BTS Book Club discussion

Author updates > What are you currently working on?

Comments (showing 1-36 of 36) (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christy Wilhelm | 282 comments Mod
Please let us know what you are working on?

Lynn (goodreadscomElyLibrarySec) | 14 comments I'm working on finishing up two books for review, "King of Darkness" and "Someone Else's Fairytale". Then after writing the reviews, I'll start to read "A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing."

Oh you should post the picks :)

Mary C. Moore (Mary_C_Moore) | 3 comments I'm just finishing up a collection of short stories that are all sorts of retold fairy tales called "Beastly Tales"

Think I'll make a blurb section. Fairy tales stories sound interesting :)

message 6: by Nick (last edited Feb 25, 2012 07:11PM) (new)

Nick Nicholas (nicksnicholas) | 90 comments *** I apologize in advance if this response is too long. However I have been eager to answer this question for some time. Finally someone has asked :-) ***

I have several projects under way right now. So much so that I am having trouble finishing any single one of them so I am trying to focus on completing my first manuscript and then self-publishing it. I am really dying to get my first self-published book under my belt. I believe I will be utilizing Smashwords, although that part of my plan is still a little unclear. I figure I need to get something finished before I decide where and how to self-publish it.

Now for the major projects…

The Soul’s Creed Series -This series revolves around the concept that there is goodness, love and eternal peace in Heaven and there is evil, hatred, and eternal damnation in Hell and then on Earth there is something in-between. The in-between part rests on the balance of the souls of the dead and their final destination in the afterlife. Some souls will be greeted by angels and go to Heaven while other souls will be captured and consumed by dark shadows and go to Hell. The good or the evil that prevails on Earth is determined by the number of souls in Heaven and Hell. Over a period in time as more souls are led to Heaven, mankind is in a general state of peace and driven to do acts of kindness. When the balance of souls tips the other way, when more souls are going to Hell then mankind is in a general state of chaos and driven by hatred to war among themselves.

The Soul’s Creed series will be three books. Book one will cover the events leading up to mankind’s self-destruction and the end of life on Earth. Book two, Last Battle for Souls (Book #2) will cover the aftermath of the destruction and battle between Heaven and Hell for the reclamation of remaining souls on Earth. Book three covers the re-creation of mankind, not as children of the Father Almighty but instead children Lucifer, the fallen Angel. The plan for The Soul’s Creed series is to start in the middle with book two, Last Battle for Souls, then go back in time with book one and finishing the series with book three. (I haven’t decided on the titles for book one and three yey.) I am starting with book two.

Dwarven Compendium – This series is all about the lives, trials and tribulations of…well Dwarves. The fantasy fiction variety, of course, not human kind. These are the short, stout, bearded, miner, smelting, beer drinking types you’d see in fantasy stories like Lord of the Rings.

Chance not taken (Book #1) – this is a short story in the series about a particular Dwarf named Thorak Bduum that frequents a local tavern in town and forms a relationship with Delinda Gretnauk, the local bar maiden. They form a relationship that stays in the confines of the tavern, but after several years Delinda declares her fondness for Thorak and ask him to diner at her place. Will Thorak pursue Delinda and follow down the path of happily ever after? Book 1 in the Compendium is where we’ll find out.

Elven Compendium – This series is all about the lives, trials and tribulations of…you guess it! Elves. Not the Keebler cookie baker type either. And not the Santa type either. Elves in this fantasy world are the woodland, the archers, the rangers, the trackers, the mystics and the masters of nature.

Forbidden Love (Book #1) – this short story is about the separation of the Elven clans and how their mating rituals work. Since the ancient times, the Elders have always forbidden their clans from mating with Elves of other clans in order to preserve the bloodline purity. However, the Elven populations have grown thin over time and the Elders realized that if they didn’t act, the entire race will become in danger of extinction.

Other works in progress include the following:

Delivery Boy – An erotic romance about a man who delivers groceries to a woman and wind up spending a steamy afternoon together.

