The Namesake The Namesake discussion

The Namesake

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma I'm almost done with this book. It is about an Indian family that lives Boston suburbs. The book covers a large time span and is sometime a little slow, but the book is still engaging.

Shivani Bajaj Emma wrote: "I'm almost done with this book. It is about an Indian family that lives Boston suburbs. The book covers a large time span and is sometime a little slow, but the book is still engaging."

Yes it is a nice one

Lakshmi Menon Really enjoyed reading this.

Shelly Sanders I found this book a compelling read about integrating from one society to another, and trying to hold onto traditions that define you and your culture.

Holly Elizabeth I really enjoyed this book, along with the modern contemporary writing style by the author. I would definitely seek out other books by Jhumpa.

Marina Dubois I just loved this book. It is not a book I usally read so I was surprised. I think it would be good to add it to literature classes in school for older children, since it could open up the eyes for how difficult it is for immigrants to leave their homes and live in a new culture. I find that the book is not only about integrating to a new society, it is also about the search for identity. Which is also good for children to understand, since they to are in search for it.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Namesake (other topics)