The First Days (As the World Dies, #1) The First Days discussion

Fast or Slow Zombies?

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rachael I absolutely devoured this book (maybe a silly description considering the genre) I just could not put this one down. Im a apretty big fan of zombies but have always hoped that if Z-Day were to come that the zombies would be slow and easy to outrun.

What are your thoughts? would they be slow or fast?

This book seems pretty plausable as far as Z-Day goes but i'd love to hear some other opinions.

message 2: by Marc (new) - added it

Marc Zombies are slow. Infected can be fast. In my opinion, there is a difference.

If Z-Day ever comes, I am hoping for the slow Romero-style zombies,

Jennifer Addington Read Patient Zero. A whole nuther zombie....But I agree, slow moving zomies would be ideal!! Those fast moving ones are scary!

Rachael oh i have that on my to read lit...might have to bump it up a few slots!

Kristin F. Würgler I would rather be chased by a slow zombie than a fast one, but I do like to read about other people being chased by fast zombies. Maybe a combination. In The Forest of Hands and Teeth zombies would be slow, unless someone turned in an area where there weren't a lot of zombies. Then they would be fast and spread the infection rapidly. That was cool.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I don't have a preference for my books but it would be a no brainer to want only slow zombies if the Zombie Apocalypse ever happened!

Rachael Jennifer wrote: "Read Patient Zero. A whole nuther zombie....But I agree, slow moving zomies would be ideal!! Those fast moving ones are scary!"

I finished reading patient zero a few days ago. im not sure i enjoyed it all that much, not enough zombie stuff i think, too much cop. but over all it wasnt to bad!

Rachael Stacia ~ the professional insomniac wrote: "I don't have a preference for my books but it would be a no brainer to want only slow zombies if the Zombie Apocalypse ever happened!"

Absolutely! they would be scary enough slowing coming towards you....but fast would be indescribable.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Did anyone else feel like they were inside of an episode of Walking Dead while they were reading?

Rachael not particuarly, the story captured me completely...but i did find myself looking through the blinds before leaving for work in the morning after staying up particularly late reading!

What made you feel that way?

I also made the mistake of watching an ep of The Walking dead at night on my ipad, outside on the deck.....that was FREAKY!

Kristin F. Würgler Usually I love all things horror. Have ever since I was a kid. The Walking Dead is the only thing I have ever had trouble watching alone. Granted, I've only seen the first two episodes so far, but still... It's just so creepy.

Stacia (the 2010 club) The way they were on the run and kept being ambushed by zombies, plus the way the killings were described made me feel like I was in an episode. Plus the love drama with the foursome reminded me of some of the ridiculousness of Rick/Lori/Shane.

Granted, a lot of zombie books and movies have a similar vibe but something about the tone of this book reminded me of WD. I didn't feel that way when reading other zombie books like Warm Bodies, for example, although I still liked the book.

Freckleface, I agree that WD is creepy. It's far less campy than some other shows or movies.

Rachael I see what you mean now.

WD is very creepy because it seems like a legitimate outcome, should the Zompocalypse occur. I'm very much looking froward to the next season of creepy. I may restrain myself from watching it outside in the dark though!

I've not read Warm Bodies, I think i'll take a look at it :)

Does anyone else have any zompocalypse reading suggestions?

Kelly Really enjoyed all three. Fast zombies put an interesting spin on things.

Stacey Rachael wrote: "I see what you mean now.

WD is very creepy because it seems like a legitimate outcome, should the Zompocalypse occur. I'm very much looking froward to the next season of creepy. I may restrain mys..."

Well if you haven't read World War Z then take a look but if you read zombie books, chances are you've read it!

Rachael Stacey wrote: "Rachael wrote: "I see what you mean now.

WD is very creepy because it seems like a legitimate outcome, should the Zompocalypse occur. I'm very much looking froward to the next season of creepy. I ..."

HAHA Stacey, I just finished it a few days ago! I'm not much into that style of writing so i got the audio book which had a full cast and i really got into it! there was one part which terrified me (I really must make a note not to read/listen to zombie books when im home alone, at night! I'm giving Zone One a go now and so far so good!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The First Days (other topics)
The Forest of Hands and Teeth (other topics)