Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince discussion

Fave Harry Potter Book?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 72) (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by georgia (new)

georgia  -ωαт¢н ɱє fℓу- Seven to choose from... very hard descision but... I'd have to go for The Half Blood Prince, though there isn't one I dislike!

Kasey I honestly cant choose. I think either the last two. The books got better as they progressed.

Amanda They're all so important to each other that it's so hard to choose! Something huge is revealed in each book so I would almost feel like I was cheating the rest if I just picked one! I've always loved GOF for the drama of the Trwizard Tournament so it's def up there. I love how they get darker as they go along and I think this book really started to get dark as it was the first death of a good character with Diggory.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

Maura Mccormick Personally, I LOVED all of them, but my least favorite would have to be the Half-Blood Prince, and my favorite is probably the second. I would say that my favorite was the seventh, but I can't say that I loved the book in which Dobby died.

Olivia Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban:)

Danielle Prisoner of Azkaban was always my favorite. I thought that the end of that book was the point in which the series ceased to be merely a bunch of children's books. Every friend that I have that has not read the series, I tell them - look, just get to book #3, and if you can stop reading after that, I'll be amazed.

message 7: by Morgan (last edited Mar 03, 2012 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Morgan #6. Sorcer's Stone
#5. Chamber of Secrets
#1. Prisoner of Azkaban
#4. Goblet of Fire
#3. Order of the Phoenix
#7. Half Blood Prince
#2. Deathly Hallows
But I LOVED them all!

JazzyCat My order (1 is best):
1) Half-Blood Prince
2) Deathly Hallows
3) Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6)Order of Phoenix
7) Chamber of Secrets

Morgan ti amo wrote: "My order (1 is best):
1) Half-Blood Prince
2) Deathly Hallows
3) Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6)Order of Phoenix
7) Chamber of Secrets"

Why was Half Blood Prince your fav?

Morgan 1) Deathly Hallows
2) Prisoner of Azkaban
3) Half-Blood Prince
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6) Chamber of Secrets
7) Order of Phoenix (hated when Sirius died so this is more personal for me)

Morgan Morgan wrote: "1) Deathly Hallows
2) Prisoner of Azkaban
3) Half-Blood Prince
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6) Chamber of Secrets
7) Order of Phoenix (hated when Sirius died so this is more personal for me)"

Hey Morgan! I'm Morgan! I agree with Sirius' death. I cried. Both times I read the book.

Morgan Morgan wrote: "Morgan wrote: "1) Deathly Hallows
2) Prisoner of Azkaban
3) Half-Blood Prince
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6) Chamber of Secrets
7) Order of Phoenix (hated when Sirius died so this i..."

Nice to meet you Morgan :) I couldn't I was so angry because Harry just got him grrr so sad....

Morgan It was. And the Dumbledore! Poor Harry!

JazzyCat Morgan wrote: "ti amo wrote: "My order (1 is best):
1) Half-Blood Prince
2) Deathly Hallows
3) Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6)Order of Phoenix
7) Chamber of Secrets"

Why was..."

Well it was either that or Deathly Hallows. I dunno, I guess that I like all of the drama, and it was really funny. And they were at the school, instead of in the wilderness with a lot of seriousness.

JazzyCat LOL 2 Morgans!

Morgan ti amo wrote: "Morgan wrote: "ti amo wrote: "My order (1 is best):
1) Half-Blood Prince
2) Deathly Hallows
3) Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6)Order of Phoenix
7) Chamber of Secrets"

W..."

I loved Deathly Hallows! But now that I think of it I can't really say why Half Blood Prince was my least fav.

Morgan ti amo wrote: "LOL 2 Morgans!"

:D At my old school there were 8 of us!

Morgan Morgan wrote: "ti amo wrote: "LOL 2 Morgans!"

:D At my old school there were 8 of us!"

really there was only one of me in my entire school...my mom named me after Morgan Freeman....

Morgan I'm the only one at my new school. I love that we are talking as if we are clones. I don't think I was named after her, but Lorrie Morgan inspired my name.

Angela I'll choose The Deathly Hollows because it was so awesome and breath-taking! But I sure love all the 7 books :D

Barbara Murray I liked the first two, but Book 3 was the one that got me hooked!! I always loved Order of the Phoenix for the efforts of all Dumbledore's army, and I loved Luna!

message 22: by Prerna (last edited Mar 12, 2012 05:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Prerna when i first read the series, it used to be chamber of secrets but half blood prince is the one i enjoy re-reading the most so i guess it must be half blood prince.. i know prisoner of azkaban is my least favourite!

to give an order:
1) half blood prince
2) chamber of secrets
3) goblet of fire
4) deathly hollow
5) order of phoenix
6) philosopher's stone
7) prisoner of azkaban

JazzyCat Morgan wrote: "ti amo wrote: "My order (1 is best):
1) Half-Blood Prince
2) Deathly Hallows
3) Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Sorcerer's Stone
6)Order of Phoenix
7) Chamber of Secrets"

Why was..."

