Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children discussion

THE MOVIE!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 120) (120 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by *~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* (last edited Jul 21, 2012 11:01PM) (new) - added it

*~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* I heard that somebody bought the movie rights for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine #1) by Ransom Riggs!!! Who do you think should play the main characters, put your answers here

Jacob:
Emma:
Miss Peregrine:
Abraham:
Olive:
Millard: (Or rather the voice of Millard)
Enoch:
Claire:
Jacob's Father:
Jacob's Mother:
Other:

To watch the trailer, click here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWrNyV...
Proof of movie: http://www.reelz.com/movie/291138/mis...
Or: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935859/

Silvermoon Jacob: Jamie Campbell Bower or Josh Hutcherson
Emma: Emma Watson or Saoirse Ronan
Miss Peregrine: Meryl Streep or Maggie Smith
Abraham: (young)Jamie Campbell Bower (old)Christopher Plummer
Olive: Emma Ryane Lyle or if you want to make the character older Abigail Breslin or Chloe Moretz
Millard: Dominic Scott Kay
Enoch: Ryan Ochoa
Claire: Mia Talerico
Jacob's Father: Colin Firth
Jacob's Mother: idk, some one annoying lol

Amanda idk but i hope they don't mess this movie up because the book was amazing!!!!!! tim burton is directing so its gonna be good. . .

Nasra Awesome there's gonna be a movie? I hope they do a good job and it doesn't turn out to be another version of Eragon or Percy Jackson

Silvermoon I didn't read Eragon but i did see that movie and it totally turned me off from ever wanting to read the book. Was I wrong to make that assumption? Should I give the book a shot?

Nasra Yes you were completely wrong to make that assumption, the movie is a joke. The book is a million times better, they ruined the entire plot as well as the details in the movie. Percy Jackson all over again.

Celeste Biersack Book trailer, not movie!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935859/ haha proved you wrong! Will be SCARY though!

Robyn Amanda - Where did you see that Tim Burton will do it? That was obviously Danny Elfman doing the music in the video, but I was wondering if you knew for sure that it was him? That would be fantastic!

message 10: by Thea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thea im NOT SURE.. BUT OMG IT WILL BE A MOVIE!!!!!??!?!?

Kathleen I just read the book earlier this week and Loved it. I hope they dont destroy the movie. I agree Eragon the movie is not the same as the book. The book was so much better, which is usually the case.

Bexter I won't choose any actors for this movie because I'm hoping they choose all unknown artists. When they choose someone already famous, it's sometimes hard to look past his or her fame and get into the story itself. This story deserves the audience's full attention!

Jessica yeah! i can't wait to see it! I LOVE THE PECULIAR CHILDREN!

message 14: by Thea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thea IKR, ITS SO GOOD.. BUT KINDA CREEPY!

Lauren Kennedy Jacob: Josh Hutcherson
Emma: Saoirse Ronan
Miss Peregrine: Emma Thompson

Not really sure about the other characters... But I know for sure that if there is a movie Emma Thompson HAS to play Miss Peregrine no matter what. When reading it she reminded me sooo much of Nanny McPhee and Emma Thompson played her in the movie.

Deborah Lawson CAN NOT WAIT! WATCHED THE TRAILER AND LOVED IT. when is the release date? i think that johnny depp should play the granfather, ik he's young but he can play that kinda part perfectly, as for the others i don't think it matters as long as they stick to the book.

PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•* Amanda wrote: "idk but i hope they don't mess this movie up because the book was amazing!!!!!! tim burton is directing so its gonna be good. . ."

OMG if Tim Burton directed this it would be very spooky and awesome!

message 18: by Fran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fran As I was reading it, I thought this could make a great movie!

*~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* Thea wrote: "im NOT SURE.. BUT OMG IT WILL BE A MOVIE!!!!!??!?!?"

yes it will

message 20: by Bev (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bev The trailer is the 'book trailer' done by the author of the book. He had done other ' book trailers' for other books.

Amanda im so excited for this book to become a movie! does anybody know who is directing it or anything?

