Survive the Night discussion

Quests and Missions > Hall of the Dragons

Comments (showing 1-45 of 45) (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chi (last edited Mar 22, 2012 03:45PM) (new)

Chi | 944 comments Mod
Many people enter here and are given a quest to complete. The designs on the walls are that of the Great Dragons of the Elements. There are many side rooms that when one enters, there, written in the color of the element that they are going to face the most, it the title and description of their quest and/or Mission. The Missions are filled with trials that the Quester has to go through. Many are dangerous and deadly and others may be a simple(?) Or seemingly simple, retrieval. Each Dragon has their own chosen Missionaries to take on the missions that are the hardest. Each mission requires different Missionaries and they can take friends, or possible enemies, along with them.

Now Pass through the Gates and Find your Quests

message 2: by Scarecrow (last edited Mar 17, 2012 07:47PM) (new)

Scarecrow | 505 comments Mod
Dirge walked up to the Hall of the Dragons with deliberate, well weighted steps. The large double doors opened slowly as he pushed them back to reveal the interior. His long cloak whipped behind him as he walked and he made sure to keep his hood over the majority of his face. He didn't want to be seen, or worse, recognized. The room was filled with chatter and talk of adventure or money to be gained, but Dirge would have none of it. He waltzed right up to the desk and waited, if not a bit impatiently.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
The person behind the desk glanced at him, then smiled. "You do not seem to be here for money, like the others." She said in a quiet voice. "You're different from them." She walked over to get a better look at him. "You're a bit mysterious. I think that they'll like that, makes things easier." She said.

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123   ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆  Cool (coolkidrox123) | 1221 comments Mod
((shadow, i have no one to rp with :'()

Winter walked into the dragon halls

Dirge responded in a cold, flat tone. "What am I? Some animal to be looked over and 'appraised?'" He shifted hotly from foot to foot. "I need a quest. You got one or not?"

Chi | 944 comments Mod
The blue door behind the counter started to glow faintly. The woman glanced back at it and smile. "As a matter of fact...I do...And it's not just any quest by the way." She pointed a slender finger at the door behind her. "They are who I was talking about. The Dragons." She said quietly, so that the others wouldn't hear her. "Looks like Ice wants you to help him at the moment."

"You too Symia." She heard someone say.

She sighed. "Fine Ice, have it your way."

((It seems like she's talking to herself, but he could probably figure out that she isnt))

((Gotcha))

Dirge simply shrugged one of his shoulders in a halfhearted reply. He turned slowly, but defiantly, and strode toward Ice. "Alright. Fill me in." He said, blunt and to the point. He already felt the need to get going and start moving. It had been too long since his last quest. The back of his shoulders had an aching itch that longed for some kind, any kind, of purpose.

message 8: by Chi (last edited Mar 17, 2012 12:07AM) (new)

Chi | 944 comments Mod
Scarecrow wrote: "((Gotcha))

Dirge simply shrugged one of his shoulders in a halfhearted reply. He turned slowly, but defiantly, and strode toward Ice. "Alright. Fill me in." He said, blunt and to the point. He alr..."
))

Ice's bright blue eyes scanned Dirge with interest. "Very good...." He said and gave Dirge a Toothy smile. "I like you." He paused. "Your quest is to Exterminate, or at least get rid of most, if not all, the monsters in the Ice Path. I Plan to open it to the priests and they are being very stubborn about releasing the monsters from the pathway to the world we currently reside in." Ice sighed. "If only they were capable of doing it themselves...but no. They have to have someone else do it....Anyways back on track, I need you and Symia and..."He saw Winter in the corner of his eyes. "Her..." He pointed his nose in the Direction that Winter was in. "To do that for me."

Symia nodded. "So that means I have to go get the girl over there?"

((Coolkidrox123 {The coolest of them all!} wrote: "(its just... sometims i don't know how to replly)"

((AH, Well, Have Winter walk over to the counter and Ice will make her join in on the Mission and I will open the Quest: .:Ice:. Dirge Winter and Symia Topic ))

message 9: by Scarecrow (last edited Mar 17, 2012 12:20AM) (new)

((Sounds good))
Dirge's eyes flickered and his shoulders stiffened a bit at the new found information. "Wait, I never said I wanted to work with others." He interjected. "I've always worked alone." He didn't have anything personal against either girl, but didn't want some kind of useless baggage following him around. He also didn't want to get close to anyone. Relationships were a trivial matter, that always seemed to end terribly.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
"You better loosen up. Cause this Mission is a tough one." Symia interjected. "The monsters on the Ice Pathway are particularly hard to defeat and let alone exterminate by one's self. And this is coming from a person who has tried this before and failed miserably..." She looked away, slightly embarrassed.