I know this is really late, but I chose Half-Blood Prince because I liked the love, and I liked the story a lot too. I would've chosen Deathly Hallows, but I didn't like that they weren't at the school, so #6 won.

message 24: by Anne (last edited Mar 20, 2012 02:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne 1. Deathly Hallows
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Order of the Phoenix
6. Sorcerer's Stone
7. Chamber of Secrets

It's so hard for me to pick a favorite...but it's not hard for me to pick a least favorite. I really didn't like the book much (although it does give some pretty important clues to the last book here!). I really miss Harry and wish JK would write another one. What do you think?

message 25: by Rose (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rose Deathly Hallows is my all-time favorite BOOK - not just in the series. It has to be the best ending to a series ever. I love how well the characters stay true to themselves. I love how each and every one of them has something to offer the story in such major and diverse ways. I love that not every one of them has a happy ending in spite of how much we hoped they all would. I love the ways it shows that friendship and loyalty are two of the most important things in life. And I love that even though Malfoy is a sick and twisted individual, Harry can NOT allow him to die a fiery death because it's simply not the kind of person he is. The person he IS comes through when he walks into the forest, willing to face his own death, afraid as he is, to save the lives of everyone else. There are so many reasons to love this book that I can't possibly list them all. So many nuances, tiny little details that stand out... I have to read it again!

Shatha J Dunno, but definitely not the half blood prince. That is my least favourite one.

message 27: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Goblet of Fire. Half-blood Prince is probably my second favorite.

message 28: by Yona (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yona I liked Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm a sucker for time travel and people who turn into animals. :) The 7th one is probably 2nd.

Ashlynn My Order is:
1) Deathly Hallows
2)Half-Blood Prince
3) Prisoner of Azkaban
4)Goblet of Fire
5) Chamber of Secrets
6) Sorcerer's Stone
7) Order of Phoenix

message 30: by Erik (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erik My order:
1.Chamber of Secrets (Best Book)
2.Goblet of Fire
3.Deathly Hallows
4.Philosopher's Stone
5.Order of the Phoenix
6.Half Blood Prince
7.Prisoner of Azkaban

message 31: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa I like them all, as we all do.
My order;
1. Prisoner of Azakaban
2. Chamber or Secrets
3. Deathly Hallows
4. Sorcerer's Stone
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Order of the Phoenix
7. Half-Blood Prince

Shelby Mine are..
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Half blood Prince
3. Order of the Phoenix
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Deathly Hallows
6. Sorcerer's Stone
7. Prisoner of Azkaban.

Shelby Kristin wrote: "Goblet of Fire. Half-blood Prince is probably my second favorite."

Goblet of fire is my favorite too by far!

Zkw617 My favorites:
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Half Blood Prince
3. Order of the Phoenix
4. Deathly Hallows
5. Chamber of Secrets
6. Prisoner of Azbakan
7. Sorcerers Stone

Brittany My favorite is Deathly Hallows because it ties everything together. My favorite chapter out of the whole series is in that book. I think its called A Prince's Tale, about Snape. I knew all along he was on the good side. :) Dumbledore is anything BUT stupid. :)

Pamela_b_lawrencemsn.com Chamber of Secrets - a ghost who lives in a toilet - absolutely brilliant!

andrea pacheco Totally love the Order of the Phoenix!!! I cried so hard when Sirius died.

Celine andrea wrote: "Totally love the Order of the Phoenix!!! I cried so hard when Sirius died."

I cried a little later when Dumbledore was talking to Harry about what happend

Ascel kadhem The Half-Blood Prince!! :)

Kendyl I can't choose between Globlet of fire and the prisoner of Askiban. I kind of want to watch the movies now. *turns on TV*

Mary B. Wow, so many people placed Order of the Phoenix towards the bottom of their lists... that one is my favorite. And I say it's my favorite primarily because I thought it was the best-written and contained the most story progression than any of the others. It was the one that most enraptured me because of the strong characterizations. I could not believe the extent of the EVIL that was Dolores Umbridge.

But it's always a toss-up between that one and Deathly Hallows.

Austinp Most certainly. I think this one was played out the best-- in the series

Stanton Prisoner of Azkaban. Rowling really hit her stride as a storyteller in book three, with genuine humor, tension, and ultimately humanity.

Ally*Mystique*Ketch My favorites:
1. Deathly Hallows
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Prisoner of Azkaban
6. Sorcerers Stone (Philosophers Stone)
7. Chamber of Secrets

message 46: by georgia (new)

georgia  -ωαт¢н ɱє fℓу- My order:
1) Half-blood Prince
2) Deathly Hallows
3) Goblet of Fire
4) Order of the Phoenix
5) Chamber of Secrets
6) Philosopher's Stone
7) Prisoner of Azkaban

Tina J Chamber Of Secrets for sure!
I've lost count with how many times I've read this book! lol

But Deathly Hallows is a close 2nd.
;-)

Veselina Ok, lets try this...
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Half-blood Prince
3. Deathly Hallows
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Prisoner of Azkaban
6. Philosopher's Stone
7. Order of the Phoenix

I guess 2 and 3 can swap their places but otherwise I think this is it ;))

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ 1) Order of the Phoenix
1) Half-Blood Prince
2) Deathly Hallows
3) Prisoner of Azkaban
4) Goblet of Fire
5) Chamber Of Secrets
6) Philosophers Stone/ Sorcerers Stone

Brooke Prisoner of Azkaban. :} Order of the Phoenix was my least favorite. :P

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (other topics)
Harry Potter e il Calice di Fuoco (other topics)