Requiem (Delirium, #3) Requiem discussion

JULIAN OR ALEX

Comments (showing 1-50 of 780) (780 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm really curious what people think after reading pandemonium. If you guys fell in love with julian or if you had alrady given your heart to alex in the first book. I rather liked that Lena could move on after Alex and fall in love again. so I think I see it as a step back in her growth as a character to return to him. I don't know if I'm making any sense at all. So, tell me what you think.

Kayla Gallup I love both Alex and Julian, but I think I am leaning on her to end up with Julian...so team Julian (I feel like I am cheating on Alex by saying that), but I may change my mind when I go read Requiem.

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah She needs to end up with Alex or I will hate this series. It seemed like Lena and Julian were both just starved for love. Julian seemed like he had been wiring for it and would be okay with loving anyone. And Lena just seemed like she wanted an excuse to love someone again after Alex. Alex and Lena's relationship was so much deeper than Lena's relationship with Julian. They barely know each other, plus Alex was willing to give his life for Lena. And Julian is kind of annoying and creepy in my opinion.

Jennifer I am very curious to see what happens. I, too, loved Alex in the first book, but time has passed. Lena is a completely changed character, and possibly Alex is too. Julian has only known the new Lena. Alex only knows the old Lena. I think a lot depends on how the new Alex and Lena respond to each other now and how patient Julian is in the meantime... The jury is totally out!

BOL DE SOUPE Personnaly (Excuse for my mistakes, i'm french :) ). . .
I expected since the ending of Delirium. It was evident that we will (would ? Oo) see again Alex in the second book. But, this love triangle. . . Was evident too, unhappily. . . So, I think the third volume will be a little bit like Pocanhontas (I haven't better comparison cx), Lena is completed changed like said it Jennifer and Alex love a other Lena, the old Lena. Even if Julian et Alex are differents, I think that Lena will choose Julian because he jibe perfectly with the new Lena, and not Alex.
But, itLs right that we can't know really, Lauren Oliver could us surprise ;)

Melissa I have to pick Alex, I just fell in love with Lena and Alex being together in the first book and always hoped that he wasn't really dead and would somehow find her. Julian is okay but I just don't think he is the right fit for her. Alex was willing to give up his life so she could be free and live...I just think that's a kind of love that can't be eradicated simply because a new guy comes into your life, I don't think Lena really loves Julian I think she just wanted so badly to feel that kind of love again that she was willing to try again with Julian..but now I don't know it's crazy and I really don't want to wait this long to find out but who knows what Lauren Oliver has decided for the next book, we shall see.

message 7: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin If Lena chooses Julian, this trilogy will no longer be in my favorite list, and I will totally forget about this books. Like seriously, maybe you think I'm crazy but I'm sorry, Alex was first and somehow, he stole my heart. For me, he will always be the one for Lena. He's basically the reason I fell in love with Delirium. Unfortunately, I believe Lena will end up with Julian and if not, she won't end up with Alex again either. My reasons? First, Lauren Oliver LOVES tragic endings, if you read Before I Fall you'll notice that. Second, Lena and Alex have changed, the same way Lena isn't the girl Alex fell in love with anymore, Alex isn't the guy Lena fell in love with anymore. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong (which I really hope so!!!) and Lena and Alex will in fact, be together again. I think Julian is a wonderful character, but I just can't picture him with Lena. If Julian dies, I won't be happy dancing, but I won't be sorry either because that means that there's still a chance for Alex (this option should actually be considered, in Pandemonium it was mentioned that Julian had brain cancer so maybe it's a hint). I don't know whatever Lauren Oliver is going to do, but I trust that she won't disappoint us.

Hannah Alex,Alex,Alex,Alex,Alex <3!!!!!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
I LOVE YOU ALEX!!!!!

