What Shall I Read? discussion

Good Omens
This topic is about Good Omens
Getting Books > Book Club 1: Good Omens

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lynsey Dalladay (lynseydalladay) | 68 comments Mod
Welcome to the the first ever Transworld book club! The first 25 people to comment on the below thread will recieve a copy of Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman - to celebrate it's inclusion in World Book Night.

If you've already read Good Omens, tell us what you loved about it, why you didn't like it, if you like the cover and any other salient points you want to mention!

Nikki-ann (nixy) | 23 comments I'd love a copy!

"According to the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter — the world's only totally reliable guide to the future — the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday, in fact. Just after tea..." <-- Gotta love a synopsis like that! :)

Crusader (CrusaderZA) | 9 comments I've been meaning to read this for ages now. Just haven't managed to get to it yet.

Teresa (LovelyTreez) | 29 comments I'd love a copy to review - I love Neil Gaiman but have never quite got on with Pratchett so this could be the one to turn me! ;-)

Lindsay (Little Reader Library) (thelittlereaderlibrary) | 25 comments I love the synopsis Nikki-ann! Sounds a great read.

Jo at Jaffareadstoo (Joatjaffareadstoo) | 44 comments I'd love a copy to read and review - I love Neil Gaiman and always wanted to get round to reading Terry Pratchett. Good Omens sounds fascinating !

Thanks !!

Chris Parfitt (Chris_P_Bacon) | 14 comments I would love a copy please. Love Terry Pratchett's books so this would be right up my street I am sure.

Natalie I read this a year or so ago, after a friend raved about it, but I wasn't overly keen, I got very confused and didn't really get it, not sure why, as everything about it suggested it was right up my street! I've since read another 2 Pratchetts, and loved 1, but wasn't overly bothered with the other, although I will get stuck in to more when I can! I haven't yet read any other Gaiman, but have a couple on the shelves, I have seen the film of Stardust though, and adore it!!

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) | 192 comments I think I have a copy here, will check as soon as I can x

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) | 10 comments I would love a copy please!

Sarah Broadhurst (sbroadhurst) | 1 comments i would love a copy please

UKDana | 1 comments Haven't read this but very interested having read "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman

Jenwhiz | 1 comments i love Good Omens. it is seriously one of my favorite books of all time. i can't even say Good Omens without giggling.

Dan (aka Utterbiblio) (utterbiblio) | 5 comments I'd love a copy if possible. I only got halfway through it some years ago and have always wanted to return!

Simon (SavidgeReads) | 2 comments Oooh go on then, let me make Gav Reads happy by reading this! I have been told it is brilliant.

message 16: by Chris (last edited Mar 15, 2012 07:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chris Parfitt (Chris_P_Bacon) | 14 comments Lynsey,
The book arrived today!
Thank you very much.
Fantastic service.
Regards
Chris

message 17: by Teresa (last edited Mar 15, 2012 06:13AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Teresa (LovelyTreez) | 29 comments Thank you for my copy too, Lynsey, which landed safe and sound today. Will read it after the next 2 I have lined up..so many books so little time etc.. :-)

Lindsay (Little Reader Library) (thelittlereaderlibrary) | 25 comments Thanks from me too Lynsey, arrived so fast!

Will send out more books! Message me if you think I dont have your address.

Rosemary I would love to have a copy of this. I have read a couple of books by both of the authors and enjoyed them. Will send my address.

Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie) (Hades2) | 3 comments I would love to have a copy if there are still any left. I read this in my teens and loved it. I would love to re-live some of the Pratchett magic :D Many thanks.

Jenny - Chocolate Chunky Munkie

Julie (JooleeS) | 5 comments Hi, I don't usually read this type of book but am willing to try anything once! so if there's any left I would appreciate a copy too.

Michelle | 1 comments I have just started reading his books so am super excited to get involved with this and read along!

Julie (JooleeS) | 5 comments Lynsey, just received my book thank you.

Brilliant! Let me know what you think...

Jirinka (sony08) (sony08) | 10 comments Thank you for my book Lynsey - arrived yesterday!

Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie) (Hades2) | 3 comments Thank you so much Lynsey, the book arrived :)

I shall think of some good group discussions on Good Omens!

Brenda Steele | 6 comments I would love a copy of this book if I'm not too late!

Nikki-ann (nixy) | 23 comments Thanks to Lynsey for sending out copies of Good Omens... I absolutely loved it!

If anyone is interested then my review can be found at http://notesoflife.co.uk/2012/03/good... and of course here on GoodReads.

Kim (MunchKim) | 8 comments I've only just seen this, it sounds like an interesting read, are there any copies left?

Crusader (CrusaderZA) | 9 comments Thanks Lynsey, just received my copy today!

Pls message me if you still need a book - there's a few copies left.

message 34: by Cariad70 (last edited Apr 03, 2012 07:54AM) (new)

Cariad70 | 7 comments I would love to review this book for you if there are any left? x

Kim (MunchKim) | 8 comments Thanks for my book Lynsey, I started it last night, I've not read either author before but I'm enjoying what I've read so far :-)

Jo at Jaffareadstoo (Joatjaffareadstoo) | 44 comments Thanks for sending this book to me Lynsey. I started it over the weekend and after a spell of reading some quite "heavy" review books, Good Omens was like a ray of sunshine. I laughed out loud so many times - it's completely irreverent in places, but I loved it.

Ashley | 1 comments If I'm not too late, I'd love a copy of Good Omens! I just started reading a library copy and love it. It would be a great addition to my personal collection that I can share with others.

unread topics | mark unread