Good Books for Picky Teenagers! discussion

Books > Could you suggest a book for me?

Comments (showing 1-42)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 42: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 82 comments I'm halfway through this book! It's really good, the plot and everything! Not very gory, there's no language. The Declaration (The Declaration, #1) by Gemma Malley

message 41: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Lucas (VickiVLucas) Check out a book I wrote. It's a fantasy filled with action. It's called Toxic. Hope you like it!

Here's the link to Amazon Kindle...
http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-ebook/dp/...

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too! I'm getting it from the library tomorrow (along with the rest of the series)

message 39: by Dominic Joseph (new)

Dominic Joseph | 107 comments Haha well I hope it holds to your expectations! :D

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so jealous...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

OH! I can't wait to get that one! I've got wait a whole other week for it... :(

message 36: by Dominic Joseph (new)

Dominic Joseph | 107 comments I'm on the second book in that series Solitary (Escape from Furnace, #2) by Alexander Gordon Smith

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Legend is amazing! But so far Lockdown is really good too. But I'm only on page 57. :) Lockdown (Escape From Furnace, #1) by Alexander Gordon Smith

Stellar (Books, a Coffee, and a Sleepy Kitty) (StellarMissy) | 94 comments ooohhh! i love me some action! i'll need to read Legend. darn you boring covers -.-

message 33: by Cartle (last edited May 30, 2012 04:21PM) (new)

Cartle Love♥ Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} wrote: "I heard that Shatter me has issues and Virals has TONS of swearing."

I just read Virals. It was awesome! There was cursing but I don't remember how much.

I also just read Time Riders. I'm a sucker for time travel so yeah..... lol With a title like Time Riders how can you go wrong? I finished the second book last night. Now I need to get my library to get the next four. :)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

trust me, i like my bloody books! :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

no. because it's got lots of killing and bloody scenes too! ;)

message 30: by Dominic Joseph (new)

Dominic Joseph | 107 comments Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} wrote: "It's about a girl who's the best military student the government has. She falls in love in with a rebel. It's really super good! :)"

Sounds like a girls book lol :)!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

It's about a girl who's the best military student the government has. She falls in love in with a rebel. It's really super good! :)

message 28: by Dominic Joseph (new)

Dominic Joseph | 107 comments Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} wrote: "hunger games and homelander series are awesome!!!

also:

Ashes, Ashes and Legend are really good too!"

I've read Ashes Ashes but I've never read Legend whats it about?

message 27: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 82 comments yeah. They let me read Divergent though. I think it's because she's a Christian. Honestly, I think that if the Hunger Games and Harry Potter were less popular, they would let me read it. It's just since there was a lot of hype about it, they thought it was dangerous. But I will respect their decision.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

oh. I'm sorry. but it's nice to have parents that care about you. :)

message 25: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 82 comments Yeah, I probably would have gotten away with it, only my Mom got a reserve notice on her e-mail account.

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited May 26, 2012 05:07PM) (new)

my mom didn't like that about the hunger games either. but when i picked it up to read it i didn't know it was so violent, so i got away with it... but yeah, my mom won't read the book no matter how hard i try to get her to.

message 23: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 82 comments Oh yeah, I read it. That's mainly the language and some..."hinting". My Mom won't let me read The Hunger Games because of the violence.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

man. :( I wanted to read her books. One Haddix book that is dirty is Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix my mom wouldn't let me read it.

message 21: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 82 comments Definitely. There is some language, though. :( There almost always is a problem with my favorite books. The Tamora Pierce books are amazing, but there's some inappropriate parts that I have to mark out and that's really disappointing. :(

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I <3 that series! Almost anything by Haddix is a good read.

message 19: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 82 comments And there's

Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1) by Margaret Peterson Haddix

and the rest of the series. :D

Stellar (Books, a Coffee, and a Sleepy Kitty) (StellarMissy) | 94 comments also Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant but this has a lot of gore

Stellar (Books, a Coffee, and a Sleepy Kitty) (StellarMissy) | 94 comments Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick
Entwined by Heather Dixon
The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson
Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne PikeLOVE this series!
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami GarciaLOVE LOVE
Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, #1) by Lisa Mantchev

these are all fantasy/faerie/paranormals. hope you like them!

message 16: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Brenna{#1 Hg Fan!} wrote: "I heard that Shatter me has issues and Virals has TONS of swearing."

