readers advisory for all discussion

so ask already!!! > brian evenson

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brian | 10 comments i have heard the name Brian Evenson a lot. he seems to have a blurb on every book i've enjoyed over the last few years. but i've never read anything by him. what book should i start with?

message 2: by karen, future RA queen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 1252 comments Mod
oh, man! i'm sorry - i never saw this post!!!

i have only read Dark Property, but i really liked it. very dark post-apoc novel. his last few books were kind of dark mormon horror- type stuff. sadly, i own nearly all of his books, including the geeky sci-fi stuff, but have only read dark property.

i was planning to read immobility next week, though...

Greg | 113 comments I only read The Open Curtain, which I think is a little different from his usual books. That one is a novel about his own experiences growing up as a Mormon. I really liked it, but I think it's quite a bit different from his usual fare. I wouldn't recommend reading the Aliens novels he writes under his penname B. K. Evenson, unless you really like Aliens and want to read more stories that take place in that universe.

message 4: by karen, future RA queen (new)

okay, so i just read Immobility and i can definitely vouch for its quality. a true literary page-turner.

Brian | 10 comments the one book my library claimed it had turned missing. this will take a while.

message 6: by karen, future RA queen (new)

oh, no! which one was it?

Brian | 10 comments fugue state

Brian | 10 comments i'm going to do an interlibrary loan, but it's gonna have to be down on the list. just wondering if it was worth it.

message 9: by karen, future RA queen (new)

hmmm those are stories, right... it looks like some people i trust here on goodreads have really like it. i say - go for it...if you can get it haha

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dark Property (other topics)
The Open Curtain (other topics)
Immobility (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Brian Evenson (other topics)