Good Deeds – An erotic romance that’s out to prove that “Good Guys” don’t always finish last. A “boy scout” type guy helps a woman who gets stuck on the side of the road. However, he wants to make sure she knows he’s not a psycho, but a good samaritan. After pulling up the road a bit and calling her assistance in the form a police man and a tow truck, she thanks him by handing him her business card and offering him free service in exchange for his good deed. As the tow truck pulls away, he scans the card which reads “Candy D Vine, Private ‘by-appointment only’ Exotic Dancer.”

Happily in the Everafter – A paranormal romance about two ghostly home owners and two very much alive home owners- fortunately they “own” the same home. The ghostly couple, still very much deeply in love, desires nothing more than to be able to physically hold one another again, even if only for a brief moment. They devise a plan to communicate with the living couple and convince them to summon them through a demonic portal to borrow their physical forms.

There’s more, but I think I’ve taken up too much space already (way too much). If you have any questions about my works in progress or care to hear about the others not mentioned here, I’d love chat about them.

Warm regards,
Nick

Mary C. Moore (Mary_C_Moore) | 3 comments Christy wrote: "Think I'll make a blurb section. Fairy tales stories sound interesting :)"

Thanks, it was fun writing them over the last year :). I've got some blurbs on my website if you're really interested.Mary C. Moore

Jennifer Comeaux | 10 comments Hi! I'm currently working on a sequel to my current release Life On the Edge Life On the Edge by Jennifer Comeaux. Working title is Edge of the Past. Still in the early stages but I'm very excited about it :)

Nick S. You sound very busy and that is a daunting task ahead of you :) Good luck, keep us in the loop!

Love the Cover Jennifer!

Jennifer Comeaux | 10 comments Love the Cover Jennifer!"

Thanks! My publisher Astraea Press has some amazing cover artists!

Nadja Notariani | 46 comments Hi, all! I'm currently in the final edits for my next book, a paranormal romance - The Third Fate - which should be available in late March, 2012. Click the link for cover, blurb, and character introductions. Thanks for this opportunity to share, Christy!

TheThirdFate

Nadja Notariani | 46 comments Jennifer wrote: "Hi! I'm currently working on a sequel to my current release Life On the EdgeLife On the Edge by Jennifer Comeaux. Working title is Edge of the Past. Still in the early stages but I..."

I love your cover and blurb! Best of luck with the sequel!

Jennifer Comeaux | 10 comments Nadja wrote: "I love your cover and blurb! Best of luck with the sequel! "

Thanks!!!! Best of luck with your new book, too!

Nikki McCarver (NightKind) | 3 comments Mary wrote: "I'm just finishing up a collection of short stories that are all sorts of retold fairy tales called "Beastly Tales""

Oh!! I love your pic! Toothless was my fav. character!

Nikki McCarver (NightKind) | 3 comments I have a sign up going on for the Sci-Fi Fantasy portion of BTS. If you are interested in hosting future tours, please stop by and add you link!!
http://closeencounterswiththenightkin...

Shannan Albright (ShannanAlbright) | 6 comments I am currently working on the second novella in my Knights of Excalibur series. Should be to my editor by next week. I am also finishing my novel The Summoning which is filled with angels, demons and a war to save mankind.
Also in the works in my third installment in the Dark Breeds series and another book called Bewitched Demon.
Those are my main WIP's at this moment.

Lindsay | 16 comments I'm about 12K into the next book in the Emily Dahill Series, Terror on the Mountain.
This one will be number 4 in the series. If all goes according to plan it will be finished about mid spring

Hey Lindsay I thought you wrote romance. Terror on the Mnt sounds like a horror?

Lindsay | 16 comments No, I gave up on romance and switched to mystery and in the process found two of the best leading characters for the series a reader could ask for. A short, feisty Army sergeant who is a CID agent and her partner/therapy collie, Dakota who sometimes, actually most of the time, has a mind of his own.
The 'Terror' part of the title refers to terrorists.

Anna Patterson (RomanceNovelistAnnaPatterson) | 7 comments Christy wrote: "Please let us know what you are working on?"

