Zombies! discussion

Free Books (Kindle/Ebook/Etc) > Free Kindle Books about Zombies

Comments (showing 1-50 of 2,838) (2838 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 56 57

message 1: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments If anyone notices a free Kindle book about Zombies, please post a link for it to this discussion topic. Here are some I've recently "purchased" that are still free:

A Very Good Man (Dead End)

A Very Good Neighbor (Dead End)

Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 205

Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 305

Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502

Deadlocked

Circus of the Dead

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) | 15 comments I loved the Primrose Court stories.

And Deadlocked is REALLY good!

message 3: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments Deadlocked is the only one from that list that I've read so far, and I rated it 4 stars.

I just started on A Very Good Man. Not impressed so far, but I'm still reading, so I guess that's a good sign?

There were about five or so I picked up free last month, but they are no longer free. I figure if they're free, I can always stop reading and delete them if I don't like them.

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven (TBones) | 94 comments Thanks for the links :0) These books sound great.

message 5: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Winning | 43 comments Thank you! Just added Deadlocked.

Ok, one that I recently grabbed was Zombies Eat Lawyers. It's hilarious. I feel like it was written by some bitter legal assistant as a big F-You. It's free, so you have nothing to lose :)

message 6: by Morrigan (last edited Mar 12, 2012 11:49AM) (new)

Morrigan (MorriganAlexandros) | 9 comments Didn't like zombies eat lawyers. Had no....objective other than to complain.

I'll try deadlocked next. Thanks for listing it.

message 7: by Dana (new)

Dana (Dana_Fredsti) | 116 comments I just read one Primrose Court story. Thanks for the links! oh, and if there are ones on sale for .99 cents would you also want to know about them? I get notifications for sales a lot.

message 8: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments How about a separate discussion topic for cheap/sale books? I think there are a number of regular-priced 99-centers.

I agree on Zombies Eat Lawyers, Charleen. It was OK to start with, but got tedious after a while. I only finished it because it was a short story.

I finished the Dead End series and ended up liking it. Not a lot of zombie action in the first book. More about the dynamics of group survival. However, it went off to a weird place about 2/3rds of the way through the first book. I wasn't happy with the twist initially, but I like where it ended up. I'll definitely get the next book in the series if one is published.

message 9: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments The Rift Series books are currently free on Amazon:

The Fall: An Undead Apocalypse (The Rift Book I)

Dead Of Winter (The Rift Book II)

Death Springs Eternal (The Rift Book III)

No opinion, as I haven't read them yet.

message 10: by Dana (new)

Dana (Dana_Fredsti) | 116 comments Thanks, Randy. My Kindle is now fat and happy with free zombie books!

message 11: by David P (last edited Mar 12, 2012 09:21PM) (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Don't stuff yourself yet! Voyage of the Dead will be FREE on March 15th (Thursday). The date is important (if you've read the book) and, if not, it will give you time to read it and spread the virus before the Zombie Apocalypse hits on April 1, 2012.

The FREE download will be at http://www.amazon.com/Voyage-Dead-Sov...

The next book in the Sovereign Spirit Saga will also be released later this month (before Z-Day). Any help spreading the virus is appreciated!

Thanks for the heads up, Randy.
You the man and #1 fan!

message 12: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Randy wrote: "The Rift Series books are currently free on Amazon:

The Fall: An Undead Apocalypse (The Rift Book I)

Dead Of Winter (The Rift Book II)

Death Springs Eternal (The Rift Book III)

No opinion, as ..."

I grabbed them all earlier today. ;)

message 13: by Dana (new)

Dana (Dana_Fredsti) | 116 comments David wrote: "Don't stuff yourself yet! Voyage of the Dead will be FREE on March 15th (Thursday). The date is important (if you've read the book) and, if not, it will give you time to read it a..."

I NEVER am too full for another zombie book. They go so well with a glass of wine... :-)

message 14: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments Just a reminder that:

Voyage of the Dead

...is free for today (Thursday, 3/15) only.

I read this one earlier this year on Amazon's Prime Lending program and rated it a 5, so I'm anxiously awaiting the 2nd book in the series.

Just My Bucking Book Blog (justmybuckingbook) Thanks Randy :)

message 16: by Dana (new)

Dana (Dana_Fredsti) | 116 comments Thanks for the hot tip!

message 17: by Steven (new)

Steven (TBones) | 94 comments I checked out the Rift Series and they weren't free, what date were they or will they be free on Amazon?

message 18: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Just a reminder, Voyage of the Dead is FREE today at http://www.amazon.com/Voyage-Dead-Sovere... and has moved up on the free rankings to #32 in horror and #9 in sci-fi-adventure (#650 overall). Thanks to all who are helping to make that happen. If it gets close to #1 in either category, I will extend the promotion one more day.

