Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Team Peeta or Gale

Comments (showing 1-50 of 71) (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3844 comments Mod
There is another war going on besides the usual Edward vs. Jacob. Are you Team Peeta or Team Gale? Why and what part of the book made you choose a side?

message 2: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Sheri | 9844 comments Mod
I've always liked Gale through the whole series. I don't know why, I guess Peeta just struck me as too emotionally and physically weak. (view spoiler) Gale, on the other hand, was independent and able to take care of himself. He had strong opinions and wasn't afraid to follow them.

message 3: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 341 comments Sheri wrote: "I've always liked Gale through the whole series. I don't know why, I guess Peeta just struck me as too emotionally and physically weak. [spoilers removed] Gale, on the other hand, was independen..."

i agree with you, though i never minded Peeta, Gale just seemed like he'd be better for her. but that's just my opinion.

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I also like Gale best<3 he just seems best...

message 5: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Mar 01, 2012 07:27PM) (new)

Peeta was super sweet and would make a great boyfriend/husband, but I don't think him and Katniss really fit together :)

message 6: by Tanecia , The bookworm (last edited Feb 17, 2015 08:29PM) (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3844 comments Mod
I can't choose yet because I haven't finished the whole series but I'm leaning more torwards Peeta because I see him more in the book

message 7: by Hope (new)

Hope | 37 comments I'm a Team Peeta girl. Like Katniss, I couldn't decide, not until the last book, and then I too fell in love with the boy with the bread.

message 8: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Linwood (Alycia_Linwood) | 82 comments Team Peeta, although he's not really my type of guy. At first I was annoyed that he seemed so weak, but then I was thinking: strong girl, weaker guy, why not? XD But that bread scene definitely won me over. And I didn't care for Gale from the beginning, not sure why. But in the end I feel like Peeta is the only one for Katniss because his gentless is exactly what she needs. :)

message 9: by Juliana (new)

Juliana (JulezRussell) | 175 comments Gale, guys. Gale all the way.

message 10: by Sannie (new)

Sannie Hald (SannieHald) | 298 comments I have only read the first book and even though Gale is not a huge part of it I like him way better than Peeta. He just seemed weak and too sweet to me. But then again he was severely injured, but.. still..

message 11: by tif (new)

tif (tiftoland) | 24 comments I was Team Gale throughout all of the first two books. I liked Peeta a lot, it's just part of my nature to root for the longtime friends to be together, I guess. Happens to me in almost every book/movie/tv show. But in Mockingjay, I didn't feel like Gale and Katniss were really compatible anymore. (view spoiler)

message 12: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Walker | 1 comments Team Peeta!!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I really hope Hunger Games doesn't turn into such a lame trend, like Twilight, because these books were actually well written and enjoyable.
This team blahblahblah stuff is so irritating.

Diana (Mrs. Barrons) (dashichka) | 78 comments Sheri wrote: "I've always liked Gale through the whole series. I don't know why, I guess Peeta just struck me as too emotionally and physically weak. [spoilers removed] Gale, on the other hand, was independen..."

Sheri, took the words right out of my mouth.

message 15: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Julia wrote: "I really hope Hunger Games doesn't turn into such a lame trend, like Twilight, because these books were actually well written and enjoyable.
This team blahblahblah stuff is so irritating."

I love playing along! I just hope the movie is good enough that it doesn't ruin the books...like the Twilight movies did.

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess (Jelicream) Gale all the way! He wasn't really in the first two books, but I thought he was a stronger character than Peeta. To me Peeta didn't seem real, he seemed TOO protective and just sappy to be honest.. I'm not saying that I don't like him, because I DO, i just prefer Gale. :)

Melissa | BookBFF (harleybearbooks) I liked Peeta better. Especially when Gale is more violent minded (If you read the third book you'll know what I mean). Peeta was a little too emotional, but who wouldn't be you can't blame him. He's loved her forever.

Here's something I found on a friend's fb. It's kinda long, but interesting http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9QaEb0/...

message 18: by Big (new)

Big BlankSpace (BigBlankSpace) | 1 comments I like Gale better because i thought that if Peeta hadn't cut in, they'd have a real chance to show some real romance, unlike Peeta's which feels fake and forced

message 19: by Ian (new)

Ian (magicboyd5) i like gale because he seems more like the right guy for katniss

message 20: by Albert (new)

Albert | 20 comments I am on book two of the Hunger Games and have to side with Gale!

message 21: by Ana (new)

Ana (Farogiron) | 42 comments Team Peeta I love him he was so darn sweet he helped Katnis out so much.

message 22: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 553 comments I'm Team Both! I can see where they're both coming from, and it just seems unfair to take a side. You can't help who you fall in love with! And it's not Katniss's fault she has to choose.

message 23: by Elise (new)

Elise (RedEntrapy) | 189 comments I've only read the first book and so I can't pick right now I like both.

Diana (Mrs. Barrons) (dashichka) | 78 comments Team Gale, Peeta was kinda weak. Gale was much stronger as a character.

message 25: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Mar 31, 2012 02:36PM) (new)

Photobucket Photobucket

message 26: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Mar 31, 2012 02:35PM) (new)

Photobucket

message 27: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Mar 31, 2012 02:38PM) (new)

Photobucket

message 28: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Yep, I've figured out how to use Photobucket so I'm having fun with pictures :)

message 29: by Mary (new)

Mary | 28 comments To me, the character of Gale never really got fleshed out. He seemed like more of an afterthought. Peeta was fine, maybe a little bland, but definitely the better of the two for me. I don't think I like the casting for him in the movie, though.

message 30: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Mary wrote: "To me, the character of Gale never really got fleshed out. He seemed like more of an afterthought. Peeta was fine, maybe a little bland, but definitely the better of the two for me. I don't think I..."

You're right that we never really got to know Gale. He wasn't a big part of the story at all until book three. He was more in Katniss's past and memories, and that's really how we got to know him.

⚝  Ŧáẅņá ⚝ (allforlost) | 479 comments I'm team Peeta. I know you guys are saying that he is weak, but I think a lot of the things he did shows that he was strong. (view spoiler)

message 32: by Baisakhi (new)

Baisakhi (cool_gal95) | 111 comments LOL...I do the same thing :D

I could never get myself to like Peeta. Sure, Gale and Katniss could have probably never worked out....but I still admire Gale for his personality and reassuring presence.

message 33: by Meg ♥ (new)

Meg ♥ (n00kl0v3r) Team Gale! :-)

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary | 28 comments I also don't see Peeta as weak. I think he always knew what he wanted. His weakness was Katniss. He proved over and over that he was willing to sacrifice his own safety for her. He also wanted to fight the capitol before she even realized she wanted to.

message 35: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Mar 06, 2012 09:44PM) (new)

I agree Peeta had his moments...and while we're talking about weak...(view spoiler)

message 36: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (twinmomstl) I love Peeta, but I agree with the pp that he and Katniss don't seem to go well together.

message 37: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (AlleyKat666) Team Peeta all the way! He just stuck with Katniss more and didn't hurt her in the end.

message 38: by Karina (new)

Karina Kantas | 67 comments Only 50% the way through, so I'm not going to read the previous posts.

Loving the book!

message 39: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Karina - LadyHawk wrote: "Only 50% the way through, so I'm not going to read the previous posts.

Loving the book!"

Let us know what you think when you've finished :)

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (Raellafox) | 8 comments Team Gale! He and Katnitss were a perfect couple! I thought Peeta was too tragic and whiny.

message 41: by Mary (new)

Mary | 28 comments Maybe if his name wasn't Gale, I would have warmed up to him. For some unknown reason, in my mind he's one of those short, cocky guys who spends too much time at the gym. I wonder if his casting in the movie will change my mind? Somehow I missed Peeta being whiny and I'm usually very sensitive to (and irritated by) that. I just thought he was a bit of a doormat- when it came to Katniss, anyway.

message 42: by Kati (new)

Kati (KatiGizmo) | 6 comments Peeta for me <3 not that i hated Gale or anything, i just liked Peeta more

message 43: by ⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝ (last edited Mar 08, 2012 06:10PM) (new)

⚝  Ŧáẅņá ⚝ (allforlost) | 479 comments I changed Gale's name in my head to Galin. For some reason I kept thinking of him as a chick until I did that...lol. So maybe that's why I ended up not liking him as much.

message 44: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Thorne | 5 comments Sheri wrote: "Peeta was super sweet and would make a great boyfriend/husband, but I don't think him and Katniss really fit together :)"

I am with you. I have to finish reading the series before I can decide, but I am leaning toward Peeta. I like Gale he seems like a hottie but didn't make a move until after Peeta. I can't wait to finish the series.

message 45: by Mary (new)

Mary | 28 comments ⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝ wrote: "I changed Gale's name in my head to Galin. For some reason I kept thinking of him as a chick until I did that...lol. So maybe that's why I ended up not liking him as much."

Why didn't I think of that?

message 46: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 976 comments Team Gale! But it might change once I see the movie lol

message 47: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 360 comments When I was reading the books, I was all about Peeta, but after seeing the actors, I've switched allegiances to Gale, lol.

message 48: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) I was Team Gale all the up until the middle/end of Mockingjay. Then I jumped ship to Team Peeta because of his loyalty, I guess.

message 49: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) Michelle L. wrote: "When I was reading the books, I was all about Peeta, but after seeing the actors, I've switched allegiances to Gale, lol."

lol

message 50: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 360 comments Jenifer wrote: "Michelle L. wrote: "When I was reading the books, I was all about Peeta, but after seeing the actors, I've switched allegiances to Gale, lol."

lol"

I'm all about eye candy ;)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread