookslut) | 1845 comments Oh Lorena...

"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?"

— Henry Ward Beecher

"In the shop window you have promptly identified the cover with the title you were looking for. Following this visual trail, you have forced your way through the shop past the thick barricade of Books You Haven't Read, which are frowning at you from the tables and shelves, trying to cow you...And thus you pass the outer girdle of ramparts, but then you are attacked by the infantry of Books That If You Had More Than one life You Would Certainly Also Read But Unfortunately Your Days Are Numbered. With a rapid maneuver you bypass them and move into the phalanxes of the Books You Mean To Read But There Are Others You Must Read First, the Books Too Expensive Now And You'll Wait Till They're Remaindered, the Books ditto When They Come Out in Paperback, Books You Can Borrow From Somebody, Books That Everybody's Read So It's As If You Had Read Them, Too."

— Italo Calvino (If on a Winter's Night a Traveler)

message 173: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) | 1129 comments That Beecher quote has to be one of the most correct statements that I have ever read. I think I just found a new favorite quote.

message 174: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) Thank you all for your kind support, I was starting to feel like the kid in the "curious incident of the dog in the nighttime" ... What puzzles me still is the fact that I still have to go back to get the books for our month's selection! LOL

message 175: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Ha Ha Lorena...
If I walk into a bookstore, and dont have a list, i usually walk out with two or three books that caught my eye, and then once i am on my way home, I remember, oh crap, I went there SPECIFICALLY to buy such-n-such novel and I didnt even get it! haa haa Guess I owe myself another trip to the bookstore!

message 176: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) Lori, I had a list! Our selection's for this month's reads. My husband who lovingly took the bag from my car upon our arrival home, says "Oh sweety, you got the books you were looking for, that's great!"
I just looked at him, with the blank stare you know? He's such a sweeetheart, he just gave me a hug. He knows!!!!
Well, I will give it another try today ... LOL

message 177: by Jen (new)

Jen | 278 comments Charity - Feel free to report your "splurges" at the library. I'm not supposed to be buying books either...but...

I received purchased from Amazon:
Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle
Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates
The Gravedigger's Daughter by Joyce Carol Oates

...and then I went to a book fair today and walked with:
Ahab's Wife by Sena Jeter Naslund
We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates
The Moor's Last Sigh by Salman Rushdie
The Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway
Straight Man by Richard Russo
The Shipping News by E Annie Proulx
The Best of Roald Dahl
For One More Day by Mitch Albom (Thanks, Mandy!)
The Zahir by Paulo Coelho
Good Harbor by Anita Diamant
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
The Secret History by Donna Tart
The Cider House Rules by John Irving

Most of the books from the book fair were $1.00. I'm telling you, it was like heaven!

message 178: by Mona (new)

Mona | 52 comments Now that's a good day at the fair! :) I read Good Harbor by Anita Diamant and The Zahir by Paulo Coehlo (my favorite!). Both were very good! Enjoy!

message 179: by Jen (new)

Jen | 278 comments Thanks, Mona!
Charity - I love the quote and except.
And Logan - Your new photo deserves, no, I'd say requires a story. I love it!

message 180: by Lucia (new)

Lucia (countingpulses) | 4 comments Jen,

Let us know what you think of "The Best Of Roald Dahl." It's been over a decade since I've read Roald Dahl :( If you also find that John Irving is worth a different read after "The Cider House Rules," I want to recommend "A Prayer For Owen Meany" if you haven't already read it yet. :)

Happy reading.

message 181: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Oh goodness, I have a problem. So I just got back from the shops and have purchased three books, I justified it as they're my fav authors but anyone who's addicted to anything can justify their actions, at least to themselves anyway.

So I got:

People of the Book - Geraldine Brooks
Sunday at Tiffany's - James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet
The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom

Also got my little sis The Boyfriend by R.L. Stine - when I was her age I read all those books.

Now I have to try and make a promise to myself, no more shopping for books this month. I have an order from Amazon coming in as well and there's about 10 books there so it really has to stop. In the last week I think I've bought about 20 - a problem I think so.

Anyway, I can't wait to read them all, wish I could read them all at once!!

message 182: by Magpie67 (new)

Magpie67 | 33 comments Tomorrow I plan on picking up the next three books in Nancy Martin's Blackbird sisters series:

Cross Your Heart and Hope To Die
Have Your Cake and Kill Him Too
Crazy Little Thing Called Death

I want to ordered on line with my gift card:

Goodnight Irene
Sweet Dreams, Irene
Dear Irene
--all by Jan Burke

I WISH I could read them all at once too Mandy!!!

Picked up from the library:
Fresh Disasters by Stuart Woods
Stone Angel by Carol O'Connell
Angel Flight by Michael Connelly
Nine by Jan Burke

message 183: by Charity (new)

Charity (bigbookslut) | 1845 comments Wow, Jen. Joyce Carol Oates and John Irving. Were we separated at birth?? :-)

message 184: by Charity (new)

Charity (bigbookslut) | 1845 comments P.S. The rest of your splurge list is amazing, too! So many that I have read or wanted to read for some time now.

message 185: by Renata (new)

Renata | 67 comments Just got my latest splurge from Amazon:

Gentlemen of the Road, Michael Chabon - haven't read anything by him

Attachment, Isabel Fonseca - she is Martin Amis' wife and I really like him

Child 44, Tom Rob Smith - this is the one I really want to read right now since I grew up in the Soviet Union. Abstinence Teacher will have to wait until later this month.

message 186: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) Okay, I went to Borders today, just because I needed to get our month's selections, and you guys would be so proud of me, I was focused on my task and got:

