The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood, #1) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants discussion

Book Review

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessica The book that I read had a picture of Bridget wearing her sports bra on the front cover.... Don't worry, it wasn't horny but it did have some romance. The book was great but I wouldn't reccomend the first movie because I thought it was way to emotional. I loved the four sisters although, Carmen lived with her Mum but visits her Dad in the summer and she was always furious and bitchy at times, (excuse my language!) Lena was unique, beautiful and didn't know it- she wasn't even into boys much. Bridget, she was sporty, going off to a soccer camp and, well, I reckon shes prettier but she was definately sexier and she was all over boys- nearly having sex with her soccer coach, (shocking!) Poor old Tibby was a bit of a rebel, had a body like a kid and was depressed at times because she made friends with a twelve year old dying of leukemia. I would reccomend this book to 10 year olds and up, but only read it if your into sad books, a bit of romance and, well, maybe if your a bit cheeky at times. Hehe!

Here's one of my favourite quotes from the book;

Love is like war: easy to begin, hard to end.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Ward Love the quote, but hate the language Jessica!! I've never read this book but unless she really is the bad guy, she doesn't deserve to be called 'bitchy'. :)

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Ward Mind you, Bridget IS a bit of a slut.

Gerd You mind "bitchy" but have no problem with calling another character a "slut"?
Hmm...

Lydia Oh my god! The author of this book is my great aunt! (or something like that :))

Jessica I think shes a bit of both....

Megan Quinn I don't the girls were either bitchy or slutty. We shouldn't feel the need to call characters in a book names. I enjoyed the book and have read all the follow ones to it.

Kelsey Wuerstl I wouldn't call Bridget a "slut" , but rather a free spirit . She likes to have fun and I don't think that makes her a slut . She can be irresponsible , but her free-spirit and fearless-ness is what really made me like her . She was never afraid.

Charlotte Kelsey wrote: "I wouldn't call Bridget a "slut" , but rather a free spirit . She likes to have fun and I don't think that makes her a slut . She can be irresponsible , but her free-spirit and fearless-ness is wha..."

Yh she was definatly fearless, I loved this series :)

Charlotte Btw love that quote!

Samantha Bridget isn't always bad *sometimes* she thinks things through

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (other topics)