Ice sighed. "I cannot even believe you tried tha-...never mind..." He said, stopping the sentence there.

"Right, Well...I'm a stubborn type and it's hard to make me change my mind, Okay Ice?"

Dirge let out a long, heavy sigh. "Even so, I wouldn't be completely alone." He grumbled irritably under his breath. He could simply raise a handful of undead to watch his back. It wasn't like he fought hand-to-hand when he could help it anyway. And now he could see that this woman was stubborn. Probably almost as much as himself. He sighed again. "I don't want you dragging behind. And if you slip up, I'm not risking anything to save your throat." He stated, matter-of-fact. "I'm going to town, meet me there when you're ready. Take too long and I'll leave you." He said turning.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
Symia followed him after the next clerk came to the counter. "Jake, tell the girl over there to go to the small town that is north of here when she walks over, and have Ice explain her quest to her."
Jake nodded and assumed his position.
Symia caught up to Dirge quickly.

Dirge simply looked at her sideways, without turning his head. "You won't get lost, right?" He asked in an emotionless tone. His shoulders were still stiff and he seemed uneasy as he walked. Symia was the same race, he noted. Her long platinum hair fell loosely over her shoulders. He shook his head. He almost wanted to ask he about their race. He felt bad not knowing about his roots, but didn't really want to converse.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
"I know my way around these parts and quite a bit of length along the Ice Pathway, but it could have changed since the last time that I have gone to the place. Because it normally does." She said. After a while she stopped talking, as if she realized that he didn't want to talk much at all. Symia just kept on walking in silence.

(YAY thanks! oh and my mum will probably make me go to bed soon, so, i won't give you hope that i'd be on very long)

Winter fiddled with her long, curly white hair, figeding and shifting her wheight from foot to foot. She didn't want to be seen asking for a quest then getting rejected. So Winter waited until the other people left before aproching a man. "Escuse me, do you have any open quests?" She wanted to go on a quest to prove herself. She was always seen as the weak link...thats why no one ever invited her to a quest. They saw her as a weirdo...but she had the will of a tigress. She will NOT fail this quest...not like the last one...but she never talked about the last quest she went on, no one realy knows apart from her old 'friends' the ones who made her go.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
Jake smiled at her. "As a matter of fact, my friend, Ice over here told me that you should go meet up with the other two in Xerria. You should let him fill you in on what you need to do for the Quest with them though." He said, motioning over to the blue door behind him. He opened the gate between the counter and behind it and then let her through.

Ice waited for Winter in his room.

message 17: by ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ , The Looming Greyness above you (last edited Mar 17, 2012 03:33PM) (new)

"Thanks" winter said over her shoulder before rushing through. She was amazed at the beuty of the place. Then she saw ice. She walked over to ice...nervous about how he would react towards someone like herself.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
Ice gave Winter a smile. "Welcome Young one." He said in smooth, melodic tones. "You have been told that I have a Mission for you, have you not?" He asked, his blue eyes shimmering in the artificial light of the hall. His scales gleamed as he mover to face her wholly.

(scales?)

Winter nodded, starring into his eyes that seemed like deep water. She was afraid that ice would say: 'Sorry, there was a mistake, i didn't ask for you, i asked for someone else, someone better! off you go"

Chi | 944 comments Mod
((He's a Dragon, if you haven't noticed already...))

Ice just smiled. "There is no reason to worry so much young one. I have called to you to take on a mission with two others. They are waiting in the town that is North of here. Xerria. Your's and their job is to exterminate the monsters that are blocking my Ice path and keeping the Priests and Priestesses from getting to the Temple." He looked at her, as if he were assessing her. "I am guessing that you do not often work with others?"

(oh gosh i am so naiive, lol omg)

Winter shivered a bit, but not from the cold.
"No....how did you...?"

Chi | 944 comments Mod
Ice just smiled. "The others in the group, or at the very least, one of them, is like you. They don't travel much with others. And I've known plenty of creatures and people like you who are very similar over my years on this Earth."

Winter shifted her wait from foot to foot. "Um...well...for me its more to do with my 'inner tiger'" She rubbed the back of her neck.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
Giving a small laugh, Ice walked over to her carefully. "I can sense that you are a shifter of some sort." He said. "I'm sure that this quest will giver you more time to help with containing the Inner Tiger of yours."

Winter laughed nervously "Yeah, right, like THAT would happen...even though at the moment i am no way near my inner tiger...so when do i go?"