Ballad of the Whiskey Robber,
Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen (BOGO 1/2 off)
The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho (BOGO 1/2 off)
Junnie B Jones Party Animal (for Gabi)
Junnie B Jones One Man Band (for Gabi)
Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg (for Bella)

message 187: by Mona (new)

Mona | 52 comments Oh! The Alchemist is my favorite book! You will love it, if you haven't read it yet! I am going to try and read Water for Elephants too... it's on my to-read list! I have a Bella too!!! :) Great name! :)

message 188: by Lorena (last edited May 03, 2008 04:37PM) (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) Thanks Mona, these are all new books to explore for me ... My Gabi chose her sister's name, I am so glad she didn't name her "Zepo" or something LOL

message 189: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Oh My God... you guys are making me ITCH.... I havent been on a good book splurge in months.. I have been trying so hard to be good, and i have like 6 unread novels on my shelf, and thats the most i have ever had.. so im trying really really hard to not buy new ones...

then Borders sends me an email that I have a 5.00 rewards thingy, and everyone here has bought like a million books, and I dont think i can hold much longer!!

I am so envious of all of you!

message 190: by Lorena (last edited May 04, 2008 04:05PM) (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) Lori, I have a "system" of sorts, I don't buy any books until I am down to two in my to-read shelf at home, then I go out and buy some of the ones on my wish list, no more than 10 (only the ones that would fit the fore-mentioned shelf), and then I wait until I'm down to two again.
It works ... most of the time ... Ok some times! LOL

message 191: by Jen (new)

Jen | 278 comments Lori and Lorena - You have all of my respect. I tend to buy, buy, buy and only read one for every five I've purchased. We live in an old house so storage is non-existent. I have taken to purchasing plastic bins, filling them with books and sliding them under my bed.

Lucia - Thanks for the Owen Meany recommendation. I have had it on my list for a while but haven't read it yet. The Roald Dahl book is a compilation of several short stories he wrote for adults. I had no idea he even wrote for adults - shows you what I know.

Charity - I have five Joyce Carol Oates books and haven't read one yet. How bad is that? I keep buying them because the plots sound wonderful. Do you have a favorite from the following?
The Falls
We Were the Mulvaneys
Missing Mom
Blonde
The Gravedigger's Daughter

I'm just not sure which one to read first.

message 192: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lorena.. I used to have a system. i would buy no more than three at a time, and only when i was just starting to read my last novel....

But lately, i swing into the salvation army store by me once or twice a week, and i may walk out with one or two that were less than a buck each.. how can i say no to that? So for the last two weeks, I have sworn I wouldnt step foot in a store that sold books...

But Im growing weak. I have to take my car to the shop tomorrow, around the corner from the car place is Borders. So I know i will leave a little early and pop in to spend my earned rewards... ugh! I hate losing my self control!!!

message 193: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) | 1129 comments But the books thank you for your lack of control, or at least mine do.

message 194: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Don't I know it!!!! And so do the bookstores that sell them and the authors who wrote them... haa haa haa

message 195: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) See I wouldn't have a problem buying books more often if I had more time to read, but having all those un-read books in my bedroom shelf makes me feel so guilty, specially the ones that get repeatedely (sp?) pushed back because I found something more exciting. They hunt me from the shelf ... maybe I should cut down on sleeping to read more ... ha ha ha

message 196: by Brittany (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:34AM) (new)

Brittany | 4 comments I couldn't wait the two months to read New moon so I bought that one and the third one too.

message 197: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 711 comments I stand in awe of all of you and your amazing discipline! I don't even want to admit to how many unread books I have-it's terrible! In my defense I do order a lot of book from paperback swap and I tend to buy a bunch of used books at library sales for $.25 each but still, I have a problem!

I went to Borders on Saturday and bought 4 Roal Dahl books for my nephew's first communion-Boy, Matilda, James and the Giant Peach and BFG. For myself I bought The Count of Monte Cristo (for the Rory Gilmore book club's summer book-God, it's huge!) and I bought Ballad of the Whiskey Robber. I had intended to buy myself something else (again, back to my clear addition!) but I didn't realize that my husband had taken the stroller out of my trunk and my 22 month old was running wild and free and having the time of his life, much to everyone's dismay! I grabbed the books, scooped him up and got out of there in less than 15 minutes. Maybe I should do that all the time, at least it would help with my spending!

message 198: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (CelesteLueck) | 91 comments I need to find my local Books Anonymous group. My to-read bookcase is full to overflowing and I can't seem to stop buying. It doesn't help that I work in a bookstore and that you guys are always recommending such interesting book i.e. The Ballad of the Whiskey Robber. Anyway, my latest splurge included:
The Ballad of the Whiskey Robber
Shadow Thieves
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing
Thirsty
Keys to the Kingdom: 1st book
Black Tattoo

See what I mean? I need help.

message 199: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

remember how i said i was going to the car dealer today, and knew i would leave a little early to swing into Borders.

Guilty! Guilty! Guilty....

I saw sooo many books i wanted, but i only bought one. My newest additon to my unread book pile is Invitation To A Beheading.... I cant wait to finish 20,000 Leagues tonite so i can start it. Yee hee

message 200: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) Lori, are you going to read Ballad or Abstinence? I bought Ballad because it sounded interesting (and Abstinence was $25, a no-no, even for my lack of restrain) ...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Living Dead in Dallas (other topics)
House of Leaves (other topics)
Bliss (other topics)
The Devouring (other topics)
Living Dead Girl (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Audrey Niffenegger (other topics)
Stephenie Meyer (other topics)
Diane Setterfield (other topics)