Jennifer L Armentrout Addicts Anonymous discussion

132 views
SPOILER ZONE! > Pure

Comments (showing 1-50 of 81) (81 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
So have any bloggers read Pure?
Talk about it here.


message 2: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
I thought Pure was absolutely EPIC
Absolutely the best sequel I have ever read.
I have to admit I am a 'team' but I love both of them. The more of Pure I read the more I loved Seth. He is so sweet adn I loved how he was there for Alex when she was hurting. LMAO at the Twilight comments. I absolutely loved that I thought it was hilarious!

But saying that as much as I love Seth I love Aiden more and I want Alex and Aiden to be together so bad. I kinda hated him a little when he told Alex he only 'liked' her because she was attractive and he was a man it was natural. I cried so bad. But.... he's so in love with her, it's obvious. He lied for her. He broke the law for her. If that's not true love... what is? LOL

I also think the necklace she saw his wearing has the guitar pick she bought for him on it.


Jana (The Book Goddess) | 333 comments I literally just finished Pure yesterday and I LOVED IT! Better than Half-Blood (and that's saying a LOT)!

I do love both boys, but I have to go for Aiden. It's pretty obvious that they WILL end up together at the end, but I thought this book focused more on Seth and Alex. They had more kissy and sexy scenes lol

I understand now why Aiden lied to her and stuff, but its blatantly obvious that they both love and care for each other :)

Who do you think is behind all of this? I thought it was Leon....


✿ ᗩᒪYᔕᔕᗩ ᒍᗩᑕKᗰᗩᑎ ✿ (alyssa121) | 11 comments I think it's Leon too. But he seemed nice at the end fight. It could be Leon because why was he there when Alex was in the room while Aiden and Seth were fighting. I doubt he was just walking by and heard them. The Guitar pick on the necklace is perfect!!! Dang that would be amazing. He never had the necklace in half blood so I'm pretty sure that is it. I really hope that Alex and Aiden get together in Deity!!


Jana (The Book Goddess) | 333 comments Yeah, and Leon was also the one who got Alex when she nearly froze to death in that thing, and there was other bits too that screamed TRAITOR. :)

Yes I really really hope that Alex and Aiden get together in Deity! (oh, btw I was quite annoyed at the fact that Seth and Alex nearly had sex, I know she wasn't herself but I was like WTF in that whole scene. I want Aiden to be her first :P)


message 6: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
I love Seth but come on it has to be true love with aiden when he saved her in teh end.
I actually tweeted Jen and said so he's wearing the black guitar pick right? She said I'll never tell but then said we'll find out in Deity.


Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments I just cried my eyes out when Caleb died... What the hell? Damnit for having errands to run.. I want to keep reading!


message 8: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
omg i know cass, I cried so bad.


Jana (The Book Goddess) | 333 comments Oh yeah that was really sad!! I cried at that,but I did have suspicions that he would die, I just felt so sorry for him and for Olivia :(


Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments I havent made it much past that part and im freaking out.. I wanna know what happens!!!


Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments I knew Caleb was going to die sometime in the series, because of the Oracle's prophecy, but that's just not how I thought it would happen. I guess I was more expecting it when they went to Gatlinburg (in Half-blood), than when it did happen.

As for Seth, I was already thinking that what Seth feels for Alex is just because of the connection and he doesn't actually have 'real' feelings for her. Reading his POV at the end just made me think that was the case even more. I think a lot of what he does is just to keep pissing off Aiden and driving Alex/Aiden apart.


message 12: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
I haven't read the Seth POV since I read an ARC but I agree I think it's totally the connection and not 'real' feelings though I do think he's sweet and he makes me laugh a little. especially the twilight comments. I laughed so much at them


Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments Am i the only one who is starting to like Seth? I dont have Seths POV because i got the paperback but he can be sweet. I do think a lot of what he is doing is for himself and not Alex but I hope that changes. Hes such a whore!!!

Aiden pretty much putting his life on the line made me swoon but i dont think we can put much stock in it... Hes so hot and cold that its not worth it in my opinion.