Chi | 944 comments Mod
"The Port city of Xerria is to the north of here, you can't miss it really." He said. "I'm sure that you'll be able to meet up with them easily. The other girl in the group was the one behind the counter to give you and the others quests before I sent her off to go as well. You did see her am I correct?"

"Yeah, i'm pretty sure. Thanks, i will go now" Winter said and she queickly walked through to the first chamber, ignored the man there and almost ran out. Outside she ran to the bushes and took off her over clothes. She consentrated. Her whole body shook as her body heat sorred and her image flikered. A few seconds later she had transformed into a huge white with black stripes tiger. Her under clothes ripped on the ground. She grabbed her over clothes in her mouth and sped towards the city.

message 28: by Chi (last edited Mar 17, 2012 05:57PM) (new)

Chi | 944 comments Mod
New Quest Desk is Open
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

message 29: by Matthew (last edited Mar 20, 2012 09:42PM) (new)

Matthew  Peper (hungergamesfan) | 19 comments Matt walked in as a wolf.He looked at the interior.He was amazed at the interior.He walked up to the quest desk."Hello."

Chi | 944 comments Mod
((Thanks))

Chi | 944 comments Mod
Michelle looked down at the wolf that had just padded into the Hall and up to the desk that she was at. "Um...Welcome?" She said carefully, unsure as to what she should do next. This was only the second day on the job and she was still getting used to seeing so many different creatures. She was surprised that a wolf, a talking wolf came in and was going to ask for a quest. She didn't think much about it before, but she guessed that you could see all sorts of things when working for the Dragons...

Matthew  Peper (hungergamesfan) | 19 comments Matt turn human."Hi."He said standing infront of her.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
((I hope you read the part about when Weres and Shifters change form they have no clothes.))

Michelle turned around quickly, blushing brightly as the wolf turned from boy to naked human in front of her eyes. She didn't look at Matt before or after she spoke. "Um...you might want to....um go find some clothes first please..." She said, her voice shaking a little from the shock.

((And add more to the replies....?))

Matthew  Peper (hungergamesfan) | 19 comments "Huh....Oh."He said running out of the hall.He ran to a tree he lived in and got dressed. He ran back to the hall fully dressed.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
She sighed, leaning against the back of the counter. Haaaa....not the best way to start a work day. She thought as she waited for Matt to return, hopefully he'd be completely dressed by the time he got back.
As soon as Matt returned she peeked over her shoulder to see if it was safe to turn around. Inside, she sighed in relief, thankful that he was dressed. "Alright, now that that small problem is out of the way, what can I help you with?" She asked as she turned around again.

Matthew  Peper (hungergamesfan) | 19 comments "I would like a quest please."He said putting his hands behind his back acting polite.

(should i bring luke to the quest?)

Chi | 944 comments Mod
She smiled at him, "Sure thing..." She said and pointed to the board to her right. "Pick one of the quests off of there and tell me which one you would like to do." Michelle paused and then continued. "These quests are fairly hard and would probably require more than one person, but if you choose to go at it alone, that is fine too." She informed him.

The Quest board reads as followed.
Monster Problems
Cursed Woods
Whispered Woods
Moonlit Lake
Xerria River
Crystal Cave

Lost Items
Fairy Woods
Tirierrah
Xerria
Underground Tunnels, Sector One

Matthew  Peper (hungergamesfan) | 19 comments "Whats wrong with Xerria's river?"

Chi | 944 comments Mod
"Well..." She flipped over the paper that read Xerria River Quest and then read aloud what it said on the back. "Monsters have overrun the upper part of the Xerria river and they need to be terminated. There are as following; Shadow Crawlers, Giant Catfish, Living Trees, and Flesh eating Spiders." She shuddered. "Gross."

Matthew  Peper (hungergamesfan) | 19 comments "Ok i'll take it."

Chi | 944 comments Mod
"And you are going on your own?" She asked, completely stunned by his answer. "How could you think of doing that? Don't you have someone to go with you?"

((And this is where you get to choose whether or not you want a MPC (Moderator Player Character) To go with your character or not, if you choose not to, then you have to write the whole thing on your own, because solo Quests need to be written out as well.))

((Please, I beg of you, reply more.... T^T I'm sorry to keep asking you about this, but one liners don't really count in this group, if you haven't noticed..... T^T Sorry to keep asking))

Matthew  Peper (hungergamesfan) | 19 comments "No i've got some one to help me."He said walking towards the door.He slowly opened the door.

Chi | 944 comments Mod
((So are you going to let me know what you are doing or what, and please write more T^T I hate to keep asking this. It's Just that I want this group to be literate and booksmart. So that we can get more roleplayers to come here and roleplay in the group. And so I'm going to ask you to please write more. T^T ))

unread topics | mark unread