A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10) A Perfect Blood discussion

Will Ivy die her first death by book 13, and will Rachel be able to save Ivy's soul?

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maxine Owen In A Perfect Blood, Rachel comes to terms with what she is. She also mentions again the fact that Ivy's master vampire thinks that she (Rachel) will be able to save Ivy's soul when Ivy dies her first death.
With only three more books to go in this series, do you think that Ivy will die her first death before the end of the series? Do you think that Rachel will finally discover how to save Ivy's soul?
If she does find the key, is it her love and acceptance, or something more?

Hitandmiss I thought she already had, theres 2 possible ways already shown;

Elf Magic - Trent held Rachels Soul while her body/aura healed

Demon Magic - To be a female demon you have to be able to hold a 2 souls/auras in you.

Off the top of my head both of these seem to be possible ways to fix the Vamp problem

VampireNovelFan I am betting we'll see her do it the demon way since we've already seen the elven way. And I am pretty sure this will happen in book 12, the tentative final book. If she does a 13th, I am not sure if it will be a bonus or just dragging the series out out even more after 12, meaning it would happen in 13.

Hitandmiss I think It would of been a stronger storyline in the last book if the bad guys had been vamps trying to create a demon so they could transfer souls from people/witches to vamp masters.

An Underground human army is something I would have expected to come up before or the history would of come up at some point previous, it’s something that could of been perfectly foreshadowed.

Maxine Owen Hitandmiss and VampireNovelFan, you both make some excellent points. It definitely seems possible to save Ivy's soul, whichever way it happens. If anyone can do it, it will be Rachel.
I am also thinking that with her soul intact after her first death, Ivy's personality may not have to change that much. Most undead vampires lack any sort of emotions, usually only faking "normal." If, however, her soul remains intact, she may be a happy vampire.

VampireNovelFan Maxine wrote: "Hitandmiss and VampireNovelFan, you both make some excellent points. It definitely seems possible to save Ivy's soul, whichever way it happens. If anyone can do it, it will be Rachel.
I am also thi..."

Kim has said she's thought of 3 ways to do it, but I've only considered the 2.

Missyb I would hope/think that the series would end answering that question. I'm thinking that Ivy will retain her soul on her own, just because of the kind of person she is. It seems that most of the vamps that became undead were nasty as living vamps so it was reasonable for them to continue being nasty

VampireNovelFan Missyb wrote: "I would hope/think that the series would end answering that question. I'm thinking that Ivy will retain her soul on her own, just because of the kind of person she is. It seems that most of the v..."

Kim says that Rachel will save Ivy's soul in book 12, the one she is writing now.

Tangled  Speculation I think Rachel will save it "the demon way". It probably has something to do with their auras having merged and that think Al tried with using another soul to protect her from Banshee attacks. I'm sure Rachel will figure it out when she needs to. OTOH, she may get over her aversion of wild magic if she needs it to save Ivy right away. I'm kind of hoping this is resolved to that Ivy moving on and being "just friends".

Annie I love Ivy.....I think Rachel will save Ivy's soul...and it will be beautiful....but it is going to be difficult and a fight that will be very dangerous!

message 11: by Donovan (new)

Donovan Zephyn-abrams Most of what has been posted I can agree with but I believe we are forgetting one small detail pertaining undead vampires and their souls, namely Kisten. When Kisten died his first death he did lose his physical memories but retained his emotional memory. After he died his second death and was fading into oblivion, his soul was there along with all his memories of the two people closest to his heart;Ivy and Rachel.I am not exactly sure how Rachel was able to tell his soul was there cause there was no mention of her sensing this as she did with her father and Peter. In the end I think it will be a combination of Ivy's will, Rachel's demon magic, and a declaration of a new type of relationship or acceptance of a new relationship between the two of them that will save Ivy's soul.

Sonia VampireNovelFan wrote: "Maxine wrote: "Hitandmiss and VampireNovelFan, you both make some excellent points. It definitely seems possible to save Ivy's soul, whichever way it happens. If anyone can do it, it will be Rachel..."

The third way may be the method Al used to bind Pierce to Tom Bansen's body.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

A Perfect Blood (other topics)