Erudite Readers discussion

Random! > Reading Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 157) (157 new)    post a comment »

Tricia | 352 comments Is anybody else doing the 2012 reading challenge? If so, what is your goal? How close/far are you from your goal? I set my goal this year at 45 books and have completed 28, so I'm about 62% done. I'm thinking I will have to revise my original goal. Do you think you will reach yours?

Dina Hekal (Deeeh) | 441 comments I'm doing it and I set my goal at 100 and I've only completed 2 :/ so I have a long road ahead of me.

message 3: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5691 comments Mod
I want to read 100 books and have read 46 books thus far! 46% done! Btw Tricia I'm going to give you some points for adding some good topics!

Tricia | 352 comments Thanks, Scott, points are always great, but I really just enjoy being able to discuss books and book related topics with like-minded people. I live vicariously through the interent, it seems, and don't have the opportunity to discuss books and reading elsewhere, especially with such a diverse group of people. (My public, town and county, libraries bite the big one). The group you have created is great, affording me, and it seems many others, the ability to voice our opinions, play fun games, and share without fear of being snubbed or loooked-down upon.

And 46 books already! That's amazing! You've already blown my orignal goal out of the water. I think if I read any more than I already do I would never find time to sleep, and believe me, nobody likes me when I haven't gotten enough sleep!

Tricia | 352 comments Dinahekal wrote: "I'm doing it and I set my goal at 100 and I've only completed 2 :/ so I have a long road ahead of me."

100 books is definitely a big goal, though I think I saw a few with 300 or more. I always like to think as the goal as just something to try and attain... Great if I do, but oh well if I don't. Fortunately, we're only in the beginning of March and you have a long time to catch up if you want to. Besides, it's not the quantity of the books we read, but rather the quality of the enjoyment we get from reading them!

message 6: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Tricia wrote: "Dinahekal wrote: "I'm doing it and I set my goal at 100 and I've only completed 2 :/ so I have a long road ahead of me."

100 books is definitely a big goal, though I think I saw a few with 300 o..."

Well said! I wish everyone good luck on their challenges! I think reading is more about the journey than the destination! It doesn't matter how many books you have read. What matters is of you enjoyed reading them :) Besides it's only March!

Karina (2187) My goal is 250 and so far i've read 70 :)

message 8: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Karina wrote: "My goal is 250 and so far i've read 70 :)"
Wow :O

Tricia | 352 comments Scott wrote: "Karina wrote: "My goal is 250 and so far i've read 70 :)"
Wow :O"

My sentiments exactly!

Karina (2187) Haha hopefully I dont fail >.<

message 11: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

Michele.♥ (mcgxo95) | 4880 comments Mod
Good luck on everyone's challenges! At first mine was 75 books but now its 100 books! I'm 48% done :D

Tricia | 352 comments Karina wrote: "Haha hopefully I dont fail >.<"

Eh, no failing regardless if goals are met or not, just reading adventures!

Dina Hekal (Deeeh) | 441 comments Tricia wrote: "Dinahekal wrote: "I'm doing it and I set my goal at 100 and I've only completed 2 :/ so I have a long road ahead of me."

100 books is definitely a big goal, though I think I saw a few with 300 o..."

you're right it's about the contents of each book I read and the enjoyment not about how many books I read.

Karina (2187) Tricia wrote: "Karina wrote: "Haha hopefully I dont fail >.

Eh, no failing regardless if goals are met or not, just reading adventures!"

Very true!

Karina (2187) Sasha wrote: "Well for me it's pointless because I'm free all night and sleep all day"

I wish I could do the same!

message 16: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

I love these challenges! I love seeing how many books I can read and enjoy in one year!

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 43 comments My goal is 100 and I have read 24! About to finish 25!

message 18: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

Morgan wrote: "My goal is 100 and I have read 24! About to finish 25!"

Good luck with your challenge :) Mine's also 100!

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 43 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Morgan wrote: "My goal is 100 and I have read 24! About to finish 25!"

Good luck with your challenge :) Mine's also 100!"

