Literary Exploration discussion

General > Thank you!

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Veljko (_VxF_) | 52 comments Well, I just figured a big 'THANK YOU' was in order. I have not been part of this book club for long and my participating has been constrained by life (I finally got my PhD!) - nevertheless, I feel like I have truly enjoyed my time here. Mostly, the choice of books has been eclectic in the best sense of the word. I have read books I would have never touched, such as 'Three Bags Full', and, more often than not, I have been very pleasantly surprised. There is no better present than a good book-tip and, in that regards, this place is wonderful.

So I hope I am not over-stepping my boundaries by posting here a big 'thank you' to our Modern Prometheus, Knowledge Lost, for the club he has created. Knowledge Lost, I am really loving your blog as well - thanks for taking us along your journey.

And to Kim, obviously, thanks as well. Not sure what the roles are, but he seems to be doing a lot here - aside from constantly pushing us by showing us that, no matter how much we read, someone reads more.

And thanks to everyone else who is reading, voting, discussing. I have gotten a lot from all of you and I hope I can give at least a little back.

Time to go back to my paper for a couple of hours, then '1Q84' before bed - I just started, but I am really getting into it.

message 2: by Kim, In Absentia (new)

Kim (shirezu) | 589 comments Mod
Congratulations on your PhD :D I'm very glad you're enjoying it here and liking the selection of books.

I'm not exactly sure what my role around here is either but I'm happy to keep pushing everyone to read :P

KL really got a good thing going when he started this place and I have to thank him for getting me to join GR. Though now I spend far too much time on here...

message 3: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) | 1151 comments Mod
Thanks, I really couldn't of done it without the help of Kim and my lovely wife Mary. We don't really have set roles here but Kim is great at pushing people the get involved and Mary is always my support. But it really isn't the moderators that make this group great, it's the people we have involved. We have read some very interesting books because of this group and the has been the goal all along.

message 4: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (new)

Also Kim, what would you be doing at work if it wasn't goodreads?

message 5: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (new)

Also should I change my mod title to "Mod Prometheus"?

unread topics | mark unread