I read Shatter Me, and I'm not a fan whatsoever. There was a lot of...oddity in it, and the plot really didn't make sense in a lot of ways, plus I didn't like the relationship the main characters had. I haven't read Virals, though, so I can't say about that one.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I heard that Shatter me has issues and Virals has TONS of swearing.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

hunger games and homelander series are awesome!!!

also:

Ashes, Ashes and Legend are really good too!

message 12: by Dominic Joseph (new)

Dominic Joseph | 107 comments I suggest The Hunger Games and the Homlander Series!

message 11: by Alexandra (last edited May 23, 2012 02:29PM) (new)

Alexandra Some good suggestions:

Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) by Eoin Colfer
My favorite series
Talisman of El (Talisman of El, #1) by Alecia Stone
A brand-new series that has a great plot
Impossible by Nancy Werlin
One of my favorite books -- also a great plot
Shadows of Past Memories (Foxfire Chronicles #1) by Alexandra Lanc
The first in a series

The last is my book, by the way. :)

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna Dale (daebakanna) I don't know if you'd like it, but I really did:

The Search For WondLa

It's an amazing book with really cool illustrations and the sequel is coming out May 8th!
It's written by the same dude who wrote the spiderwick chronicles.

message 9: by Cartle (new)

Cartle Love♥ Wow,Sandra. Are we like twins or something? lol Princess of the Midnight Ball is one of my favorites. So is Princess of Glass. I read The Amaranth Enchantment last summer on the beach. It was so good! Bewitching Season is on my list of books to get at the library. Now I really want to read it. :)

message 8: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 82 comments Um, Rebecca, I just wanted to warn you about Delirium, 'cause this thing bothered me. (view spoiler)

message 7: by Sɑnɗrɑ☼ (last edited Mar 17, 2012 09:13AM) (new)

Sɑnɗrɑ☼ (forever35555) | 222 comments Mod
THis is my all time favorite book!: Bewitching Season (Leland Sisters, #1) by Marissa Doyle
AND DEFINITELY THIS: The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
It has something for everyone in it. Magic, romance, adventure, mystery, love, blood, murder, thieves, a prince, a witch, wicked aunts and uncles, it's a Cinderella twist up, BUT SO MUCH BETTER!

This series is amazing!!!!!!! Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1) by Jessica Day George

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Ashkenazy (actsingdance) | 63 comments Mod
Ooh goodie! Thanks!

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) try whitch and wizard: Witch & Wizard (Witch & Wizard, #1) by James Patterson Witch & Wizard (Witch & Wizard, #1) by James Patterson Witch & Wizard by James Patterson

try the 13 treasures: The Thirteen Treasures (Thirteen Treasures, #1) by Michelle Harrison

try the 13th reality: The Journal of Curious Letters (The 13th Reality, #1) by James Dashner

try Across the nightingale floor: (amazing book) Across the Nightingale Floor (Tales of the Otori, #1) by Lian Hearn

try Alex Rider: (realy good) Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1) by Anthony Horowitz

Try The new Heroes book 1: the quantum prophecy: (brillinat)
The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1) by Michael Carroll

try percy jackson:(my all time fav)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

try The chronicals of vladimir: Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #1) by Heather Brewer

try the chronicals of Narnia: The Chronicles of Narnia (#1-7) by C.S. Lewis

try eragon: one of my favs Eragon (Inheritance, #1) by Christopher Paolini

try....i have LOADS more...lets just start with these

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Cool! Thanks!

message 3: by Cartle (new)

Cartle Love♥ Princess of the Midnight Ball Princess of Glass These two books are really good Princess of the Midnight Ball was the first and Princess of Glass was the second. They are fantasy/adventure type of book with a little sweet romance. I loved them!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Try: The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner This book is right up there with the hunger games though a little less gory.

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Mar 06, 2012 02:58PM) (new)

Goodreads recommendations are good but I think people are better. Especially when they've read the book ;)

So I LOVE dystopian and fantasy. And I don't care if its clean but i dont like books tooo gory. I'm fine with romance.

I LOVED The City of Ember (Books of Ember, #1) by Jeanne DuPrau and the entire series
I loved The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins but it was a little too gory for me.
ALL TIME FAV BOOK: Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth
Thinking of reading Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver

Could you give me any suggestions?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Delirium (other topics)
The Hunger Games (other topics)
Divergent (other topics)
The City of Ember (other topics)
The Maze Runner (other topics)
More...