Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - Your Personal eReader > Color vs. Tablet

Comments (showing 1-27)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Vicki (mattsmama) | 68 comments Hold on... HOW exactly do you get regular android on the tablet? I have last years version.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) At the school I work at, they give Ipad 2's to all the students starting in 6th grade. And then my daughter's high school gives them to all the students as well. The teacher's and students love them. But I can see why you read on the Nook. I wasn't planning on getting the tablet until my nook died but now I'm so glad I did. The difference in processor speed is amazing.

Veronica (VeraJ121) | 167 comments I love my Ipad2. It does everything for me efficiently, especially for my job, school, and leisure.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I love having a 7 inch tablet. My daughter has the Ipad2 and it's too big for me.

Veronica (VeraJ121) | 167 comments I've been reluctant to getting the tablet because I have the IPad 2 and use my Color for reading.

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) My nook color went crazy recently and was still under warranty so I took it in to replace it. While there I decided to upgrade to a tablet. So for $30 I was abbe to upgrade to a 16gb Tablet. I Love it!!! Lighter, faster, longer battery life, faster, did I say faster. And I purchased an SD card loaded with the android operating system made for the tablet and can switch back and forth. I did this with my color as well, but it works so much better on the tablet. Amazing!!

message 21: by Missyb (last edited Dec 15, 2012 03:41PM) (new)

Missyb | 196 comments Missyb wrote: "I have the Color and I am happy with it so far. I will not watch tv/videos on such a little screen, which makes the lure of Netflix uselss to me. Battery life, ease of use, and capacity are more i..."

August 2012 I used the discount for having membership to get the Tablet. My membership was running out and I was not renewing it (plus I would not have had the $50 off after renewing the membership because of new policy), so I took advantage of getting the $50 off. I really like the longer battery life. If the prices were lower when I got the Color in 2011, I might have purchased the Tablet instead for the longer battery life.

Stormm | 16 comments Go withthe Nook Tablet. That's what I have and it's great.

Nancy Bout (nancybout) | 82 comments I miss my nook...I have the nook touch...my daughter got kindle fire which is ok( writing on it now lol) but want the nook again...I sm reading both formats ( mobi n epup) calibre is amazing software lol...but I'm going for the nook tab...and soon it'll be Apollo MINE LOL

Christopher Conn (cmconn) | 104 comments My wife has the NC and I have the NT. I think the features of the NT are worth the extra money. It's lighter and faster. I don't really use it for a web browser but if I wanted to it's got a nice one, same with email.

Missyb | 196 comments I have the Color and I am happy with it so far. I will not watch tv/videos on such a little screen, which makes the lure of Netflix uselss to me. Battery life, ease of use, and capacity are more important to me then if it can stream video from Netflix.

Christopher Conn (cmconn) | 104 comments I'm going to buy an 8GB tablet next week. How is streaming on the 8GB tablet? I mainly want to use it to read but it might be nice to watch movies sometimes.

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Sheila wrote: "FYI just returned my color for the tablet. They brought the price of the tablet down to 199.00 from 249.00. The color is now 149.00. For that price go for it.... just looked up and saw that everyon..."

When you say they bought it from you, do you mean like a trade in? or a return on a previous purchase?

Tiffany (sydmalicious78) Sheila wrote: "FYI just returned my color for the tablet. They brought the price of the tablet down to 199.00 from 249.00. The color is now 149.00. For that price go for it.... just looked up and saw that everyon..."

How much did they give you for the Color?

Stephanie B (smblaisure) | 5 comments Thanks guys! I upgraded to my tablet today!

message 12: by JK (new)

JK (eimajtl) It's only $149? They list it at $169 on the website... they ought to change that.

Sheila | 86 comments FYI just returned my color for the tablet. They brought the price of the tablet down to 199.00 from 249.00. The color is now 149.00. For that price go for it.... just looked up and saw that everyone agrees.

message 10: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 21, 2012 02:14PM) (new)

Stephanie B (smblaisure) | 5 comments JK wrote: "Good news! The Tablet is now $199 so you can get it at the price you originally preferred to spend. The Color has gone down to $169 so its an even smaller price difference for a more complete package."

Oh thank you! I don't need the extra GBs! Because if I ever wanted more I could just throw in a micro SD card.

JK (eimajtl) Good news! The Tablet is now $199 so you can get it at the price you originally preferred to spend. The Color has gone down to $169 so its an even smaller price difference for a more complete package.

Christine US (ChristineUS) | 17 comments I got a tablet for Valentine's day and LOVE it. I was happy with my original Nook for a long time -- but once I started thinking about needing a tablet (and considering an IPad) I looked into the Nook tablet. I use the tablet/web part more than the books right now!
I have no experience with the Color, but I wouldn't even think twice about the $50 being a hold-up on the upgrade to the tablet. It's been amazing.

Heather turner (bookwormhlt) | 11 comments I Have a tablet and i love it. what sold me was the read and record feature for kids books i used to spend 30 dollars a book on the hallmark books so my grandma could read to my kids. and after a while the audio would stop working. now i don't have to worry about that and the kids love it. so the 50 dollars was so worth it for me and my family.

Stephanie B (smblaisure) | 5 comments Stacia ~ platonic wrote: "If you're mainly going to use the reader for reading with a little bit of extra web stuff and apps/games on the side, the color works great."

This is going to be my main usage. Reading with a little bit of extra web stuff as perks. But at the same time JK makes a huge point as well. I might as well shell out the extra money to get the tablet. I'll have to think about it a little longer. Thanks guys!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I bought my color before the tablet came out, so that's all I know. I surf the net on it and use it for Pandora and Netflix streaming and it's been more than fine for those uses. If you're mainly going to use the reader for reading with a little bit of extra web stuff and apps/games on the side, the color works great.

I do agree though that if you're looking to keep/use the product for quite a while, the extra 50 bucks really isn't a huge deal for a longer term investment. If you think you won't be upgrading or switching to another tablet for a while, you might as well shell out the money and get the tablet.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

With the software latest update the color really isn't that much different than the tablet. The biggest difference is that the tablet had HD.

Sheila | 86 comments I guess it will depend on what you want. I just (today) had the nook color given to me. I had the choice of either tablet of color. I really want to read. That is what drives me to have any e-reader. I didn't feel I wanted to have the bells and whistles. I agree with JK that if you want more tablet action go for the tablet.

JK (eimajtl) I would just go for the Tablet. $50 isn't a whole lot more for a device with a lot more features. You run the risk of getting the Color and than wanting to have the ability to do certain things that you'd only be able to do on the Tablet. Then what do you do? Pay another $250 to upgrade again? I'd just pay the extra $50 now and avoid the hassle.

Stephanie B (smblaisure) | 5 comments If you are upgrading from a 1st generation. Would you go with the color or the tablet?

Besides reading, I would use it for the internet, Pandora and games. Then maybe if we decide to get Netflix streaming back, I would use it for that as well.... but that's a big maybe.

What do you think the big difference is between to the two? And is it really worth the extra $50 for the tablet over the color?

unread topics | mark unread