Erudite Readers discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
Debates > President Snow vs Jeanine

Comments (showing 1-50 of 141) (141 new)    post a comment »

Renee | 176 comments This is about two main villains. President Snow from THG versus Jeanine from Divergent. What are your guys' thoughts on comparing and contrasting the two? :)

message 2: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michele.♥ (mcgxo95) | 4880 comments Mod
I prefer President snow even though i hate both of them. I find President Snow just a bit more likeable and not as harsh as Jeanine! I like Madge's dad more than president snow though

message 3: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

http://cdn.shockya.com/news/wp-conten...

this is president snow in the hunger games movie! I didn't really picture him like that at all

message 4: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5691 comments Mod
President Snow is so despicable! He is very creepy with his white roses and he disgusts me so much.. President Coin wasn't much better!

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "http://cdn.shockya.com/news/wp-conten...

this is president snow in the hunger games movie! I didn't really picture him like that at all"

I didnt picture him like that either. it was somewhat different.
and yes i can agree that he was a bit more likable. In the end I almost ended up feeling sorry for him. almost

Renee | 176 comments Scott wrote: "President Snow is so despicable! He is very creepy with his white roses and he disgusts me so much.. President Coin wasn't much better!"

true indeed president Coin was pretty much worse than Snow. just the whole idea of killing others for entertainment ticks me off. regardless of who the president was at the time.

message 7: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

is it bad that I don't rember this president coin?! i'm deff rereading the last two books

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "is it bad that I don't rember this president coin?! i'm deff rereading the last two books"

no, its not bad at all. just gives one a reason to re-read the books. which is always a plus :)

message 9: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Right now I'm re-reading the first book for our challenge! You should take part if you want (:

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Right now I'm re-reading the first book for our challenge! You should take part if you want (:"

oh i definitely am :)

message 11: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

okay there's a thread called hunger games reading challenge

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "okay there's a thread called hunger games reading challenge"

alrighty, ill check it out right now

message 13: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

KK thanks! so are you a peeta or gale fan?

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "KK thanks! so are you a peeta or gale fan?"

I think I am a Peeta fan but I dont know I liked Gale pretty well too.

message 15: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

oh i love gale but the third book made me like him less :O

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "oh i love gale but the third book made me like him less :O"

oh for sure. i swear I was so close to crying with the whole thing that happened to Prim. Though, in my opinion, I got the impression that she was meant to die from the start. that's probably an obvious statement. but yeah..

message 17: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

IK it was so sad! It was also really sad with Rue! I think I get what you mean like she was supossed to be in the hunger games and fight to the death and since she never did that she was meant to die just ina different way

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "IK it was so sad! It was also really sad with Rue! I think I get what you mean like she was supossed to be in the hunger games and fight to the death and since she never did that she was meant to d..."
mhm. oh my goodness Rue's death was just :'( I'm quite curious to hear what the song that she sings to her sounds like in the movie. yes, exactly.

message 19: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Have you heard the taylor swift song safe and sound?

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Have you heard the taylor swift song safe and sound?"

No, I haven't.

message 21: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Go listen to it! It's in the hunger games movie

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Go listen to it! It's in the hunger games movie"

Okay. I'll go check it out now

message 23: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

yay! i can;t wait for the soundtrack to come out

message 24: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

same! i already got one of the songs but i dont really like it

Louie Sedano (louiestarr) I hate them both. Although both of them is after power President Snow is after the centralization of power in the capitol while Jeanine is using her knowledge to gain power by influencing and using other people. Jeanine is more brilliant but President Snow is more despicable.

Renee | 176 comments Louie Sedano wrote: "I hate them both. Although both of them is after power President Snow is after the centralization of power in the capitol while Jeanine is using her knowledge to gain power by influencing and using..."

Agreed. they both have their own personal traits and intentions that make you want to dislike them equally.
Oh goodness I just had a thought, What if they were working together in the same story? O:

message 27: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haha I'm sensing a Hunger Games/Divergent Cross-over.

Renee | 176 comments Scott wrote: "Haha I'm sensing a Hunger Games/Divergent Cross-over."

lol. well i wouldn't be able to write one. but it'd be cool to read one. wouldn't you think? :)

message 29: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah that would be! Which do you like better?

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Yeah that would be! Which do you like better?"

I like them both the same. but divergent has a slight lead. haha

message 31: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hm I really can't decide between the two! At firs I liked Divergent more but recently reread Hunger Games and now I'm unsure!

