The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) The Girl Who Played with Fire question

Need Name of Good Legal Thriller Novels
Alex Husty Alex Mar 15, 2012 01:32AM
I am a Big FAN of John Grisham and I have read all his novels. In that context, I would like people to suggest me some good leagal thrillers involving tense courtroom drama...

Thanks in Advance..........

John Lescroat writes a couple of series that are legal thrillers and set in San Francisco.

Try Phillip Margolin, The 'Frank and Amanda Jaffe' series. It's a father/daughter lawyer series (I know, it sounds corny, but it's actually great.) My personal favorite is 'Fugitive' although it's a rather recent one. His style is a bit more relaxed than Grishams, and he spreads the plot equally, by in the courtroom and out, and there are some crazy twists and turns. Oh, and there's no real need to read the series in order, which makes life easier.

I loved the Anatomy of a Murder by Robert Traver. It was written in the 50's but has that timeless quality to it.

Michael Connelly's books about Mickey Haller are great. In order, they are The Lincoln Lawyer, The Brass Verdict, The Reversal and The Fifth Witness. Very exciting.

Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow is a nice read. its been adapted to a movie as well.

Alex Husty I have read that book. It was a nice read and I could hardly speculate that sort of ending. Thanx for ur comment.......
Mar 25, 2012 12:42AM

I loved Defending Jacob...a terrific Courtroom Thriller.

Old City Hall by Rotenberg is a good read. It is a police investigation and court room drama novel. If you like Law & Order, you will like this as well as it has a similar vibe.

the quiet game- this is actually the first in a series, all very good

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43...

damaged- and this one is about a lawyer- not exactly a "legal thriller," I don't think...but still very good! there's a 2nd but I haven't read it.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/76...

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Girl Who Played with Fire (other topics)
The Lincoln Lawyer (other topics)
The Fifth Witness (other topics)
The Reversal (other topics)
The Brass Verdict (other topics)