Special thanks to Randy for mentioning it here and elsewhere, as well as the 5 star review!

message 19: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments Steven -- I think the Rift series was only free for 2 days. Lately I've noticed a lot of free offers that are only available for 1 or 2 days. I don't know if it's some kind of policy/program change at Amazon, or if it's just a coincidence?

message 20: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Randy, books enrolled in the new KDP (Prime Lending Library that you used to read Voyage of the Dead ) get 5 free days every 90 days for promotions. Authors have to use them wisely. I used all 5 of the intro edition to promote the release of the full book. Today is the first of my FREE days for Voyage of the Dead and I hope it will promote the release of "Flotilla of the Dead" at the end of this month.

message 22: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments David -- All the more reason for topics like this one, to get the word out quickly within a specific genre.

message 23: by David P (last edited Mar 15, 2012 05:21PM) (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Absolutely. I was just explaining why so many books are only free for 24 to 48 hours. Author's only get 120 hours free every 3 months on KDP and need to spread them out and make them count.

Thanks for this thread! Voyage of the Dead is currently at #6 in free sci-fi-adventure and #29 in Horror. Seven hours to go, but I might extend the promo another day if it keeps climbing. That's the catch, you see, it takes all day to get high enough to be noticed much...

message 24: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments FREE promotion extended one more day! Voyage of the Dead broke into the top ten in both Sci Fi and Horror (still in the top 20 of each) and I couldn't bring myself to pull the plug! lol

message 26: by Steven (new)

Steven (TBones) | 94 comments Thanks Shauna, I look forward to reading your book soon

message 27: by Steven (new)

Steven (TBones) | 94 comments Sorry...Shaun ... These Kindle buttons are kinda small for my fat fingers :0)

message 28: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 36 comments Lol. No problem. I've been called worse ;)

message 29: by Steven (new)

Steven (TBones) | 94 comments I should probably use the little stylus thing that came with this thing :0)

message 30: by Darrell (new)

Darrell (DarellT) | 4 comments reading a free copy of extinction point.good writing but why, why, why did he make the lead a woman??? sorry girls,but you are just too fragile.now im gonna get it

message 31: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee D. (ashlee_d) | 1 comments Score! As I went through the entire post, about 50/50 truly free as of today...those not free were for amazon prime members. Good deal. Keep it rocking. Sorry, I have nothing to add but my gratitude.

message 32: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments A few items I noticed were free today:

The Pied Piper of the Undead
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007L9US32

The Shuffling Dead (Box set)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JC7E42

I Zombie
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007J930O8

message 33: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Great thread, Randy! Keep up the good work. I'll be checking your list daily and spreading the news.
I grabbed the box set. :)

Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books) (goodreadscomHermyoni) | 278 comments I grabbed the box set and The Pied Piper of the Undead. Thanks for the headsup.

message 35: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments A Pallid Waste (Things Dead and Dying) [Kindle Edition] is free at:
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007IKK4EW/

I haven't read this and it doesn't have any reviews yet, but the author had a creative pitch that hooked me:

"Take it from the experts:

Milt Magwell of the Greater Calgary Coupon Clipper opines: "... It's a book..."

Polly Pragledder of the Fort Worth Thrifty Nickle gushes: "... I read it..."

Neal Buttinfront of the Salina Plains Used Auto Trader raves: "Get off of my porch."

As one can plainly see, the critics LOVE it! And you will too!

SEE: A fabled and remorseless killer drenched in the blood of mankind.
SEE: Treachery and betrayal so cruel, you'll say, "NO!"
SEE: Redemption so beautiful, you'll say "YES!"
SEE: Trendiness ('cuz there's zombies in it).
SEE: Mayhem, tomfoolery and affected modes of speech.

All foolishness aside, this book deals with mature subject matter and it is not funny. For those of you who like your fiction greasy, this might be for you. The Pallid Waste is the first installment of Things Dead and Dying and is a tale of reinvention through destruction. It's gory, bleak and fun, at least for those who enjoy dark fantasy and horror. I hope you'll try it out and post a review. Thanks.

A Pallid Waste is book 1 of the Things Dead and Dying series. Watch for book 2, A Broken Coast, in June 2012.

message 36: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments Just downloaded a few more free ones:

Zomboro Virus
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OCQ6I4

LZR-1143: Perspectives
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004X29R8M

Air (Elements of the Undead, Book Two)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P8CFB4

message 37: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments I read Perspectives. It made me want to read LZR someday.

By the way, I am learning that the free promotions do seem to work. Voyage of the Dead is now in the top 5,000 on Kindle and just made it to #85 on the PAID Science Fiction Adventure list! Being ranked in the top 100 on ANY Amazon list is fantastic.

message 38: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments The free promotion did seem to help out Paul Jones with Extinction as well. But I would think one issue with the free promotions is that people hesitate to actually buy a book.

Right now, I have over 1000 books under "Manage Your Kindle". I've probably only paid for about a dozen of them. All the rest were free. Just today, I downloaded 14 free books. Well, 14 items. Many of the free items are short stories or novelettes.