I would love to see a combination of dynopsia societies! Maybe Suzzane collins and Veronica Roth could write a collaboration?

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Hm I really can't decide between the two! At firs I liked Divergent more but recently reread Hunger Games and now I'm unsure!

I would love to see a combination of dynopsia societies! Maybe Suzzan..."

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think theyre just highly likable in their own plot lines. Then again, Divergent is still on its first book while Hunger Games has been through all three. So maybe feelings will change as the story progresses. Like I noticed how a lot of people didnt like mockingjay so much cause of the setting change. So who knows. :)

HEC YES! That'd be a freaking awesome book! haha.

message 33: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah it's becuase the first book was so much better than the second two! hopefully it's not like with divergent and the rest of the triology!

Have you read Vampire Academy? --random question ik lol

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Yeah it's becuase the first book was so much better than the second two! hopefully it's not like with divergent and the rest of the triology!

Have you read Vampire Academy? --random question ik lol"

Seriously. :)

OMG! I swear I just became best friends with you :P Yes, I have read Vampire Academy. It is my favorite series of all time. Haha

message 35: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

hahaha (: Same taste in books! i'm on the fifth book right now and I'm loving it! Are you an Adrian or Dimitri fan or just neither?

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "hahaha (: Same taste in books! i'm on the fifth book right now and I'm loving it! Are you an Adrian or Dimitri fan or just neither?"

Oh Dimitri all the way. Though at first I was more of a Mason fan before Frostbite happened...I swear I cry every time I read that book. And Adrian, well, I like him too, just not as much as I like Dimitri.

They need to hurry their butts up with making the movie. It was suppose to be released by like next year and they haven't done anything yet except buy studio rights to making it. >_<

message 37: by Michele.♥, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh I like Dimitri as a friend for Rose but I never felt like they were meant for each other! I like Adrian though beause I think he's so unpredictable! At times he can be so funny, nice and just awesome lol! I like Mason too! I wish he didn't die :(

This would make a great movie!!

(we have a debate about vampire books btw)

Renee | 176 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Oh I like Dimitri as a friend for Rose but I never felt like they were meant for each other! I like Adrian though beause I think he's so unpredictable! At times he can be so funny, nice and just aw..."
True true, Adrian is a pretty cool guy. Are you planning on reading Bloodlines after you finish Last Sacrifice?
Yeah, it was sooo sad. :'(

Yes it would! :) they just need to make it! :P

there is?

message 39: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

I didn't like Mockingjay because of the ending..

Renee | 176 comments Scott wrote: "I didn't like Mockingjay because of the ending.."

why didnt you like the ending

message 41: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

I need to re-read it.. the ending felt like a let-down.. (I don't really remember a whole lot abt Mockingjay- I read it when it came out.. and that's seems like so long ago.)

Eileen (SingingReadingRain) Scott wrote: "I need to re-read it.. the ending felt like a let-down.. (I don't really remember a whole lot abt Mockingjay- I read it when it came out.. and that's seems like so long ago.)"

I know! Everything really moved really fast and I didn't even know about half the things that happened until someone actually told me or it was said right there in bold right in the book. I think that Suzanne spent too much of the body discussing other things and the real ending was just crammed into an epilogue.

message 43: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eileen wrote: "Scott wrote: "I need to re-read it.. the ending felt like a let-down.. (I don't really remember a whole lot abt Mockingjay- I read it when it came out.. and that's seems like so long ago.)"

I know..."

I totally agree... I mean it was good.. but it wasn't Hunger Games good.. (if that makes sense)

Renee | 176 comments Okay, point taken. I havent read it in a while either.

message 45: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Re-reading time!

Renee | 176 comments definitely!

message 47: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate wrote: "Scott wrote: "I need to re-read it.. the ending felt like a let-down.. (I don't really remember a whole lot abt Mockingjay- I read it when it came out.. and that's seems like so long ago.)"

I agre..."

Well he isn't a very nice person.. I think watching the Games with Katniss and Peeta in love changed him completely.. he changed for the worse.....

Renee | 176 comments thats understandable..in a sense

message 49: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

I shouldn't be making excuses for a killer, no one put a gun to his head and said kill innocent children or you'll die

Karina (2187) Scott wrote: "I shouldn't be making excuses for a killer, no one put a gun to his head and said kill innocent children or you'll die"

Even with a gun to his head, he still would have had a choice...he would have died but its still a choice.

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread