Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > Nominate April's Book! **VOTING CLOSED!**

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Mar 16, 2012 03:19AM) (new)

Rachel Brand | 2051 comments Mod
Can you believe that we're this far into the year already? Crazy!

As usual, please nominate an author we haven't already read this year. Right now, Anna Schmidt, Jerry S. Eicher and Suzanne Woods Fisher are out of bounds.

Rules:
1. Any Amish-themed novel is eligible.
2. One nomination per person.
3. If two people nominate the same book, each person's vote counts. So the book will feature twice in the list to give each vote an equal chance.
4. Nominations are open from the 1st until the 14th of the month, and Diane will let us know which book has won on the 15th.
5. The winning book is chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
6. Please don't nominate a book we have already read. You can see our list of previous group reads here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...
7. Only nominate the first book in a series UNLESS we have already read #1 (see above link). In this case, #2 is then eligible for nomination!

Start nominating!

Nominations so far:
1. Patchwork Dreams by Laura V. Hilton (Diane)
2. Levi's Will by Dale W. Cramer (Lorie)
3. Running Around (And Such) by Linda Byler (Rachel)
4. Paradise Valley by Dale W. Cramer (Kate)
5. Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena Miller (Barbara Ann)
6. Along Wooded Paths by Tricia Goyer (Camille)
7. Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena Miller (Shaz)

WINNER! #5 Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena Miller

Diane U (djuseless) | 1438 comments Mod
I would like to nominate:

Patchwork Dreams by Laura V. Hilton

I'm going to nominate one I borrowed a LONG time ago from Lynne, Running Around (And Such) by Linda Byler.

Kate (liahonagirl) | 108 comments I just checked to be sure, and this one hasn't been read by the group yet, so I nominate Paradise Valley by Dale W. Cramer.

Last day to nominate! We only have four suggestions so far... :)

Cool, I read 2 of the 4 already and I already own the other 2. That'll help keep my book budget in check this month! LOL!

I'm picking tomorrow!

P.S. I like your new picture Rachel, I can see you better now! :)

Barbara Ann | 862 comments I've read one of the four suggestions and have the other 3, so I'm gonna throw another book in the ring. How about Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena Miller? It's be on my to-read list.

Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena Miller

Camille (CamilleElise) | 872 comments I nominate Along Wooded Paths by Tricia Goyer! I believe we read book 1 as a group read already!

Shaz (zabooksihaveread) | 77 comments I will also nominate Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena Miller as I own a copy of this book and have it in my pile of books to be read.

Awesome, I'll add your votes to the list and then Diane can pick the book when she logs in later today!

Yep, Camille, we read book #1 a few months ago :)

Camille wrote: "I nominate Along Wooded Paths by Tricia Goyer! I believe we read book 1 as a group read already!"

Oooh, I've been wanting to read the second book but I just haven't got around to it yet!

I'll be back in a minute to post April's group read!!!

Okay, the selection has been made using random.org for April's group read. It will be:

#5 - Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio by Serena Miller

Thanks to Barbara Ann for the nomination!

Tricia Goyer (triciagoyer) | 7 comments Thanks for the Along Wooded Paths nominations! :) You guys are a great group. Even if you pick another book I APPRECIATE ALL of you!!

Sarah (MissCalico) | 133 comments Have y'all read Something Old by Diane Christner already? If not, I nominate it! :)

Sorry Sarah, I already picked our read for April. But please save that nomination for next month, it sounds great!

Sarah (MissCalico) | 133 comments Oops! Sorry. *blush*