The Angel's Game The Angel's Game discussion

Put Down

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Spoonthumb (new)

Spoonthumb I am sorry but this is one of the only books i am ever going to put down without finishing. The story seems pointless and the author is just writing drivel to fill in the pages. I am more than two thirds into the book and absolutely nothing has happened. It is beyond boring.

Dinah If you continue, people will start dying soon.

message 3: by Spoonthumb (new)

Spoonthumb If I continue I might start dying!
Oh well I guess on that note I will have to finish it now.
Thanks Dinah, maybe the time I have devoted to the book might not be wasted after all.

Licha Is this the first book you've read by the author? I am currently reading this book too and I don't seem to be into it, but I think it's because I just finished reading his other book The Shadow of the Wind and LOVED that one. I don't know if I'm just coming off that rush from having read a fantastic book. This one seems a little bit slower, but I will try to continue it for a little longer and see if it picks up. Maybe you should try The Shadow of the Wind instead.

Annie Loved the book Shadow of the Wind better, but still very much enjoyed this one

Licha Finished the book. Hated it. Nothing like TSOTW.

Olivia When compared to Shadow of the Wind, it is quite disappointing. The connection between the Sempere's was not easy to follow and it took me a while to work out the connections.

I love Zafon's style and that he uses books as the premise for his stories. There was just a bit too much intense and philospohical stuff for me which I essentially skimmed over.

However, I did still enjoy it and am looking forward to number 3.

Lauren The first & third books, in my opinion, are the best. I'm really not a fan of this one & the series really could do without it. I mean, some of the background pops up again in The Prisoner of Heaven, but you can still figure it out without having read it.

message 9: by Jave (new) - rated it 1 star

Jave Is this book part of a series? I started reading it a couple of years ago but like Spoonthumb I struggled my way into half of the book, but finally put it down. I agree, NOTHING was happening! I remember it being really confusing and slow-paced. But maybe I skipped a book in a series? Is that it?

message 10: by Dena (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dena Huff I started with Shadow of the Wind, and it remains one of my favorites to this day. While I didn't enjoy Prisoner of Heaven and Angel's Game as much, I still loved reading them, if only to feel as if Shadow of the Wind continues.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Angel's Game (other topics)