Lindsay Carpenter She needs to be with Alex. All through the second book, I kept telling myself, "No, they're not going to pull the typical love triangle thing. Don't do it." I kept telling myself Lena would stay true to Alex. Then, bam! Julian. I know it's not realistic to think a girl with ever end up with her first love, but this book is not reality. Please, let Lena and Alex be together. I'm all for all the angst you need to get us there, but they need to end up with each other in the end.

message 10: by Kelsey (new) - added it

Kelsey I personally like Julian and Lena. In Pandemonium, you can't blame her for falling for Julian. She thought Alex was dead and she also said something about being with Julian felt better than when she was with Alex(or something like that)and at the end, what Alex said made him sound like a b****.

message 11: by Teresa (new)

Teresa I fell in love with Julian too, so I really hope she ends up with him. In the first book at least IMHO, Alex felt more like he could be a really good friend or a brother. There just wasn't the same Chemistry or mad attraction, like there was with Julian. There was also more time spent getting to know the two characters, so it just seems more natural that Lena and Julian end up together.

message 12: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Teresa wrote: "I fell in love with Julian too, so I really hope she ends up with him. In the first book at least IMHO, Alex felt more like he could be a really good friend or a brother. There just wasn't the same..."

But...having to wait until February 2013??? That is just plain torture.

message 13: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela After reading the first book my heart was broken when Alex didnt make it over the fence with Lena! I was really upset for days and i felt like i had lost someone lol. I was so upset in the second one when Julian appeared. I knew she was going to fall in love with him but i had a hunch that Alex was still alive.

I told my husband "If Alex doesnt show up by the end of this book im not reading the third one" And lucky enough he shows up! Not till the end tho. And by that time i had started to like Julian. But i want Lena with Alex. He is the reason she even knows what love is. And im all for first loves!

message 14: by Clary (last edited Apr 20, 2012 10:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Clary Salamanca If Lena ends up with Julian I will never suggest this trilogy to anyone and probably it will end up collecting dust on my shelf :'(

Tahlia Lena will defiantly end up with Alex.
Normally in almost every love triangle the character that has to chose between the other two - in this case Lena - choses the first one she or he meets, which is Alex.
But Lauren Oliver has made thing tricky and VERY awkward :P
At the end of pandemonium on the very last page Alex finds Lena and Julian together and understandably is really pissed off (that is the obvious reason for Alex's eyes being hard and stony). So now Alex hates Lena for cheating on him even though she thought he was dead, and the warning Alex gave Julian: "Don't believe her." may possibly leave Julian in doubt whether he will be forever her's and he may create distance from Lena. So Lena has to work her ass off trying to get them both back.
This is going to be very interesting ;) but I am positive Lena will end up with Alex at the end.

message 16: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily I really want Lena to end up with Alex, but then again, I want Julian to be happy! Truthfully the fact that Lena tried to move on after she assumed Alex was dead kind of pissed me off! I mean seriously! She said she loved him!!! But, still I feel like Julian is too immature for her. Alex just seems like the guy that she really needs and he has gone through a lot for her, while Lena has only done things for Julian ,not the other way around. Though, I want Julian to be happy because it seems really mean of Lena to tell Julian that they will be together forever and then totally ditch him for Alex! In this way I kind of want Lena to stick with Julian. I mean she like totally brought Julian into a new place where he doesn't know how to do anything or even live, so she really can't just leave him to fend for himself! Idk, but I do feel like Lena betrayed Alex so he may not even want her back even though she wants him. So, I guess I have reasons for both Lena to go with both boys... GO TEAM ALEX/JULIAN!!! Lol, idk

message 17: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri I know, I know...she will probably end up with Alex, but I really still am hoping for Julian.

message 18: by Jill (new)

Jill Alex all the way! I'm sorry but I will be so annoyed if she ends up with Julian! I probably won't read them again if she doesn't end up with Alex. As soon as I read book 1 delirium, I was telling all my friends about it. After reading book 2, I started to get a bit worried about who Lena ends up with, because if she doesn't end up with Alex I'll be moaning to my friends for weeks about it. And the trilogy will be ruined for me.
ALEX all the way. <3

Hannah oh yeah Jill same here :)
I LOVE YOU ALEX!!!!

message 20: by Yana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yana ALEEEEEEX. Delirium made me fall in love with Alex. He died to set her free. What more can you ask for in a guy? My heart was shattered into pieces when it ended with him soaked in his own blood.