Last year I did 60, I am currently 4 books ahead for the 100 goal so I am good :)

I am letting myself enjoy A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin

message 20: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

ohh that's good! I'm reading blood sacrifice from vampire cademy series.

How is that book?

Karina (2187) I hate it I am so busy with school that I havent have much time to read. Every single time that I finally get everything done and think "I can finally read!" I start reading where I left off and end up falling asleep after only reading a few lines >.<

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 43 comments Really interesting :) I am usually not one for fantasy, but I am liking this!

Jay My goal is 90

Jay My goal is 90

message 25: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

Jay wrote: "My goal is 90"

That's a good goal! Good luck :)

message 26: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

I can't believe some people's goal is like 360 books! That's basically one book a day!

Sherri Arnold | 21 comments My goal is 200 books. I've read 60 so far so I think I will meet the goal.

message 28: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

Sherri wrote: "My goal is 200 books. I've read 60 so far so I think I will meet the goal."

good luck! That's alot of books :O

Cupcake Bookworm (cupcakebookworm) kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I can't believe some people's goal is like 360 books! That's basically one book a day!"

thats what i did, and im trying to reach it, but its hard!!! at first mine was 500, but i changed it to something a bit more realistic.

message 30: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Cupcake Bookworm wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I can't believe some people's goal is like 360 books! That's basically one book a day!"

thats what i did, and im trying to reach it, but its hard!!! at first mine was 500..."

It's so hard with school and all to read so much.

message 31: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

Scott wrote: "Cupcake Bookworm wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I can't believe some people's goal is like 360 books! That's basically one book a day!"

thats what i did, and im trying to reach it, but its hard..."

I guess it depends what kind of books you read! If you read kid's book/picutre books you can easily complete your goal!

message 32: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Scott wrote: "Cupcake Bookworm wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I can't believe some people's goal is like 360 books! That's basically one book a day!"

thats what i did, and im trying to reach it..."

i read a bit of everything!

Marni (WonderWmn999) My goal this year is 100. I'm behind at having only read 16. Hoping to get that number up really soon. I know by the end of the night I'll be at 17! :)

message 34: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

That's good! I have the same goal as you. more than halfway done.

message 35: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

I almost 60% done !

Karina (2187) How is everyone doing with their challenge?

I have gotten slow...I am finishing up my 85th book, my overall goal is 250.

Jay I have 50/90

message 38: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

Karina wrote: "How is everyone doing with their challenge?

I have gotten slow...I am finishing up my 85th book, my overall goal is 250."

250 is so many books :O Then again you have read so many books!

message 39: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Karina wrote: "How is everyone doing with their challenge?

Woah. I feel like a fail.

Karina (2187) kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Karina wrote: "How is everyone doing with their challenge?

250 is so many books :O Then again you have read so many b..."

Well last year I read 100 and something but i started the challenge late in the year so i figured 250 would be enough this time around. (:

Karina (2187) Scott wrote: "Karina wrote: "How is everyone doing with their challenge?

Woah. I feel like a fail."

You shouldn't!!

message 42: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Karina wrote: "Scott wrote: "Karina wrote: "How is everyone doing with their challenge?

You shouldn't!!"

I wish I Read more - 3000th post.

Karina (2187) Scott wrote: "Karina wrote: "Scott wrote: "Karina wrote: "How is everyone doing with their challenge?

Yo..."

I just like to challenge myself so I set goals for myself. Sometimes i put a time limit, like by the end up today i have to get this much done or by the end of the week I have get all these done. I think that is one of the reasons I get so many books read. Lately though i haven't had as much time as I used to.

Jay That's cool I get a lot of books I wish my library didn't have a 25 hold limit

Karina (2187) That sucks!! According to the librarians we are allowed to get up 100 if we wanted...not sure someone would actually do that considering the fact that they only have two weeks to read and return.

Jay Yeah it does I can't order any more books because I have too many holds

message 47: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new)

#bookoholic problems

i have to increase my goal

Karina (2187) Im thinking to increasing mine too!

Jay Cool

message 50: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

I need to increase mine but not too much.

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Game of Thrones (other topics)