Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

Versus > Prim vs. Rue

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Considering that they were, in some ways, so much alike, I thought that we might as well compare/contrast Rue and Prim. Who did you think was the stronger character? Who did you like better?

message 2: by Marilyn, Assistant Head Mod >♥♥♥♥♥I love Four/Tobias!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (new)

Marilyn Anderson (Marilyn344) | 167 comments Mod
Rue is definitely stronger and I liked her better since Prim seemed a little too little kidish and she was dependent

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Rue, she was a fighter and went out with a bang. While Prim was strong in her own way, and noble, she was on the front lines during Mockingjay, I still liked Rue better. She could definetally hold her own.

message 4: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Roleplay Mod>GALE!!!!!!!!! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 483 comments Mod
same

message 5: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
I can't decide which I like better...they are both, as you have said, strong in their own way. Rue was certainly much stronger in the first book, and had she lived, we may have seen her grow more and become stronger. However, Prim was also strong. It had to take a lot to be brave enough to go out into the thick of things during this more or less civil war as a rebel medic. We also see that Prim becomes very wise as she grows older. Like, when she was talking to Katniss about Peeta's capture while they are being held underground during the bombings of 13.

message 6: by Devora (new)

Devora | 40 comments Rue is definitely stronger I felt like Prim whinned too much.

message 7: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
I will definitely agree that overall, Rue was sooooooooo much stronger than Prim, and that, at the beginning of the series, Prim whined too much. But, I think that as Prim matured, she also became strong.

message 8: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Roleplay Mod>GALE!!!!!!!!! (new)

Prim has a way of knowing exactly what's happening in every situation and saying it.

But Rue was just amazing

message 9: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Well said.

message 10: by Kate9 (new)

Kate9 | 285 comments ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ §Gale§ wrote: "Prim has a way of knowing exactly what's happening in every situation and saying it.

But Rue was just amazing"

Right, well said. Prim was very understanding and strong. She wasn't strong like able to sneak around and kill people strong, but it must have taken a lot of strength to survive without Katniss and then launch herself into the rebellion as a medic.

message 11: by Leah, What do you mean mockingjays don't really exist??? (new)

Leah | 1378 comments Mod
Exactly how I feel.

message 12: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Roleplay Mod>GALE!!!!!!!!! (new)

Perfecto

unread topics | mark unread