But at the same time, HE WAS A HUGE JERK IN PANDEMONIUM. Seriously. She thought you were dead. You can't expect her to mope and mourn for you her entire life. You're the one who taught her to be a fighter.

I don't think it would be so bad if Julian ends up with Lena. Alex will always have a place in her heart. He taught her the meaning of true love. You never really forget your first love but people change. Lena changed and Alex changed too. I'm torn between Alex and Julian. I don't really know which one of them I want Lena to end up with. I believe that will change as the story progresses in Requiem.

message 21: by Allie (new)

Allie This is the first time there's been a love triangle where I actually don't know who I want to "win the girl". I'm leaning towards Julian but I think that might be because he's the one I most recently read about and I've forgotten some things about Delirium and Alex.

Michaela Honestly if Lena ends up with Julian this series will be ruined for me. Delirium was a beautiful book, all about finding and fighting for love against all odds. It easily became my favorite book.

Pandemonium was even really great at the begining. I love how Lena went to the wilds and joined the resistance...how she grew and discovered this new world. But then Julian came in and frigged everything up. I was so mad at Lauren for doing that, tainting such an amazing love story with a love triangle. And I really don't believe in a world WITHOUT LOVE that she could fall that easily for another person.

What the hell Lauren Oliver.

I'm holding out for Requiem though, and I hope, hope, HOPE that Lena and Alex work things out. So I'm obvi rooting for Alex.

Hannah Oh man I soooo agree with Michaela and Elizabeth!!! you guys are sooo spot on about everything Juilan just screwed up the whole thing as soon as she ment him i was like "Oh no, she better not end up liking him." but sure enough she did. UGH!!!!
I LOVE YOU ALEX!!!! <3

message 24: by Anne (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anne I think people are reading too deep in the whole 'Alex is pissed off' thing. I seriously think that the reason he looked different and 'cold' would be because he spent roughly 2-3 months in the crypts and they obviously tortured him or even if they didnt torture him the crypts were a living hell. So ya I think that he's pissed off at Lena at being with Julian but I think it's more to the fact that he's changed... but what do I know? LOL anywase totally off topic rant there but I hope she chooses Alex even though I do love Julian

Ifrah Alia It had been a while since I read Delirium so when reading Pandemonium I was completely open to a new romance and Julian. I liked Pandemonium so much more than Delirium and that's probably why I was really rooting for Julian, even though I'd spoiled the book for myself a little by reading reviews and finding out that Alex was alive. Still, when I read the ending and Alex makes his grand entrance saying "Don't believe her" I was in shock and totally torn between Alex and Julian.
Up until that point I was all for Lena and Julian and their happily ever after but now that Alex is back in the picture I am so confused can't choose.

message 26: by Allie (new)

Allie Ipya wrote: "It had been a while since I read Delirium so when reading Pandemonium I was completely open to a new romance and Julian. I liked Pandemonium so much more than Delirium and that's probably why I was..."

That's exactly what happened to me.

Hannah Anne wrote: "I think people are reading too deep in the whole 'Alex is pissed off' thing. I seriously think that the reason he looked different and 'cold' would be because he spent roughly 2-3 months in the cry..."
Yeah I agree because I mean I don't think I would look very good at all if I spent that much time in the Crypts.

message 28: by Emily (last edited May 12, 2012 11:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily I love Alex and he is my favorite literary guy (that's saying a lot considering how many books I read). I don't really like Julian. Sure he's sweet and nice but he was once for the cure (son of the DFA leader),and that kind of turns me off. He's kind of a weak character, and Lena has to take care of him. Alex was very strong and brave and willing to risk his life so Lena could be free in the Wilds. Julian and Lena's romance was kind of sudden and rushed, as opposed to Alex and Lena's. Alex made her feel beautiful and made her see that she isn't just ordinary. She's extraordinary. I think Julian, however, just wants to experience love and Lena wants to get over Alex. But that's how I feel. There's gonna be a love triangle goin down in Requiem!

Emily Anne wrote: "I think people are reading too deep in the whole 'Alex is pissed off' thing. I seriously think that the reason he looked different and 'cold' would be because he spent roughly 2-3 months in the cry..."

I totally agree.

Michaela Anne wrote: "I think people are reading too deep in the whole 'Alex is pissed off' thing. I seriously think that the reason he looked different and 'cold' would be because he spent roughly 2-3 months in the cry..."

I totally agree with that. I actually don't think he's that mad. He didn't even see them kissing. I'm going with the 'Don't believe her...because I'm here and she's MINE' thing.

message 31: by Anne (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anne Michaela wrote: "Anne wrote: "I think people are reading too deep in the whole 'Alex is pissed off' thing. I seriously think that the reason he looked different and 'cold' would be because he spent roughly 2-3 mont..."

HALLELUJAH! People agree with me LOL, but ya I'm going to go along with the theory you said and just be oblivious even if he is 'colder' now, i just can't seem to bring myself to hate Alex.

message 32: by Abby (new)

Abby Okay, people. I'm getting really pissed off reading all this "I love Alex!! Lena needs to end up with him!!" I love Alex too, but he's probably gone! It's a different Alex and a different Lena, too!! This Lena belongs with Julian and if you can't see that, I'm sorry. I am extremely passionate about this trilogy and nothing can change my mind. Julian, Julian, Julian.

message 33: by Whitney (new) - added it

Whitney When I read the first book I was Team Alex all the way, when I found out that he was dead, I started annoying my cousins and saying "Hes dead, he can't be dead" and I was so depressed I felt like crying. When I read the second book and found out that Alex wasn't actually dead, I was so happy. Julian is nice and all but Lena and Alex has a way better love story. Can't wait for the third book.

message 34: by Allie (new)

Allie I like Alex, and I think I need to re-read Delirium in order to have a fair mind about it. However, I like the idea that Lena is able to move on after Alex's death. People rarely spend the rest of their lives with their first love. But the idea that either guys would get hurt breaks my heart!

Chloe (Girl In The Woods Reviews) I LOVE Alex. I don't really like Julian (no offense for the people who do) but it's true, Lena HAS to go back with Alex. They are so much better together! :D

Hannah Chloe wrote: "I LOVE Alex. I don't really like Julian (no offense for the people who do) but it's true, Lena HAS to go back with Alex. They are so much better together! :D"

OMIGOSH Chloe I feel the exact same way! <3 Alex Is AWESOME!!!!

message 37: by Chloe (Girl In The Woods Reviews) (last edited May 21, 2012 01:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chloe (Girl In The Woods Reviews) Hannah wrote: "Chloe wrote: "I LOVE Alex. I don't really like Julian (no offense for the people who do) but it's true, Lena HAS to go back with Alex. They are so much better together! :D"

OMIGOSH Chloe I feel th..."

I know right? Alex just feels right for Lena. Like they're two perfectly characters made for each other *boy, that kinda sounds cheesy but anyway...* They just fit :)

message 38: by Carly (new)

Carly JULIAN JULIAN JULIAN! Alex has changed an do has Lena! And even though I feel really bad for Alex Julian is perfect for Lena, he changed her! And she risked her life for him! !!!!!!! Alex just ruined the WHOLE ENTIRE THING! And at first I was sooooo sad that Alex "died" but then Julian came in and... I like him way more! LAUREN OLIVER WHY TORTURE US UNTIL 2012?!? WHHHHHHYYYYY?! well I'm team Julian all the way <3

message 39: by Carly (new)

Carly Kelsey wrote: "I personally like Julian and Lena. In Pandemonium, you can't blame her for falling for Julian. She thought Alex was dead and she also said something about being with Julian felt better than when sh..."

1100% agree with Kelsey! Juliand fits perfectly with the new Lena! And Alex is diftrnt and Lena is too. If Alexander Lena end up together I will be soooooo mad and burn the books.

Emily Caitlin wrote: "If Lena chooses Julian, this trilogy will no longer be in my favorite list, and I will totally forget about this books. Like seriously, maybe you think I'm crazy but I'm sorry, Alex was first and s..."

