Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Fantasy/Sci-Fi > Dystopia/Post-Apocalyptic

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karis (YA Litwit) Jacobstein (YALitwit) | 419 comments Is there no genre board for Dystopia? I'm dumbfounded, given the fact that we all seem to love the genre so much! Well, I guess we have one now...

I just read Pure by Julianna Baggott. I almost gave up on it because it was SOOOOOO slow to start, but I am glad I stayed with it, because it turned out to be amazingly good. One of the best dystopias I've read since The Hunger Games. The imagery and attention to detail were phenomenal and the plot was so good. I think this trilogy is going to be epic, especially since the rather tedious backstory is out of the way.

Dawn | 6 comments Look for apocalypse whenever ;)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 110 comments I haven't started the series, but I heard Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael  Grant was an apoclyptic story

Aurora Celeste | 10 comments Ottilie wrote: "I haven't started the series, but I heard Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael  Grant was an apoclyptic story"

I dunno if I'd classify it as apocalyptic. After the secret is revealed it's kinda . . . I dunno. Ambiguous?

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 110 comments Haha oh really? interesting! Can't wait to read it then!

Karis (YA Litwit) Jacobstein (YALitwit) | 419 comments Aurora wrote: "Ottilie wrote: "I haven't started the series, but I heard Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael  Grant was an apoclyptic story"

I dunno if I'd classify it as apocalyptic. After the secret is revealed it's kinda . . ..."

I've been meaning to read this for ages. I've heard really good things.

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 110 comments Same!

The Cover Contessa (TheCoverContessa) I thought it fell underneath "Sci Fi"...but not sure? I see Divergent under there. This is my favorite topic right now, I just keep picking these books up!

message 9: by Kellee, WT Co-Moderator (last edited Feb 19, 2012 06:55PM) (new)

Kellee (KelleeMoye) | 2121 comments Mod
There was a discussion board under Sci-Fi ;) I'm going to move this one into Sci-Fi too and close this thread- please continue the discussion at http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1... though :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pure (other topics)
The Hunger Games (other topics)
Gone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Julianna Baggott (other topics)