Wind, Sand and Stars Wind, Sand and Stars discussion

This is so good it makes my teeth hurt

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jody Kidney This novel is to me what Herodotus's The Histories was to the narrator in that novel The English Patient.

I've marked my copy of this book up, too. It has become my guide. I think it's one of the best things ever written in the English language, and every time I re-read it, I cry. Like, a lot!

Also the writer was a world class Lover, and he wrote that really creepy childrens' book The Little Prince, but I'm trying to forget that lapse, 'cause the book is that good.

Read it; it's kinda my polestar.

Jamus Sumner I agree with you about Wind, Sand and Stars being incredible, but do you realize how much of TLP came directly from his experience in the desert? Also, if you can say you feel like that book is a guide, but you miss out on just how brilliant TLP is, I think you miss the very essence of St. Exupery. I know your post is 3 years old at this point, but if you happen upon this comment, give it another read with an open mind, and you'll see that so much of his wisdom, wanderlust, and grasp on humanity pours out of that book, even though it was written for children.

Heman Jody wrote: "This novel is to me what Herodotus's The Histories was to the narrator in that novel The English Patient.

I've marked my copy of this book up, too. It has become my guide. I think it's one of the..."

Well, the book is not written in English, and as such cannot be "one of the best things ever written in the English language"

And The Little Prince is creepy?! Wow! It is such a cute and sad story...kinda like Wind, Sand and Stars is.

Christopher Telcontar Wind Sand and Stars ought to take your breath away, aside from the odd last chapter during the Spanish civil war. It gives me a glimpse into something beyond just being an ordinary human living through the humdrum. He gave the impression of being able to see something of life that I can't grasp. Worth experiencing over and over.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Wind, Sand and Stars (other topics)