The Graveyard Book The Graveyard Book discussion

Would you like another book set in this world?

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Orlaith I really loved this book. It seemed to me that there is so much more in Gaiman's head that never made it to the book. Things like the Ghoul Gates, the Honour Guard, what Bod turns out to be, I would love answers to these questions.

Do you think there will ever be a sequel? Or even a book focussing on different characters but with the same background? And if there was, would you like it, or do you prefer to leave it to your own imagination?

Erika I think this book is ok as a stand alone, because things are obviously not the same after Bod left, and that would be a completely different story, i think it's better if you just imagine it.

message 3: by Eric (last edited Feb 29, 2012 06:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eric Bruen I was sad when this book ended, especially for the relationship between Bod and his foster parents, but that gut-wrench is a good thing - it doesn't need to be dragged out and potentially spoiled. I'm with Erika on this, leave it to the imagination

Orlaith Well, I wouldn't necessarily want a follow-up on Bod, but maybe some characters exploring Ghulheim, perhaps explaining how it came to be, or other members of the Honour Guard that weren't mentioned on another mission would be good.

Rashae YEEEESSSS! Loved this book!

message 6: by Max (new) - rated it 5 stars

Max Bolongaita This book is perfect as a stand alone.I loved it. Although maybe a Silas sequel?

Stuart One of the things I love about Neil Gaiman is that he doesn't exactly do sequels per se (even Anansi Boys isn't a sequel to American Gods, though Mr Nancy's presence creates the impression of it). That means that the world in which each story occurs is right for that particular story, and forms a distinct part of it.

Wynter Ravenheart It would be nice if Silas was the main character of a novel, not necessarily a sequel to the Graveyard book...

Though I am curious about Bod's adventures in the real world =)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I agree with Wynter. I would like to see more of Silas and the Brotherhood. I'd also like to see Bod as a teen/adult man in the world.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Orlaith wrote: "I really loved this book. It seemed to me that there is so much more in Gaiman's head that never made it to the book. Things like the Ghoul Gates, the Honour Guard, what Bod turns out to be, I woul..."

I hope there will be a sequel partly because the book was so good and partly because I felt there are so many secrets left to find out.

Ernest One of the most powerful elements of the book is how life and death is flipped on each other. I can't help but feel sad at the end of the book as if someone is dying...instead Bod is beginning his "normal" life in the real world. Real life becomes the unknown mystery...for us in the real world of the living, death is the unknown mystery. I would not be mad if there was more stories but I think this one should stay as it is.

Amarzyciel the book end nicely, so adding a sequel will be hard

unless this book is made into prequel for a series
I want this book to continue (curious about bod's "normal" life after he left)

there is enough uncovered story and story foundation in this book.

Nessa Lynn Eric wrote: "I was sad when this book ended, especially for the relationship between Bod and his foster parents, but that gut-wrench is a good thing - it doesn't need to be dragged out and potentially spoiled. ..."

Exactly my thoughts. It was the first book I've read in such a long time that has a "make your own ending" type feeling. I think this is a wonderful stand alone book :-)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Graveyard Book (other topics)