Ok.. Is it November yet??!!?


message 14: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
i love seth. just not as much as aiden


Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 85 comments May I ask if reading the comments will be safe and free from spoilers?


message 16: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
No it will not be. This is called the SPOILER ZONE!


Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments Definitely not safe, there is another thread for PURE over in the Covenant series section. :)


Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments OCD Kay {K-Books} wrote: "i love seth. just not as much as aiden"

Hmm.. I'm still torn on who I want her to be with. Why must there always be a triangle, damnit!?


Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 85 comments oops! Sorrry but I didn't see that!


message 20: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
Oh definitely team aiden but I do love seth.

This folder is called spoiler zone.


Sherbie (herpassion) | 15 comments Im on team Seth though and through. <3
But I cant help but feel sorry for him, seems like Alex cant just really get over Aiden. Especially with the last sentence of the Deity's 1st chapter. Something like her biggest regret is not the boy beside her (Seth) but the boy she did not choose (Aiden). Siggghhh


message 22: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
Oh Sherbie I know exactly why you feel like that but I can't help but love Aiden and I am so team Aiden. It has to be true love. He broke the law for her. awwwww
Plus I am convinced it is the guitar pick she got him that he wears as a necklace. Awwwwww

I do feel sorry for Seth because I love him but I honestly don't think she's gonna end up with Seth.

The best scene in Pure for me was when Seth was cheering her up with watching Twilight and all of Alex's comments about Bella made me laugh so much


message 23: by Sherbie (last edited Mar 20, 2012 10:59AM) (new)

Sherbie (herpassion) | 15 comments OCD Kay {K-Books} wrote: "Oh Sherbie I know exactly why you feel like that but I can't help but love Aiden and I am so team Aiden. It has to be true love. He broke the law for her. awwwww
Plus I am convinced it is the guita..."


I know! I really have this bad feeling seth and alex wont make it in the end. it is just the way stories go. first guy whom the girl loves usually wins her over. soooo unfair for apollyon ;( it is so frustrating when we face love triangles like this one.
yeah and he really has this self-restraint that is beyond remarkable lol. maybe because he is like that i find it hard to choose him :))

guess what my fave part of pure is?
The swimming pool scenes. ;)

oh oh! i think you're right! it must be the guitar pick!


message 24: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (last edited Mar 20, 2012 11:11AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
I'm not surprised that's your favourite scene. My other favourite scene is when she's with Aiden at the zoo. Cute

I guess coz I'm Team Aiden lol
I actually tweeted Jen about it when I read it in january and she was like I'll never tell BUT you'll find out in Deity LOL
I'm convinced it is because he never wore a necklace before and I feel like he truly loves her and loved the gift but he said all that mean stuff (that broke my heart btw) to protect her and make her hate him because she would be the one to be punished.


Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments I want to be Team Aiden since I Know that's where she'll end up but it's SO hard when he treats her the way he does.. it bugs me to NO end. I've been down that road.. "I want you.. I don't want you.. blah blah blah" and Alex doesn't need that. She's awesome.. haha!

Oh I just want Deity to come out already!


message 26: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
But he's trying to protect her, you saw what happened at the council with the half who loved a pure. He wants to avoid that for her because he loves her


Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments He needs to just stay away then.. not lead her on and then go cold again. Men are SO fickle (real and fictional). He can't tell her no and then flip out and get jealous. It's one or the other.


Nymeria (NymeriaStark) | 8 comments I know Aiden is a very good guy, but I love Seth! Someone else is with me?


message 29: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
but... but... but he loves her and we don't want him to stay away we want them to be together! lol


Nymeria (NymeriaStark) | 8 comments I know he loves her but also Seth loves Alex, it's not only the connection. (Sorry for my bad english, I'm italian and even if I can read english books I'm not so good at writing -_-' ).


Isabella | 5 comments I think that, with all that happened at the end of Pure, Aiden really showed how much he loves Alex and what he could do for her. As for Alex, well, in the first chapter of Deity is pretty obvious that she won't get over him in the near future and, yes, for that I'm glad LOL

Btw, am I the only one who forgave Aiden for his behaviour? xD After the ball scene and the way he looked at Alex... oh my, I could have died there and even with all his avoiding thing it was pretty obvious the way he felt!
*Aiden, just let me hug you*

I'm sure Deity will be so freaking awesome it'll hurt.

