Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Prophecy: Child of Earth (Symphony of Ages, #2)
This topic is about Prophecy
Achieved: Series Reads > Series Read: Symphony of Ages, #2: Prophecy: Child of Earth (Start: March 29, 2012)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 111) (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 28, 2012 05:00PM) (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments descriptionProphecy: Child of Earth, by Elizabeth Haydon

Symphony of Ages, #2

In Rhapsody, a fellowship was forged--three companions who, through great adversity, became a force to be reckoned with: Rhapsody, a singer of great talent and even greater beauty; Achmed, an assassin with unearthly talents; and Grunthor, a giant Sergeant-Major whose jolly disposition stands at odds with his deadly skill at weapons. Having fled the F'dor--an ancient, powerful evil--the three emerged on the other side of the world, only to discover fourteen centuries had passed. Their homeland had been destroyed, their people scattered across several continents, and everyone they ever knew had long since passed away...except, perhaps, the F'dor.

Prophecy continues this powerful epic. Driven by a prophetic vision, Rhapsody races to rescue the religious leader of her new homeland while Achmed and Grunthor seek evidence of the F'dor. These three may be their world's only hope, the heroes spoken of in the Prophecy of the Three, but their time is running short. They must find their elusive enemy before his darkness consumes them all.

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀

We moved the start date of this book to March 22nd as there are several series that most of us are following with brand-new additions coming out this month.

EXPECT SPOILERS

Date		Chapters	PPDQs*
March 29 Meridion–2 Lisa Kay
March 30 3 – 8
March 31 9 – 16
April 1 17 – 22
April 2 23 – 28
April 3 BREAK
April 4 29 – 34
April 5 35 – 39
April 6 40 – 45
April 7 46 – 51
April 8 52 – End
*PPDQs = Person Posting Discussion Questions

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Had to start a new thread for this, as once a book is "attached" to the title, it won't let me change it.

message 7: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments Is the start date confirmed?

message 8: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments hey Vi!

message 9: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments Heya! Busy? Hardly see you anymore..

message 10: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments nah! just not doing any buddy reads at the mo. How are ya?

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Sorry, Vi. Can we move it back a few days? We are behind on The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig and my ex (whom I was still good friends with) passed away last week. His Memorial Service/Funeral is Friday and I’ll have company from out of town.

message 12: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments Me too! Good. How are you?

message 13: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments Oh! Sorry to hear that. My condolences, Lisa Kay. Sure, no problem. Take your time. Let me know when you're good to start.

message 14: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments sorry to hear that,LK!

message 15: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments i'm awrite. hows life and the wedding planning? crazy, yet?

message 16: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments I'm buffered from the crazy here in Singapore. But moving back to India on April 2nd. The crazy is starting the very same day! Jewelry shopping! *shudders*

message 17: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments hehehe i'll just point at you and laugh!

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments When's the date of the big event, Vi?

message 19: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments oh and you know it won't just end there, don't ya? as the new bride, you'll be attending many functions hehehe

message 20: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments You EVIL people. Your turn WILL come and *I* will then point and laugh. I haven't even started on my wedding and other function saree shopping. Apparently, we're to do that with my in-laws. Predicting a sticky situation there..

Lisa Kay, the big day is on June 8 but the pre-marriage stuffs will start on 6th itself - primarily the (fun) mehendi (henna) and with the post-marriage functions ending on 9th June. Afterwards, I'm not sure what exactly will happen. Depends on my in-laws.

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments My best friend for life attended an Indian wedding and had the mehendi done; it was absolutely beautiful.

message 22: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments oooh how weird'd that be? shopping with the in-laws. We do that here too.

message 23: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments *sobering up*

message 24: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments it is,LK! plus there'd be subtle differences between how Vi'd do it in India and how we do it here in Pakistan.

message 25: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments I love mehendi. We have two different ways - One from the cone which is basically powdered henna leaves that you usually see. The other is from making a paste of the henna leaves and applying on the hands and legs. It won't be as gorgeous as the cone nor as extensive; it's pretty simple. We do the latter often. It can stay on for more than a month unlike the cone mehendi. TMI, I guess.

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Not TMI. Love to learn about it. ☺ Thanks.

message 27: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments I know! Planning to get some friend/cousin to come with me for relief. So not looking forward to it.

Midu wrote: "oooh how weird'd that be? shopping with the in-laws. We do that here too."

You guys don't do the cone mehendi? Then what do you use?

message 28: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments me too! i'm all girly when it comes to mehndi and chooriyaan (bangles)

message 29: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments no, i meant the mehndi style. the arabic style was quite popular here a few years back.

message 30: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments Me too! I love picking out and mix n matching the bangle sets.

For the bride and the groom, it's traditional style all the way. But I guess the guests go either way but mostly arabic. Arabic looks so pretty but the traditional looks so much richer. But that's personal preference.

message 31: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments true! i love the smell too!

message 32: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments LOL! Now I want to put mehndi.

On that note, I'm off to bed. Good night, Midu! Have a good day, LK!

message 33: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Sweet Dreams, Vi! ☺

message 34: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments night!

message 35: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments next week would be great for me to start this too.

message 36: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Poor CaroB, she isn't feeling 100%. Take care!

message 37: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments I posted the chapters breakdown above. Does it look alright? It is approximately 70 pages a day, but tiny print.

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Okay, I've started reading, but I'm only about 1/2 way through today's reading. Anyone joining me on this one?

message 39: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments I am, but I'm running behind. I've just started Rhapsody a couple of days and trying like crazy to finish it before EOM.

message 40: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Ah! Okay. I've been down with a migraine all day. **sigh** So, you have time, CaroB. ☺

message 41: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments Crap! I didn't check the thread (and I didn't get any notification too :() I'll start this book today if I can.

message 42: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 30, 2012 08:35PM) (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Don't worry about it, Vi. The e-mails are messed up again. It won't even let me add a new book as a librarian b/c it says my e-mail is NOT valid. **sigh** I notified the Feedback group.

message 43: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments I'm flying back to India on Monday and doing some dreaded shopping which means I won't be participating on Monday or Tuesday. I'll catch up on Wednesday though. (All of them my time!) Sorry guys!

LK, Hope you get better soon. :)

message 44: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Okay, what day is it there for you, Vi?

(Thanks.)

message 45: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments It's Saturday afternoon now - 11:35 am

message 46: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments Okay, thanks, Vi! Hope your shopping (for the wedding?) is a success. ☺

message 47: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments Yes, it's for the wedding. I hope so too and in a short possible time too. :)

message 48: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments I splurged! **gasp** I got a brand new Kindle Fire! Now I don't want to read my paperback of this one, LOL! I want to play with my new toy.

message 49: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Oh wow! I'm jealous Lisa Kay!!!

message 50: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 20495 comments I've been jealous of you having a Kindle, Caro. I've just been reading off the the computer. I figure this will save me money in the long run as I will read more library e-books.

Caro, I downloaded/bought a book from allaboutromance.com and it shows on my Kindle for PC, but not on Amazon.com under "Manage Your Kindle." Why not? How do I get it onto my Kindle Fire; using Calbrai (unsure of spelling)? I took that off my computer b/c it was using up too much hard drive.

« previous 1 3

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Prophecy: Child of Earth (other topics)
The Masque of the Black Tulip (other topics)
The Thief (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elizabeth Haydon (other topics)