It's one reason I started using GoodReads -- so I could keep better track of them using the bookshelves.

message 39: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Yes, I have more than a few free books waiting for me in The Cloud. I think many of the sales for Voyage of the Dead over the past two months came from people who downloaded the free intro edition over Christmas and are just getting around to reading it now.

But, back on topic, I just grabbed "Axe to Grind"(Bouble Barrel #1) at http://www.amazon.com/Grind-Double-Ba... It seems to be a Civil War zombie thriller. Free on Amazon at the moment.

message 40: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments Just downloaded another free one:

Windy City of the Dead (Dark Bites)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041VYKJ6

message 41: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments The Best New Zombie Tales (Volumes 1, 2 & 3) is FREE at http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Tales-Tr... (regular price is $8.99)

message 42: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Randy, I ended up downloading the Pied Piper of the Undead after I saw that it was about someone hiding from zombies on a water tower. Sound familiar? ;)

message 43: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments "Zombies" is free at http://www.amazon.com/Zombies-ebook/d... [4 stars on 2 reviews]

Haven't read it, but the promo sounds interesting:

"...George has had a really bad start to his day. It gets worse when the Zombie apocalypse happens, and people whom he has never even met actually do want to find out what his spleen tastes like (chicken, most likely, everything does, eventually, and with enough mayo). Now that everyone he knows has turned into flesh-eating monsters (well …. except for his ex-wife; she was always a tad blood-thirsty anyway), what’s a man to do but grab the first-aid box, the lunchbox and the ammo box and head for the hills.

Zombies were people too …

What kind of Zombie outbreak would take it’s chances in the leafy suburbs of Johannesburg, South Africa, undisputed crime-capital of the world? What kind of Zombie outbreak would happen in Johannesburg, a place where even the pitbulls go around in pairs? A place where you can hide a brainless body for years simply by electing it? What kind of outbreak indeed?

This one, that’s what! Zombies have never had it this bad before … There’s gunfire, explosions, hostage-taking, dismemberment, immolation and disembowelment … and that’s only the pest control companies fighting the annual rat infestation...."

message 44: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Zombies in a Nazi concentration camp?
http://www.amazon.com/Ezcape-from-Sob...

message 45: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments Voyage of the Dead Introductory First Look [[ASIN:B006MGO9P8 Voyage of the Dead - Introductory First Look (Sovereign Spirit Saga)]] is FREE 3/21 and 3/22. This is the 30,000 word cliffhanging introduction to the Sovereign Spirit Saga. Watch for the release of "Flotilla of the Dead" in less than two weeks!

Review of the full edition: “…Without a doubt one of the better Zombie books… What I liked about the story is the ‘end of the world’ because of Zombies is not a certainty. It is not one or two people trying to stay alive. There are pockets of people with a plan to fight back and to take back the earth. The story makes enough sense that it could be possible. This is a story about people trying to stay alive, not just killing hoards of the walking dead.”
Anthony Wessel reviewer at TheKindleBookReview.com and founder of DigitalBookToday.com

message 46: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1478 comments David wrote: ""Zombies" is free at http://www.amazon.com/Zombies-ebook/d... [4 stars on 2 reviews]"

I didn't care for this one at all. It had the same problem as Zombies Eat Lawyers -- trying to be a parody and witty at the same time as being a good zombie story, and failing on all fronts. I only finished both because they were short.

I did enjoy the LZR-1143 book though. Windy City was also OK, but it was about like reading a sample of a good book, which abruptly ends just as it was getting interesting. But both were short, so I think I would have been unhappy even paying $0.99 for them. Good thing they were free.

message 47: by Morrigan (new)

Morrigan (MorriganAlexandros) | 9 comments The Real Night of the Living Dead
http://www.amazon.com/Real-Night-Livi...

Havent read it but I stumbled upon it.

Just My Bucking Book Blog (justmybuckingbook) My Kindle is now jam packed with it's own Zombie collection. Thanks for the links everyone.

message 50: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (DaidPForsyth) | 386 comments David wrote: "Voyage of the Dead Introductory First Look [[ASIN:B006MGO9P8 Voyage of the Dead - Introductory First Look (Sovereign Spirit Saga)]] is FREE 3/21 and 3/22. This is the 30,000 word c..."

Amazon had a major glitch with my book yesterday. It was climbing the charts (#27 in free sci-fi-adventure) when it suddenly vanished from the whole Amazon website! They still haven't been able to restore the book. Needless to say, it was a failed promotion... :(

There will be another free promotion after the issue is resolved...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 56 57

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Zombies Eat Lawyers (other topics)
Voyage of the Dead (other topics)
Voyage of the Dead Introductory First Look (other topics)
Circus of the Dead (other topics)
Flotilla of the Dead (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Paul Antony Jones (other topics)
Rhiannon Frater (other topics)
Hugh Howey (other topics)
C.M. Wright (other topics)
Brian Clopper (other topics)
More...