P.s. Sorry if I made any mistakes, but I'm italian too :D


Nymeria (NymeriaStark) | 8 comments Also Seth will do everything for her!! Remember what Seth was going to do with the Master who hit Alex.


message 33: by Anna (last edited Mar 20, 2012 03:59PM) (new)

Anna | 21 comments I'm rooting for Aiden. I really think he was trying to protect her by pretending not to love her. I like Seth, but I do think most of it is because of the bond too. He's kinda manipulative?

Ok, as of right now, I do not think that Leon is behind all of what's going on. I think he's one of the gods actually. Maybe Apollo? Remember when he got all defensive when they were talking about Apollo? And how Alex said he was godlike and like 7 feet tall? But then Leon could be short for Apollyon (why, I don't know). Hmm it would kind of make sense if he were there to stop the Apollyons.

Sorry, just thinking out loud. :P

I am still very suspicious of Lucian though. I know he really wants to head the Council, and it would be really easy if he had Alex and Seth under his thumb. Just my two cents.


Anna | 21 comments Ok is anyone else suspicious of Laadan? I really think 'Brown Eyes' is Alex's dad. I'm wondering if his death was faked because Laadan had(has) feelings for him and wanted him for herself? Anyone else think it was odd?


Nymeria (NymeriaStark) | 8 comments I have suspects about Alex's stepfather. According to me, he is playing a double game and he is responseble for Daimons attacks. (where was he during the last attack at the end of the book?).


message 36: by Anna (last edited Mar 20, 2012 04:06PM) (new)

Anna | 21 comments Nymeria wrote: "I have suspects about Alex's stepfather. According to me, he is playing a double game and he is responseble for Daimons attacks. (where was he during the last attack at the end of the book?)."

Exactly! Good point. And why do I keep getting her uncle and step dad mixed up, lol. Lucian is her step-father right? I'm thinking of the one on council with the looong hair.

I'm also curious as to why all of a sudden did Lician started to accept Alex when he was so mean to her before? He so wants the power. I also want to know who's helping him, because they always have someone who works behind the scenes ;)

I'm going to have to go back and re-read this.


Sherbie (herpassion) | 15 comments Nymeria, Im with you! Lol Im team Seth (woohoo!) :D

Yes Aiden is so selfless but Im getting tired of their situation. Maybe yes, maybe no. Hot then cold. I've read too many novels with a theme like that. :( Maybe the Breed Order will be changed then they'll be all over each other like crazy :p

While Seth, well he's zap-worthy. And he's more of an original character on my opinion... He isnt sure if it's just the apollyon fate that binds him to Alex, but I really believe he cares for her more than he is aware of. I like him because his character just really makes me laugh out loud. :)


Cassandra (CassMarie) | 119 comments I'm Team Seth at the moment.. I'm still digesting all of it!!

Lucian rubs me the wrong way.. he is suddenly playing "step father" and it isn't sitting well with me.. he was a jerk before.

And guys, Aiden can do whatever he wants but at the end of the day... every time Alex confronts him.. he denies his feelings. No woman should put up with that and I'm sorry but I hope Jennifer keeps her away from him. I want the underdog to get the girl for once!


Sherbie (herpassion) | 15 comments OCD Kay {K-Books} wrote: "I'm not surprised that's your favourite scene. My other favourite scene is when she's with Aiden at the zoo. Cute

I guess coz I'm Team Aiden lol
I actually tweeted Jen about it when I read it in j..."


OCD Kay {K-Books} wrote: "I'm not surprised that's your favourite scene. My other favourite scene is when she's with Aiden at the zoo. Cute

I guess coz I'm Team Aiden lol
I actually tweeted Jen about it when I read it in j..."


hehe i admit i didnt put much thought about the necklace before because it was on aiden, but i get your point. he affects alex the way no other character can. he's so thoughtful towards her.
So Ms Jennifer, what is it gunna be?!


