Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > Your coffee cup

Comments (showing 1-50 of 224) (224 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments Post a picture of the coffee mug, cup, tea receptacle, etc. you drank out of today. No glasses (unless you drink your hot beverage from a glass).

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments You're a Yalie, LG?

message 3: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments No...I stole that from the family home.

message 4: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Any particular family's home?

The photo is not mine, but this is identical to the coffee mug I use in the morning.

message 5: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments My family's home.

I've discovered that there is a perfect coffee mug: perfect ratio of height to width, perfect thickness of ceramic, perfect size and shape of handle. Once you've held it in your hand and sipped from it, every other mug feels inadequate. (The Yale mug is not perfect...somehow, it feels too dense.)

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments I agree. The Grant Wood mug seems perfect to me for coffee. I have a slightly larger mug that I prefer for tea, as I usually make tea one mug at a time rather than preparing a full pot, so a bigger mug works a bit better.

message 7: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments I agree. I usually drink tea to warm up, and the bigger the mug the more I can warm up.

I'm also bothered by mugs with angled sides, like

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda Cee (LindaCee) | 292 comments Cat *chilling with the Doctor* wrote: "

This is my coffee mug."

Of course it is! :) (now where can I get one?)

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda Cee (LindaCee) | 292 comments My mug is plain, black and boring :( I used to have a wicked witch of the west mug but somebody chipped it.

message 10: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments May as well post it early....this will be my mug tomorrow.

message 11: by Janice (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) Here's the mug that I use every day.

Photobucket

message 12: by Linda (new)

Linda Cee (LindaCee) | 292 comments Janice wrote: "Here's the mug that I use every day.

"

Oh, that is lovely!!

message 13: by Janice (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) Thanks Linda.

message 14: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 2538 comments Since reading the tea thread here, I'm a convert. This is the ceramic mug in which I brew Darjeeling tea. Good alternative to a teapot.

message 15: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11390 comments I don't have a mug. I was going to post a picture of my face, but LG was quite specific about what she wants.

message 16: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 2538 comments Must follow the rules.

***thinks we may be missing out on a good mug shot***

message 17: by Louise (new)

Louise | 497 comments Scout wrote: "Must follow the rules.

***thinks we may be missing out on a good mug shot***"

Unless mug shots are not your cup of tea?
:-)

This is mine

description

I also have two with pictures of my kids :-)

message 18: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 2538 comments Cool mug. Phil's might be, too.

message 19: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 5880 comments

message 20: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Louise wrote: "Scout wrote: "Must follow the rules.

***thinks we may be missing out on a good mug shot***"
Unless mug shots are not your cup of tea?
:-)

This is mine

I also have two with pictures of my k..."

Both of my favorite mugs are Nightmare Before Christmas mugs, too. I can't find any pictures of them though. I'll have to try and take one with my husband's phone later today.

message 21: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments My tea mug:

It has some matching pals, a striped tea pot, striped mugs, and an identical twin.

message 22: by Heidi (last edited Mar 02, 2012 12:43PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10821 comments This is why Dave & Buster's is and will always be way cooler than Chuck E. Cheese:

Best coffee mug ever. It's HUGE & not too heavy.

message 23: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments

message 24: by Barb (new)

Barb | 11246 comments Mod
Not actually my mug ... because it's at work on my desk ... but this is what it looks like.

message 25: by Jammies (new)

Jammies I generally use one of my kogimugs. I am too lazy to look for separate pictures, but here is a pic of most of them:

The one I'm using today is on the top far right of the bottom shelf, the grey one with pink flowers.

message 26: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments I like your mugs!

message 27: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 3793 comments They're great! I like the dogs on the bottom right hand side.

message 28: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11390 comments Kogimugs!

message 29: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10821 comments What's a "kojimug"? This is new to me! I MUST know what it is and why it is special.

message 30: by Barb (new)

Barb | 11246 comments Mod
Did Koji make all those? I really like the one on the bottom with the green stripes.

message 31: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments I like this thread.

message 32: by Jammies (last edited Mar 05, 2012 08:15AM) (new)

Jammies Heidi wrote: "What's a "kojimug"? This is new to me! I MUST know what it is and why it is special."

A kogimug is made by my friend kogijiki, who is a member here when we can winkle her out from her cave and is also a very talented potter. Her Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/kogijiki

Barb, yes. :D

evie, those are my first two dogs, Stormy and Beau. Kogi also did mugs for each dog and their urns when the sad days came.

kogijiki (covered in mud) (kogijiki) | 235 comments Awww, thanks guys! I also make insanely huge mugs so be careful or a pot of coffee may fit in them.

I'm also kinda slow right now due to the MS but I do still do them.

message 34: by Jammies (new)

Jammies kogibutt just did the awesomest mug for my new/old doggie!

kogijiki (covered in mud) (kogijiki) | 235 comments Thanks Jammies! <3

message 36: by Heidi (last edited Mar 05, 2012 02:20PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10821 comments kogijiki (covered in mud) wrote: "Thanks Jammies! <3"

Holy moley! You're the mugmaker! :)

I'm very impressed, ma'am.

message 37: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 3793 comments kogijiki (covered in mud) wrote: "Awww, thanks guys! I also make insanely huge mugs so be careful or a pot of coffee may fit in them.

I'm also kinda slow right now due to the MS but I do still do them."

You are very talented.

kogijiki (covered in mud) (kogijiki) | 235 comments Thank you! <3

message 39: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Those are great mugs, jammies! And Kogi, seeing as your very talented hands made them. I always wanted to throw pottery, but didn't have the time to use the studio when I was in the class, so I stuck to hand building some very ugly jugs.

message 40: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments ::waits for it::

message 41: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "::waits for it::"

(You caught that, huh? I was going to edit it, but I want to see what happens...)

message 42: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments Nothing, let's hope.

message 43: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (LaurinLooLoo) | 1631 comments No hot beverage today.

message 44: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11390 comments Amber ~Geektastic~ wrote: "... so I stuck to hand building some very ugly jugs. "

Aw, Amber. I'm sure you have very nice jugs.

message 45: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11390 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "::waits for it::"

Sorry, I was visiting the FIL.

message 46: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17267 comments Mod
"I like this thread," Lg said. Sally wholeheartedly agreed with her.

message 47: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments I just wish I could find pix of my mugs online. I can't find any of them. I hate depriving onlookers of the beauty of my mugs.

message 48: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17267 comments Mod

kogijiki (covered in mud) (kogijiki) | 235 comments The placemat is my favorite part of that picture. Always a good reminder as you are waking up to your coffee (And nice size on the mug as well. )

message 50: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments That's a placemat?? I assumed that was instructional materials for Sally's students...

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread