Writers and Readers discussion

Featured Book Spotlights > On Dark Shores: The Lady

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1829 comments Mod
Trapped in fear and poverty after the death of her parents, the thief Nereia will go to desperate lengths to protect her beautiful younger sister from the brutality of Copeland the moneylender. No-one has dared to attempt escape before; the whole of Scarlock trembles in his grasp. Only Nereia’s cunning and some unlooked-for help give her hope....

In a country still recovering from war, events are stirring, and the little harbour-town will not remain obscure for long; but in Scarlock, right now, Mr Copeland is coming to call.

Note: The author J.A. Clement has graciously offered the group one free copy of this ebook as a giveaway for March. Any and all that leave a comment here will be entered in a draw.

On Dark Shores The Lady by J.A. Clement

message 2: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 15 comments Great giveaway! JA rocks!

message 3: by M.T. (last edited Mar 10, 2012 12:51PM) (new)

M.T. McGuire (MTMcGuire) | 47 comments This is a cracking book, thoroughly recommended. Don't enter me for the giveaway, though because I have a copy and it would be a waste if a freebie! ;-) Whoever wins it, though, you're in for a treat. Think Ursula Le Guin kind of style.

Cheers

MTM

message 4: by A.F. (last edited Mar 10, 2012 02:13PM) (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1829 comments Mod
MTM wrote: "This is a cracking book, thoroughly recommended. Don't enter me for the giveaway, though because I have a copy and it would be a waste if a freebie! ;-) Whoever wins it, though, you're in for a tre..."

I made the same comparasion to Le Guin in my review, with a little Dickens mixed in.

message 5: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 105 comments LeGuin and Dickens. Sounds great! And I'd love the chance to read it.

message 6: by Lizze (new)

Lizze Gorski | 2 comments I'm more than a little intrigued by the comparisons being made. Enter me for a chance, please! :-)

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann Lee (goodreadscomAnnlee) | 39 comments The title alone sounds good. Do not want to be enter in the free book win. I will add this book to my list to read. It sounds like one that I will not be able to put down.

message 8: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (JAClement) | 29 comments Hi All - sorry for such a late reply here! My computer has taken a dislike to the site, but am hoping it's fixed now...

Comparisons to LeGuin and Dickens, oh my!! Greatly flattered of course but not sure I can stand up to that sort of expectations. However, to make up for not answering for two weeks I hope that Sheila and Elizabeth will both accept a copy for Book one?

Book two is currently in edits and coming on nicely (at least not getting onto Goodreads has had one upside - more editing time!) so I hope you will enjoy - and any comments, I'd love to hear them!

Sheila and Elizabeth, will message you for format.
Thanks for dropping by, all!
JAC

message 9: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 105 comments Thank you!

message 10: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Knight | 12 comments Sounds like a really good read. Please enter me for the giveaway. I use epub format. Thanks.

message 11: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (JAClement) | 29 comments Brenda, dropping you a message.
JAC

message 12: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 105 comments Should be reading this next week according to my schedule

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

On Dark Shores: The Lady (other topics)