Jana (The Book Goddess) | 333 comments Anna wrote: "Ok is anyone else suspicious of Laadan? I really think 'Brown Eyes' is Alex's dad. I'm wondering if his death was faked because Laadan had(has) feelings for him and wanted him for herself? Anyone e..."

Yes! I am pretty sure that 'Brown Eyes' is her dad!


message 41: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
Well I agree with all of your points guys especially bought her step dad. As far as the love triangle goes I love it. This is one of the only ones where I love both guys. I love seth I agree he's a great character and he makes me laugh out loud too BUT I do think it's more the connection than real feelings for her. I just think that seth believes he has real feelings for her but there's no way of telling the difference at the moment.

Aiden on the other hand, he broke my heart but I totally forgave him. I know it's hot and cold but that's what keeps so many ppl reading, to see what's going to happen and he broke the law for her. He was protecting her because he loves her and then he put his life in danger by breaking laws for her how is that not true love? TEAM AIDEN


Isabella | 5 comments I was also wondering, do you think that scene that Jennifer posted months ago on her blog, the one with all those gods and Adonis, was from Deity? :D


message 43: by Anna (last edited Mar 21, 2012 12:06PM) (new)

Anna | 21 comments I didn't see that Isabella. I'll have to check it out..


J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Hehehehe, reading all your comments have made me chuckle. I'm so thrilled to allow myself in here now I've read it. :o)

1) I LOVE Seth. BUT ...

... a) I don't think he's right for Alex.
b) I'm 100% sure there's more to him than meets the eye.
c) In line with b, I think there's a hidden agenda going on that he's not totally in control of, and I only hope his growing feelings for Alex will be what has him pulling back on the reins on whatever it is.

As for Aiden. I'm pissed at him. Not because of his behaviour because anyone who steps back and checks out the forest beyond the trees can see he's doing it for all the right reasons. I'm pissed at him because I got suckered enough into her character and how his behaviour affected her enough for it to affect me. Oh, and I did wonder over his necklace but then got sidetracked by the Daimon's and stuff. Nice theory, Kay.

Then there's the mastermind behind it all. So, some of you think it's Leon, eh? Well, I don't WANT it to be him because I quite like him for all his silentness. I'd got it stuck in my head that it was the new trainer who bust Alex's pride in the early chapter. But that's probably too obvious. I think those with the torches on them might be suspect because I believe those are the ones most leery of the duo-Appolyons (sp?) and the thought of any kind of change but I'm not sure it'll be that simple. So we'll have to wait and see.
I do wonder though if something might backfire with the so-called of transferral of power from Alex to Seth that's supposed to happen. Something tells me Seth will end up sacrificing himself for her. I hope not. I've had enough books make me cry lately. I'm a bloody emotional wreck. But if we get a happy ending with this one, I don't think it's going to be handed over easily.

And that was one biga$$ ramble. ;o)


Jana (The Book Goddess) | 333 comments I agree with everything that you said J.A! Especially about the 'something tells me Seth will end up sacrificing himself for her'. It will make me cry loads though if that happens :(


J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) I know. Me, too. I think it's Seth's 'bad boy'' vibe and the excitement he offers that has everyone swooning over him a little. I have a feeling JLA will make us fall in love with him harder before she drops the nut on us. And we'll all be heading in here unable to see the screen as we type out our wailing.


message 47: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
Yes but bad boys are soooo over-rated. Sometimes you just have to love the good guy. Aiden, Peeta. Need I say more?


J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Hang on. I didn't say I didn't love me some Aiden. And I even admitted Seth was the wrong guy for her. But I certainly see the appeal of reckless abandon Seth has to offer. Maybe because Mr B is a little reckless and crazily spontaneous.


message 49: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2201 comments Mod
Yes I know you didn't. Just saying =)
I see the appeal and I also love Seth but he's no Aiden lol


J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) I know Aiden's had you well and truly suckered from the off. :o)


« previous 1
back to top

63368

Jennifer L Armentrout Addicts Anonymous

unread topics | mark unread