I hope the ending isnt't like Before I Fall... that means another hour of crying...

message 41: by Renesmee (new)

Renesmee Cullen Lena should end with Alex!!!! I hope Lauren Oliver hear my prayers, but also I dont want Alex to be following Lena like a lost puppy while she is thinking who she will choose

message 42: by Renesmee (new)

Renesmee Cullen And by the way how do we know that Alex has changed when we only spoke one sentence in all the book come on people!

message 43: by Renesmee (new)

Renesmee Cullen Emily wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "If Lena chooses Julian, this trilogy will no longer be in my favorite list, and I will totally forget about this books. Like seriously, maybe you think I'm crazy but I'm sorry, Alex..."

I hope she ends with alex!!! Or i will rip some heads off

Chloe (Girl In The Woods Reviews) Renesmee wrote: "Emily wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "If Lena chooses Julian, this trilogy will no longer be in my favorite list, and I will totally forget about this books. Like seriously, maybe you think I'm crazy but I..."

Team Alex all the way from the start and hopefully till the end!!! :D

message 45: by Kailysaywhat (new)

Kailysaywhat Alex already has my heart. I loved him in Delirium. And I completely freaked out on the very last page when he came back. I had a feeling he would be coming back, so it pissed me off when she started falling for Julian. They barely know each other!! I love Alex, and if she doesn't end up with him in Requiem, I am going to be PISSED.

Hannah Kailysaywhat wrote: "Alex already has my heart. I loved him in Delirium. And I completely freaked out on the very last page when he came back. I had a feeling he would be coming back, so it pissed me off when she st..."
Oh man I so agree with you. I mean Julian was nice and all but Alex is Lena's one true love and I just think maybe she was rushing herself with Julian because she wanted to forget how painful it was without Alex and she wanted to fill the empty hole,but now that Alex is back..... Bye bye Julian!!! I hope :)

Brittnay ALEX. ALEX. ALEX all the way! Lena and Julian didnt have the same connection! And that time moving on stuff is an excuse! It had only been six months! Thats not even enough time for alex to have gotten settled in his grave! I mean, come on. Show some respect for the man that sacrificed EVERYTHING so that you wouldnt have to get cured and at least wait a year! Preferably two or three... But six months??? I think she was still trying to get over alex and Julian was the rebound. The book even said a couple of times the two characters sometimes meshed together in Lena's mind. Soo... yea.

Chloe (Girl In The Woods Reviews) Brittnay wrote: "ALEX. ALEX. ALEX all the way! Lena and Julian didnt have the same connection! And that time moving on stuff is an excuse! It had only been six months! Thats not even enough time for alex to have go..."

Omg I totally agree with u. TEAM ALEX! I can't believe it's only 6 months and Lena has gone over her head with Julian!

Brittnay Chloe wrote: "Brittnay wrote: "ALEX. ALEX. ALEX all the way! Lena and Julian didnt have the same connection! And that time moving on stuff is an excuse! It had only been six months! Thats not even enough time fo..."

Ikr!! Six months is rediculous. I'd be pissed too i saw my boyfriend kissing and hugging some other girl after only a few short months of me supposedly being dead. And julian cant even get mad if lena picks alex. He knew good and well her whole situation and what he was getting into. Besides, what does julian even have to offer to their relationship? Nothing

message 50: by Chloe (Girl In The Woods Reviews) (last edited May 27, 2012 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chloe (Girl In The Woods Reviews) Brittnay wrote: "Chloe wrote: "Brittnay wrote: "ALEX. ALEX. ALEX all the way! Lena and Julian didnt have the same connection! And that time moving on stuff is an excuse! It had only been six months! Thats not even ..."

I know right?!? Julian doesn't seem to be the "I'll be over the moon with you, Lena" He's totally not committed to be Lena's equal. (that's my say though...) When I read Delirium, I was totally hooked but with Pandemonium, it seemed so-so until the end of course, that's where the tension and excitement came together! I was practically screaming my head and chanting: "ALEX! ALEX! ALEX! :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Requiem (other topics)
Reboot (other topics)
Obsidian (other topics)