Janet Evanovich Book Group discussion

Love in a Nutshell (Culhane Family #1)
This topic is about Love in a Nutshell
Janet fan stuff > Is anyone else reading this one?

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa (jcscreads) I just started and I can't put it down! Anyone else reading this one? What are your thoughts?

Magpie67 | 78 comments Not yet... waiting for my copy. :o) just ordered it.

Lisa (jcscreads) Lisa wrote: "I just started and I can't put it down! Anyone else reading this one? What are your thoughts?"

I would reserve a day just to read it! I can't put it down!!

Magpie67 | 78 comments Sweet!!!!!!! Can't wait then.... ;o)

message 5: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole | 199 comments Mod
I need to get this book!

message 6: by Taylor (last edited May 01, 2012 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Taylor Do you want to borrow it from me? It's a really good book!

Elena This was a fun read but it had so many "plot holes" that i'm not really sure whether they were left on purpose or by accident (how can that even happen?!):

- who pays a random inexperienced stranger $20,000 for finding out who keeps breaking into/vandalizing a bar!? no police/security/cameras/alarms?

- who moves in with a man, yet allows a DOG to stop them from being "intimate" at least 5 times throughout the book. So, apart from a little kissing, they are unable to "get it on" because of a tiny poodle?!?!?! And both are ok with this - this is not even discussed?! The guy is ok with the girl living with him, acting like his girlfriend, but them not actually being a couple?!

- After 40 years, her parents' cottage still has a $200,000 mortgage on it that noone was paying off and is now facing foreclosure?!?!?!?! After 40 years of having a home they paid zero off?! Really?!

- she apparently loves her dog so much, yet "the judge" made her give it to her husband - even though this same husband is the one who cheated on her and left her... Since she took him to court, realistically would she not have gotten the house, car, dog, AND allimony?! That was very unrealistic - the court system in the States is very "woman-oriented", especially if she was cheated on by a well off husband!

What do you guys think?

Duffy  (McDuff) Elena wrote: "This was a fun read but it had so many "plot holes" that i'm not really sure whether they were left on purpose or by accident (how can that even happen?!):

- who pays a random inexperienced strang..."

You hit all my bullet points! I only gave this 2 stars ...

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnaenden) | 6 comments I had gotten this book from my local library twice and still was unable to read it...I guess its just not my cup of tea. Guess I will pass on this one and not worry about finishing it.

Samantha (YoungMama22) I just started reading this book, can't wait to see how it plays out.

message 11: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby | 2 comments What book was this talking about?

Elena Abby wrote: "What book was this talking about?"

Love in a Nutshell

unread topics | mark unread