Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Add To My Update Feed

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 84 comments I really do not want any updates (other than when a friend had reviewed a book). When I click on any discussion thread - even though I've already marked the thread "NO updates" I still have to "uncheck" the little box at the bottom that says "Add to my Update Feed."

Is there any way to permanently turn this off? It's annoying as heck to have to click that box each and every time I look at a thread.

message 2: by Mona (new)

Mona  (k1721m) | 22 comments Book Concierge : Try going to your profile. Across the top, there are tabs and one of them is "Feeds." There is a list of activities that will post to your update feed if the box is checked. If you uncheck the one for posting on a thread, maybe that will work.

message 3: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (last edited Mar 05, 2012 08:34AM) (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
The "add to my update feed" box is actually associated with the comment box above it. If you leave a comment and un-check that box, your comment will not be added to your profile's feed or to the feeds of your friends. The box has nothing to do with what notifications you will receive.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 84 comments Thanks for the clarification Kara ... but is there a way to permanently turn this "off" ... I don't want this comment as an update to anyone else, and I certainly don't want emails in my box regarding it.

For me, it just trashes up the site.

message 5: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Yes, there is. Go to your feeds tab and remove "Comment on a book or group discussion board".

message 6: by Mona (new)

Mona  (k1721m) | 22 comments Yes -- that's what I said in my comment.

message 7: by Book Concierge (last edited Mar 05, 2012 06:53PM) (new)

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 84 comments Mona & Kara --- Thank you .... that's exactly the information I needed!

message 8: by Mona (new)

Mona  (k1721m) | 22 comments You're welcome :)

unread topics | mark unread