I am trying to learn how to reply to things in groups, and when to do so, so if I get it wrong while learning, sorry. I am currently rewriting a Viking book I had as a Nanowrimo winner once, and entered in a Harlequin contest a couple of years back.

Mary C. Moore (Mary_C_Moore) | 3 comments Nikki wrote: "I have a sign up going on for the Sci-Fi Fantasy portion of BTS. If you are interested in hosting future tours, please stop by and add you link!!
http://closeencounterswiththenightkin......"

I'm not a blogger, but I would love to do a tour...would that work?

Christine | 11 comments I'm working on edits at the moment. This is book four in my Long Shots series from Carina Press. I have a few more things coming down the pipe for edits as well, so no fresh writing for me at the moment. :)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) I'm working on a contemporary Western-themed romance. It's also a foodie romance as the heroine is British and she's an Indian chef. :)

Joelle (JoelleClista) | 17 comments Updating my blog doing some reviews. Kids have a half day today so trying to get some odds and ends done. My grand-daughter Bella been sitting here on grandma lap playing with her block she almost three months old now and precious.

Cheryl Yeko (CherylYeko) | 3 comments Over my lunch hour I finished up the 3rd chapter for a Novella I'm writing.

message 26: by PJ (new)

PJ White | 4 comments Hi All,

Currently working on the 2nd book of my series which will hopefully weave together a good chunk of fantasty with a whole lot of Sci-Fi. My 1st book entitled Ashen (Black Dawn, Book One) is a Sci-Fi Adventure/Horror with a supernatural twist and should appeal to anyone who liked Event Horizon or Predator. It's currently for sale on Amazon for $0.99! Links below.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z3QZ5O
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007Z3QZ5O

Rgds

Pete

Lindsay | 16 comments I currently working on the first book in a new suspense series

Lori Freeland (loriannfreeland) | 6 comments Currently working on my sanity, my confidence, and the third rewrite of my YA Science Fiction Romance--including a new beginning. Here's my little blurb, which I won't call a pitch because it breaks all the rules :)

With a single touch, Kate’s about to discover she has a gift. She’ll read your emotions. Know your thoughts. Download your memories. Hijack your mind. Kate’s about to discover what killed her sister.

Nikki McCarver (NightKind) | 3 comments Lori wrote: "Currently working on my sanity, my confidence, and the third rewrite of my YA Science Fiction Romance--including a new beginning. Here's my little blurb, which I won't call a pitch because it break..."
It sounds great!!

Lindsay | 16 comments While working on the new suspense series, first book, I've also starated a regency Christmas story. Should be interesting to do

Lori Freeland (loriannfreeland) | 6 comments Nikki wrote: "Lori wrote: "Currently working on my sanity, my confidence, and the third rewrite of my YA Science Fiction Romance--including a new beginning. Here's my little blurb, which I won't call a pitch bec..."

Thank you!

Deborah Coonts | 3 comments Am currently working on what I thought was a third novella in the Lucky O'Toole vVgas series. Turns out it's the next novel, Book Five--the working title is LUCKY STUFFED...or maybe LUCKY PLUCKED. Anyway, a larger project than I first envisioned:) I'm also working on a real change of pace: a dark medical/psychological thriller.

Lori wrote: "Currently working on my sanity, my confidence, and the third rewrite of my YA Science Fiction Romance--including a new beginning. Here's my little blurb, which I won't call a pitch because it break..."

You read my mind for sure :)

Sandra | 5 comments Working on first book ever. I have many books started or ready outlines, but never did anything with them. Wish me luck.

John Steiner (JohnSteiner) | 1 comments Still trying to figure out how to connect where I'm at in "The Locust Effect" with where I know the ending it going to be.

Also, I've a third installment of my short story series, "Flipspace" that I'm doing.

Nadja Notariani | 46 comments I have just released my newest historical romance! (Hope this is the correct thread to post!)

A Practical Arrangement, Nadja Notariani

Practical plans go awry when prim sensibilities unwittingly capture the heart of a scandalous seducer.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Life on the Edge (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary C. Moore (other topics)