Ivana I really hope they use authentic actors. One thing that irritated me throughout the book was the children using Americanisms. I don't usually support screenwriter's changes but it would be nice if we could have less of the American-thinks-it-sounds-like-a-british-person-because-he's-dropped-the-odd-H-but-still-uses-words-we-don't. I loved the book but I honestly expected one of the British children to say "faucet".

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Jacob's mother: Elizabeth Banks even tho shes not annoying!

message 24: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha I haven't got that far into the book, but Ian Nelson would make a good Jacob.

message 25: by Thea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thea hes good lookin :D

Tamara Helena Bonham-Carter as Miss Peregrine? It is Tim Burton, after all...

message 27: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Lol

message 28: by Lily (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lily K Tamara wrote: "Helena Bonham-Carter as Miss Peregrine? It is Tim Burton, after all..."

nah shes too all over the place and weird... i could see the lady who played mcgonagall in HP as her.

*~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* Bev wrote: "The trailer is the 'book trailer' done by the author of the book. He had done other ' book trailers' for other books."

Yes, but they ARE making a movie. Thats the book trailer, wanna see the proof of the movie?

Peter Boysen Jacob: the kid who played Charlie Bucket in the Johnny Depp Willy Wonka film.
Emma: Emma Watson
Abraham: (old) Nick Nolte
Olive: Abigail Breslin
Millard: (Or rather the voice of Millard) Hank Azaria
Enoch: not sure
Claire: not sure
Jacob's Father: Vincent D'Onofrio
Jacob's Mother: Kim Basinger (check out The Door in the Floor to see why)
Other:

Jaime Brooks would love a movie!!

Katrina I can't wait for the movie and I really loved the book. I just hope they cast suitable actors and actresses just like the hunger games.

Marylar where can i see the trailer??

Susana Duffy Tamara wrote: "Helena Bonham-Carter as Miss Peregrine? It is Tim Burton, after all..."

Yes!!!

Brittany Jacob: Josh Hutcherson
Emma: Chloe Moretz
I dont know about the rest

Angila Awsome, I just went to youtube and watched the trailor and in my opinion it is going to be a great movie. I really enjoyed the book.

Angila Marylar wrote: "where can i see the trailer??"

Youtube has a trailor.

Camille White OMG!!! ARE THEY MAKING A MOVIE?! I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT MY "YAKOB" LOOKS LIKE!!!

Kelly When does the movie come out?

Camille White i have no idea! i didnt even know they were making one!

Camille White Lauren wrote: "Jacob: Josh Hutcherson
Emma: Saoirse Ronan

Not really sure about the other characters... But I know for sure that if there is a movie Emma..."

nope sorry! mcgonagoll has to play peregreen ( proffesor mcgonagoll fom HP)

Camille White oops sorry... "peregrine"

message 43: by Hope (last edited Jul 17, 2012 06:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hope Jacob:Josh Hutcherson
Emma:Charlie Ray or Georgie Henley
Miss Peregrine:Maggie Smith
Abraham:(young)Dominic Scott Kay (old) Christopher Plummer
Olive:Emma Ryane Lyle
Millard:idk
Enoch:Ryan Ochoa
Claire:idk
Jacob's Father:Colin Firth
Jacob's Mother:Elizabeth Banks

message 44: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane Jacob: Skandar Keynes
Emma: Dakota Fanning
Miss Peregrine: Michelle Pfeiffer

message 45: by Naomi (new) - added it

Naomi Bucsa this book was the best book i have ever read in my entire life !! someone please tell when the movie will be coming out cause im going crazy !!! oh and is there part 2 of the book cause if there is i gotta read it :)

Rochelle Amanda wrote: "idk but i hope they don't mess this movie up because the book was amazing!!!!!! tim burton is directing so its gonna be good. . ."

I hope so, bc Tim Burton directed Dark Shadows, and it disappointed me. The potential for quirky humor was there and he was not able to work with the cast to bring it out.

*~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* Eeryone thinks JoshHutcherson should be Jacob.

Erica How exciting!

BookWrm88 I heard this too! The book is creepy and would definitely make a great movie.

Michelle I agree that the actors should be English except of course for Jacob. Jacob is American. Born and raised in Florida. So while I think Freddie Highmore would be amazing, he's not American. I'm not sure who could play him. Josh Hutcherson wouldn't be bad but I think someone else would be better.

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (other topics)